What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

Eelementary

Post Whore
You should alternate between panadol and nurofen.

Yep! We've been alternating every few hours.

Aside from the last few hours that he has been asleep, his lowest temp has been 38.9 degrees today.

I can't describe the heartbreaking feeling of sheer helplessness when my son - a happy, friendly, chatty boy - is lying down, tears streaming down his face, and crying uncontrollably, because he is super hot, and shivering, at the same time.

The feeling of helplessness broke me.

But thank God, a bath helped regulate his temp.

Anyway - thank you for letting me get it off my chest. I'll stop hijacking this thread!

What an unbelievable win!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good advice. I have a 13month year old girl. After our first I thought we were in control.
But geez I was wrong. Love my number 2 but geez it was SO much harder. Go easy on yourself mate. Most of us parents are flying blind as did our parents.

Even the hospital was at a loss as to how to tame his fever; we were there from 08:00 Am this morning, to 15:30, and despite the Nurofen, and Panadol, they gave him, his temp never dipped below 38.5.

They had no answers, so they discharged him.

I'm so bloody thankful that the bath I have him helped him regulate his temperature. He was whimpering, shivering, and boiling hot... It was so sad :(

the phantom menace

First Grade
In the late 70s when I was a kid (probably around age 4) my folks were frantic when I had a high temperature twice - both times not responding to anything they'd tried (presumably panadol etc).

They had to take me to hospital and I still remember (traumatised!) the nurses just put me in a cold steel tub, and then turned a cold hose on me... probably not something they can do these days for some reason, but it definitely did the trick!

Chipmunk

Coach
Just some random thoughts:

Gutherson was outstanding, like I said he is the best bang for buck player in the NRL. And as @parra pete said probably our best signing since Ray Price especially if we win next week.

Lane, RCG and Matterson were amazing out there. Lane is the most improved player in the comp and whatever he is on, it's unders.

Huge kudos to Moses for putting the team before cutting an umbilical cord. Thats stuff is overrated anyway. :)

Simonnson did a great job at centre, however I'd still prefer Opačić at centre. Simonsson probably deserves a bench spot before Jake Arthur, but it won't happen and I couldn't give a f**k anymore.

I think I'd rather play Souths, I think they may be busted and I'd be very surprised if they beat Penrith tomorrow night.

I liked that BA and Gutherson were not too excited at the presser. The job isn't done yet.
We've achieved everything this season, but come close to Souths, a team I think we haven't beaten for 5 years.

It would be more than fitting to finally achieve this one final feat for the year on grand final day. It's almost our destiny to finish it all off with just that.

Rocket man

Juniors
In the late 70s when I was a kid (probably around age 4) my folks were frantic when I had a high temperature twice - both times not responding to anything they'd tried (presumably panadol etc).

They had to take me to hospital and I still remember (traumatised!) the nurses just put me in a cold steel tub, and then turned a cold hose on me... probably not something they can do these days for some reason, but it definitely did the trick!
Probably the best cure for a temperature.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eelementary I hope your boy is OK mate. We are all thinking of you and your family.

I can't believe how calm I was at the end there, I just think it is finally our year this year. Usually my heart is racing but not tonight! We have a tight group, and proved we can defend when it counts.

Also, unbelievable sacrifice from Moses. He will be on fire next week.

Thank you, mate - it seems he is feeling better now, thank God.

That feeling of helplessness when your child is in pain is the worst feeling in the world :(

Stevie

Bench

How old is he buddy?

Rocket man

Juniors
Yep! We've been alternating every few hours.

Aside from the last few hours that he has been asleep, his lowest temp has been 38.9 degrees today.

I can't describe the heartbreaking feeling of sheer helplessness when my son - a happy, friendly, chatty boy - is lying down, tears streaming down his face, and crying uncontrollably, because he is super hot, and shivering, at the same time.

The feeling of helplessness broke me.

But thank God, a bath helped regulate his temp.

Anyway - thank you for letting me get it off my chest. I'll stop hijacking this thread!

What an unbelievable win!!
We always rang the children's hospital.
They would tell you how much to give depending on the child's weight.
We were usually not giving enough meds when the temperature would not go down.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Probably the best cure for a temperature.

Definitely!

I think the hitch for my son is that he had a high fever, but was shivering as well.

So we decided a warm bath may work - it would warm him up, but still be cooler than his high fever, so it should cool him down.

It seems to have worked.

I have to say - the hospital was a little blase about it all.

His lips, and fingertips, were blue this morning - and they basically brushed it off.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We always rang the children's hospital.
They would tell you how much to give depending on the child's weight.
We were usually not giving enough meds when the temperature would not go down.

They told us that we were not dosing him correctly; even though he is 23 months old, he is in the 95th percentile for height (he is 95cm tall), and off the charts for weight (17kg).

So we gave him meds according to his weight, but apparently, we weren't giving him enough.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They told us that we were not dosing him correctly; even though he is 23 months old, he is in the 95th percentile for height (he is 95cm tall), and off the charts for weight (17kg).

So we gave him meds according to his weight, but apparently, we weren't giving him enough.

LOL that makes him sound a little porky!

He's not fat; he's just huge!

Literallty - he's the size of your average 4-year old at 23 months.