What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Not ashamed to admit I shed a tear last night at the conclusion. This club absolutely puts you through the wringer and I just felt that there was a bloody good chance the Cows would score on the bell because that’s how things usually play out for Parramatta.

So proud to be in the big dance. Bought a ticket last night. Look forward to having a few frothies with some of you next weekend hopefully.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Couldn’t Dylan do that?
If Moses goes off Drown won't be able to cover it on his own. Anyway our shape is all about setting up for a right side kick. Moving Drown to the right side will disrupt his combination with Lane. Saying we'll just do all our kicking from the left changes absolutely everything about our shape.

Chipmunk

Coach
RCGs first try was interesting. Last week we ran a similar play with Matto passing to Junior. This week we've run the same play, but instead went with a face ball across Junior to RCG into a big hole, which was created when Townsend came in because he thought it was going to Junior. Good play really.

We were virtually making breaks or scoring at will once we got into their half though. If we'd not made as many unforced errors to give ourselves more opportunities in the first half, we really could have a big lead at half time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think covering hooker if Reed goes down is more problematic than covering Moses.
And merkins will surely disagree (because they have their minds made up about him) but Arthur is actually the best option to cover Mahoney. Good work rate and front on defence, plus he's smart/skilled enough to play in the spine.
In saying that if Moses was to go down the game is probably over anyway.
FFS NEVER SAY THAT!!~!!

hindy111

Post Whore
I still don't understand how the Cowboys died in the arse so badly. Did they frontload their effort areas too much?

I feel like we started to get more ball. Or atleast good ball. We had no good ball in first half. Whenever we did we created havoc

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
All they can tell us is that it's a virus :(

He's been feverish since Wednesday night, shivering, vomiting...

I know there is not much one can do with a viral infection, but wait it out, but seeing him so miserable breaks my heart :(
Don’t want to sound alarmist, but if the temperature persists for another day or so, get the doctor to check him again..

my son at a similar age had a fever, dr said the same. He then had a febrile convulsion from the fever - was scary, but they are harmless and quite common. At the hospital still nothing..

Then back to doctors, nothing again…then a few days later back to hospital as still fevering (which had been going on for a few days now)…..and finally they found the cause, an infected tonsil.

He was great within 24/36 hrs after antibiotics..

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don’t want to sound alarmist, but if the temperature persists for another day or so, get the doctor to check him again..

my son at a similar age had a fever, dr said the same. He then had a febrile convulsion from the fever - was scary, but they are harmless and quite common. At the hospital still nothing..

Then back to doctors, nothing again…then a few days later back to hospital as still fevering (which had been going on for a few days now)…..and finally they found the cause, an infected tonsil.

That's really good advice, thank you!

hindy111

Post Whore
If Moses goes off Drown won't be able to cover it on his own. Anyway our shape is all about setting up for a right side kick. Moving Drown to the right side will disrupt his combination with Lane. Saying we'll just do all our kicking from the left changes absolutely everything about our shape.

You're the expert.

I didn't think we'd make the 8. However I predicted we would win our last 3, lose to Penrith then make grand final and beat them 13-12 in extra time. I dunno.

hindy111

Post Whore
Quality player, Simonsson.

Atleast he ran hard. As I said with Waqa. His style of running is getting on outside of a guy and cutting in or out with his step. He has poor front on power which wingers need. He is a centre and given a bit of space a dangerous one.

If he is picked on wing next week BA needs to put a rocket up him and say take atleast 12 runs and run as hard as you can. Not jog up and step. That's only effective in space. Must charge like a forward.

IFR33K

Coach

Convulsions happened to my daughter from the age 6 months to roughly 7 yo. Maybe had 4 episodes during those years. The first episode was very alarming. We honestly thought we were going to lose her that how bad it was.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're the expert.

I didn't think we'd make the 8. However I predicted we would win our last 3, lose to Penrith then make grand final and beat them 13-12 in extra time. I dunno.
I didn't think we'd make the grand final either, but I thought we could. I lost plenty of money in recent weeks. Since I won a hundred-odd when the Broncos beat us I've lost about $1500. Actually feels good to be down at this time of year, because in previous years I've finished well ahead. At 20-12 last night I was kicking myself for not getting on the Cowboys.

And the hundred I put on us in the pre-season to win the comp is still alive. I'm not sure if I want to lay a grand on our opponents next week. If we lose I'll wish I did whereas if we win I won't be thinking about the money. Some merkin has to pay the rugby league gods for our wins, though punting and Eels socks weren't necessary last night. I'm starting to suspect the rugby league gods don't exist and I'm just superstitious.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Finals won outside of NSW by Parra.
1998 v Brisbane at ANZ Stadium, Brisbane
2007 v New Zealand at Mt Smart
2021 v Newcastle at Rockhampton (QLD Hub)
2022 v North Queensland at Townsville

Definitely the best win out of those 4 I would say.

Latest posts