What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Signing Dykes was a killer. IIRC we had a huge year and then signed the Dally M 5/8 to strengthen our already good roster.

That's how I remember it any way.
I think the ruck interpretation changed significantly after 2001 to slow the game down, and it wasn’t just our forwards who were disadvantaged. Certain natural footballers like Dykes (and Brad Drew) were suddenly not getting those broken play opportunities that were abundant in 2001.

hindy111

Post Whore
My own experience with depression was a brief period (maybe six months) about a year after getting out of the army. I had never experienced anything like it before. Turned out the problem was I had stopped exercising and was unfit for the first time in my life. I solved it by buying some weights and training regularly. I also try to limit my alcohol intake.

Well when it hits me it only last for 1-2 days maybe. And I can still eat and function. I've seen friends who can't eat or get out of bed. So I assume I've not experienced anything that bad.

hindy111

Post Whore
No it probably means his manager is waiting for the world cup to bump his price as much as possible

What a motherf**ker.

Should I go pub sit in corner on own, perv on the women and eat a steak and have a wine or just get some frozen pies and sit home and watch game. Id be $35 infront.

T-Boon

Coach
My own experience with depression was a brief period (maybe six months) about a year after getting out of the army. I had never experienced anything like it before. Turned out the problem was I had stopped exercising and was unfit for the first time in my life. I solved it by buying some weights and training regularly. I also try to limit my alcohol intake.
I think weed should be legalised and alcohol banned.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe not after Drown has stated:

“My manager would have communicated to the Eels to leave me alone (about contract stuff) until the season is done,” Brown told the Telegraph.

“I just don’t like it, I’d rather not sort that out now. Any distraction is a bad distraction when you are playing footy.”

and:

Dylan Brown has advised the club he doesn’t want to discuss a contract extension in Sydney’s west until after the World Cup

Smart from Drown’s management. Unfortunate for us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well when it hits me it only last for 1-2 days maybe. And I can still eat and function. I've seen friends who can't eat or get out of bed. So I assume I've not experienced anything that bad.
Yeah I was functioning okay. I was just angry and suspicious of every merkin. I actually had some friends I don’t see any more since.

Wally21

Bench
Mate, everyone experiences it differently. You shouldn’t compare, you experience what you experience. I hope the episodes are few and far between for you. But reach out.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What things help?
I find I am good if I am in a good gym routine or other fitness routine, diet but with other obligation those can get neglected. Good habits make a big difference for me. Also laying off the booze helps massively.
But ferk I slip into bad habits quick.
Edit: sorry I had fallen behind in the thread so I didn’t see all the great posts after this one. My post is very late and the question addressed. I hope everyone has a magnificent Friday and weekend.

All good, brother.

That's just it - little things, like watching the Eels play, used to be what clung to to keep me grounded.

Honestly - I've not watched an Eels game from start to finish in four years... And considering how obsessed I was with them previously, that scares me.

I don't even really miss it; I frequent these forums, because I've been a part of the furniture here for twenty years.

But honestly, it's gotten to the stage where trying to find the positives is a chore.

I KNOW I have a good life, with people who love me, but FEELING it is a different beast altogether.

And honestly, that terrifies me.

Latest posts