What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not going to lie I thought Drown was a lost cause and would have been happy to see him let go after his mediocre season last year. Credit to Pou who saw through all that and predicted that he would end up becoming out X factor. No idea how he saw it but he turned out to be right.

Plenty of people agreed with Pou - myself included.

For the record, I am also confident that Jake Arthur will have a solid NRL career.

T-Boon

Coach
Are you f**king serious? Plenty of players have improved under Arthur's coaching. It doesn't mean he is the reason for the improvement though - I believe players generally all reach their potential, however they look better in better teams, plus the stronger clubs are just better at junior recruitment/retention and so end up with more of the high-demand, high-potential youngsters. This looks like those clubs are better at 'development' when really they are just better at recruitment and retention.

My point is, Arthur might have nothing to do with the great development shown by players like Drown, Gutherson, Papali'i, Mahoney, Lane or even Moses (as in they might've become just as good at any other club), but he at least hasn't prevented it, which is your implication.
If we didn't know Drown had this level of potential we wouldn't have offered the attractive player option that he took up when he could've signed for anyone else.

As for Gutherson, he is a senior player and a club leader with no history of off field issues. Drown might be able to replace him on the field but no chance he replaces what Gutherson provides off it.
Schooled

I'm less confident about Jake Arthur but his performances in reserve grade have certainly justified his position as a top 30 player. And Dylan Brown's a freak. He could win a Dally M one day.
Dylan reaching his true potential will be only limited by how much he wants it. He does go missing within games. All the talent in the world can only get you so far you really need the attitude and desire to go with it. Just got to look at Burton from the Dogs, always involved and wanting the ball.

Gronk

Staff member
Dylan reaching his true potential will be only limited by how much he wants it. He does go missing within games. All the talent in the world can only get you so far you really need the attitude and desire to go with it. Just got to look at Burton from the Dogs, always involved and wanting the ball.
He’s 22. He won’t even hit the peak of his powers until he’s 27.

yy_cheng

Coach
On the footy show this morning, joey said that Dyl is super laid back and talented and he doesn't watch any footy.

He said Nathan watches every match and studies every match.

Joey asked Dyl at training if he has seen cody walker put on a particular move, Dyl's answer was Who's he? is he the one who plays for the Rabbits? lol.

Joey suggested to Dyl to watch other games. He said if Dyl had Nathan's deligence in studying the game, he would go up many levels.

Brad asked Joey, do you reckon he has taken your advice? Joey said Nup.

Dyl plays now like a young benji

He’s 22. He won’t even hit the peak of his powers until he’s 27.
He’s improving. He’s attitude is much better than it was last year. Physically he’s already there. I think he’s sorted his off field shit up which is great. Just during games he can drift in and out.

On the footy show this morning, joey said that Dyl is super laid back and talented and he doesn't watch any footy.

Joey asked Dyl at training if he has seen cody walker put on a particular move, Dyl's answer was Who's he? is he the one who plays for the Rabbits? lol.

Joey suggested to Dyl to watch other games. He said if Dyl had Nathan's deligence in studying the game, he would go up many levels.

I didn’t see that interesting. He’s def a laid back kind of guy.

Gronk

Staff member

As if GOAT Andrew Johns was a student of the game 🥸at age 22.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We don't live in China, we don't live in Russia, Australia is a democratic society... I'm not going to sit here as a member of the media and say coaches should be censured or suspended, emotions run high in rugby league all the time."

This was a quote from the flog James Hooper on Triple M today about Ricky.

The Ricky defenders are out in force already.

We don't live in China, we don't live in Russia, Australia is a democratic society... I'm not going to sit here as a member of the media and say coaches should be censured or suspended, emotions run high in rugby league all the time."

Yeah I heard that.

lingard

Coach
I know he deserves to start but I think we need matto on the bench and come on when rcg and jnr comes off

When all 3 were off, we really struggled

Next year hopgood can come on to replace matto and keep it going

But this year, I feel it was better when he came on after 20 mins

I would go for Drown over Moses and to complement him Hastings. I feel Hastings mental strength and want to win and do anything to win would go well for us and would be cheaper than Moses

Lastly, I thought lodge was really good for broncos and the chooks have done well.
I agree with every word of that. Yes, Moses' kicking game. But Hastings has a good kicking game. (And so does Hodgson, just quietly.)

Incorrect

Coach

Wow. Hardly surprising though.

I'll call it now, Monday nights NRL 360 will be Braith and The old souse attacking Stuart's comments (even if Sloth actually agrees with Stick). Herp and Derp (Kent and Who?-per) will be all in for the Rickster.....

And then, Tuesday night on NRL 360, Paul Crawley will have had a good 3 days to build his case for the defence and come out slobbering in his admiration and justification for the Rickster...

Don’t be stupid. You just don’t let a fullback hold the team to ransom. 650k/per would have been fair for the extension he got.

It's not as if we just gave him what he wanted. It dragged out for some time. The top 5 fullbacks in 2022 are on average of $939k. The next 5 ranked averaged $595k. And that is on a reduced salary cap due to Covid. $750k (as an average over 3 years) for Gutho seems about market to me. Not a great deal, not a bad deal.

And you don't be stupid either. Or I'll call you names.

yy_cheng

Coach
I agree with every word of that. Yes, Moses' kicking game. But Hastings has a good kicking game. (And so does Hodgson, just quietly.)
Our team really doesn't have someone who really shows emotion to win. Most are gentle giants who are quite laid back

Nrown and maybe gutho

If you watch when theres foul play performed on one of our players, the others are just appealing for a penalty

In alot of other teams, they go in and defend their mates and almost starts a brawl. To me, that shows passion. Got your mates back. We're more like a team of mercenaries.