What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Wb1234

Referee
I’m sure he would feel the same way if the benefactor was RU. A big problem with media now (from both sides of the political spectrum) are these opinion writers who are essentially cheerleaders without a sense of irony or conflict and treating societal and political issues like a sporting match.
Let’s see if he bans himself from attending union games at Allianz

lmao

Wb1234

Referee
Then again Newcastle actually attracts fans through the gate and deserves more money then all these Sydney white elephants.
Tbf they got two new grand stands when nobody else was getting anything

if they were being built today the cost would be hundreds of millions

it’s only the ends that need doing

Colk

First Grade
Tbf they got two new grand stands when nobody else was getting anything

if they were being built today the cost would be hundreds of millions

it’s only the ends that need doing

Coming from Newy it doesn’t need too much. Wollongong is the regional NSW stadium that needs investment.

Eels, Dogs, Tigers - Commbank
Roosters, Souths, PT Dragons - SFS
Penrith - new stadium

only leaves manly and sharks to sort out.
I liked your other idea for a new stadium to share between the Dragons and Sharks. The suburb you would be looking at is Loftus. 25 mins to Saints Leagues club, 20 mins to Sharks Leagues club, 40 mins to the Gong on the freeway. Train line already there. There are parklands that could be used to build it. A-league could play some games, Southern Districts Union. Plenty of junior league and soccer teams in the Shire to play their finals. NRLW Sharks and Dragons teams.
Honestly I think that is the best option if they are seeking Govt money for a new stadium.
Put it this way, it will get way more use out of it than the new Stadium at Penrith.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
What a bunch of bandwagon whingers souffs are. They knew the deal, its no surprise.
Why should they be given any access to Allianz, they have done nothing to earn that right. Its my understanding that its not a free ride for the Roosters, Waratahs etc.
Let souffs play at heffron, they got their share of the $s from the govt for that.

If they based their decision to play at homebush until 2030 on the NSW funding major upgrades, how stupid are they. Especially as it looks like they didn't base their decision on any guarantee of funding and they resigned before the "proposed" funding was announced.

Colk

First Grade
I liked your other idea for a new stadium to share between the Dragons and Sharks. The suburb you would be looking at is Loftus. 25 mins to Saints Leagues club, 20 mins to Sharks Leagues club, 40 mins to the Gong on the freeway. Train line already there. There are parklands that could be used to build it. A-league could play some games, Southern Districts Union. Plenty of junior league and soccer teams in the Shire to play their finals. NRLW Sharks and Dragons teams.
Honestly I think that is the best option if they are seeking Govt money for a new stadium.
Put it this way, it will get way more use out of it than the new Stadium at Penrith.

Are you suggesting having a split like this:

Dragons, Sharks: Southern
Souths, Roosters: SFS
Penrith
Dogs,Tigers, Parra: Commbank
Manly: Brookvale

The only problems I can see is your potentially having the Dragons at three stadiums what with the Anzac clash etc. Also if the Dragons future more and more towards the Gong will the southern stadium used enough?

If you go down this route maybe in say 15-20 years

Penrith, Tigers: shared stadium when 2nd airport line comes in
Dogs, Parra: Commbank
Manly, Souths, Roosters: SFS
Cronulla, Dragons Half/half with Wollongong - Loftus

If you can get it down to 4 maybe 5 stadiums maximum then you could negotiate better with the government

Wb1234

Referee
Even if that does happen (it's unlikely), nothing will happen unless if the Wolves A-League bid is successful
Nah

they’ve already done half the ground based on the dragons playing only 6 games a year there

they could leave the south stand if they had too it’s just the hill that needs doing

Timbo

Staff member
There are some phenomenal stadiums in the 18-25k range being built in Major League Soccer. I wouldn’t mind some of those being templates for what we could do.

Valheru

Coach
Something that has been completely missed here is the government have very clearly and deliberately picked winners and losers.

Roosters and Eels get brand new state of the art stadiums, replacing stadiums that were already far better than all of the other Sydney teams’ stadiums.

The rest told to whistle Dixie.

Morons on Facebook say we should give money to farmers and people who built houses on flood plains instead.

That's not true. Those stadiums aren't for parra and the Roosters, they are merely tenants. Those stadiums are for parra, WSW, roosters, Sydney FC, waratahs, wallabies, socceroos, matildas, large concerts and the list goes on.

Iamback

Coach
There are some phenomenal stadiums in the 18-25k range being built in Major League Soccer. I wouldn’t mind some of those being templates for what we could do.

When they did the expression of interest for the Penrith, one of the questions was what stadium have you been too or seen that would be good to copy.

I listed 3-5 all MLS ones. Hopefully that is the model moving forward

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
After they got tens of millions doing Blacktown but the players hated the area

oh and they got a centre of excellence too which the nsw govt chipped in for
Yep and recieved none of the flack the NRL are receiving. The NSW govt should have said to them, play at the SCG, that's the AFL ground while we build a world class rectangular stadium out of the Olympic Stadium for three of our main sports to benefit from.

MugaB

Coach
Better idea is for bulldogs, tigers and saints to share a stadium around picnic point, sharks already own their ground, and dragons are in WIN half the time, so building a "Southern Sydney Stadium" should be south not south east

Latest posts