What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

qld redvee

Juniors
Reports yesterday from Buzz that McCullough wants to play on and Saints are pushing for him to retire. He is not budging. He wants to play on so do not discount him remaining as No.9 because we all know Hook will continue to pick him. What a mess this is going to be. Probably some games going on here as Flanno (list manager) probably the one pushing for him to go and Hook is probably telling his best mate to dig his heels. Check Dragons Forever Facebook page as that is where the info came from.
Slip,
Pretty simple fix if he wants to play on - tell him he is sharing the hooking with our reserve grader on a weekly basis and will never get picked in first grade . And a directive to Hook to forget he is there..
be a handy reserve grade engine room with woods down there

possm

Coach
I am hoping it is from a club that made the 8?

Hopefully someone with size, Emre Guler (Canberra) only 24 would be a good get. Royce Hunt would also be a good signing that won't break the bank.
We have enough average grade forwards even after letting go a big list of them. What we really need is two marquee forwards:
Prop
Edge forward to replace Sims

I would love to see Burgess start 2023 fit and ready to rip in. If this happens and we get a least one marquee prop, then we may have a decent engine room in 2023
8. F Molo
9. Liddle
10. Burgess
11. Fifita
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Sulivan
15. New prop
16, Lawrie
17. M Molo

possm

Coach
Although it says 26k, the ground only holds 22k as per its own website. There is no way that there was 26k in attendance. Logic tells you it was not a sell out and another 4k on top of that. Maybe they counted legs so 13k crowd x 2 gives you 26k.

While it pains me to say it as I can see it from my back yard and have fond memories as a youngster going to watch the Dragon's at Jubilee, but can't see any way that the government is going to spend money knocking it down and building a new one. Any money retro fitting it is also wasted to some degree. More chance of a new stadium happening at wollongong which is a major regional area. An A- League as co-tenant would help but the Wolves had a team in the old NSL that ran on the smell of an oily rag and can't see big corporate support for a new team based in the Gong.
Your words about Jubilee bring back good memories. I remember watching the game in the 'old' grandstand and at halftime lining up my 3 daughters to pee in the old toilets. I used to ask any lady in the line to take my daughters into the ladies. Who would do that these days?

Gut the pies with tomato sauce, the doubles tickets, and the cup of cold beer was a treat; especially when we were mostly a winner each week.

dragonreddy

Juniors
We have enough average grade forwards even after letting go a big list of them. What we really need is two marquee forwards:
Prop

I would love to see Burgess start 2023 fit and ready to rip in. If this happens and we get a least one marquee prop, then we may have a decent engine room in 2023
8. F Molo
9. Liddle
10. Burgess
11. Fifita
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Sulivan
15. New prop
16, Lawrie
17. M Molo
That is one ordinary line up.

BLM01

First Grade
So you want to sign Bellamy/ Robinson/ Payton / Fitzgibbon or Cleary, who are all under contract next year. Because anybody else is not in the "as you say" decent category
Your words not mine. There are others out there apart from those 5 who I would sign who I also call decent.
I am convinced Bellamy and Robbo are decent. Payton & Fitzy appear to be writing their own ticket ATM and heading that way but are still junior head coaches.
Cleary has a good squad and staff at his disposal which was built for him. Did not do wonders at the Tigers but I suppose he is only the 2nd coach to take the Warriors to a GF, so probably yeh decent.

Ieatass

Juniors
Luke Thompson is my call. Add Leniu and we’re starting to get somewhere. A prop rotation of Thompson, Leniu, Lawrie, Molo and JDB is quite decent.
I’ve got no inside information, but I can almost guarantee it’s going to be either Nathan Brown or David Klemmer, as both are unwanted by their club and are under contract

And they can have the shorts as well. The Big Red V however should be non-negotiable, home and away. Arguably the most famous jersey in the rugby league world (although that world is small in reality) but why on earth would you want to play in an alternate jersey every second week?

If they want to show respect to the Illawarra then play in the original Steelers jersey on say the foundation day of when the Steelers were founded as a sign of respect and acknowledgment.
Love it.
Prop

8. F Molo
9. Liddle
10. Burgess
11. Fifita
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Sulivan
15. New prop
16, Lawrie
17. M Molo
Agree totally with your analysis and players, bar one or two changes. Lawrie for F Molo. Check out season stats on both. Molo was disappointing while Lawrie rose to another level in second half of the season, and did so starting. I think also I'd have Burgess start the match then use his massive frame and impact in second half against a tired defense. Jaiyden Hunt will play in our 17 too after his upgrade..

Last edited:

Latest posts