What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Yeah that's a fair side. I suspect for Taupau to sign, we'd need Brown to find somewhere else.

It's strange that this kid isn't signed up somewhere.

I suspect there is a few players unannounced as there is some sort of wait on what the salary cap is going to be.
Taupau will go to South's.

IFR33K

Coach
He can kick, he can pass both sides, he has stamina and not bad defending in the middle.

Great foil in the 1st 20 before hadgo comes on.

He also covers the halves

Who else do we have next year who ia best suited to the 14?

Yates and hands hardly played 9 in nsw cup.

Rein i still feel ba doesnt trust. A bit like carty

So ja is the best for that spot.

All year it has been said the ja is there to cover the halves. Now also the 9 and at a pinch, the centres coz we no longer have Marata . If 1 of dunster, baileyor russell plays centre, ja covers wing too. Dyl to centre, Russell /bailey/dunster to wing.

It just makes perfect sense.

Thwy way he backed up to score that gf try shows what a dummy half Should also do and that is backup

not sure which games you’re watching, but ja was an average cover for halves. Couldn’t play hooker either. Wrong body type and too slow.

not sure what you’ve seen from him to suggest he could cover wing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some glaring concerns from this year..
- bench rotation again was horrible
- potential to give players some more matches/game time but persisted with Makatoa who he dropped in the end anyway. Why wasn't more time given to Greig, Ogden and Rodwell. You can't say Makatoa was killing it.
- majority of the season we played with 16 players. There was enough versatility to have nuikore, Matto, Cartwright to move into a backs position
- The promotion of JA and moving the best 5/8 in the competition at the time to centre was one epic fail. There were stacks of blokes like Russell, Cini, Perham etc who wouldve been better suited in the outside backs than shifting Dylbro. Yes Perham did play a few games of wing and probably unfairly criticised. He's been released regardless.
Clubs do seek special dispensation to promote someone outside of the top 30 if there is a need to do so.

The signings of Hodgson, Hopgood and Murchie are very good. These guys will add to our team. Been a Murchie fan since at Canberra and went on loan to the Warriors. Runs very good lines. Good motor and will be coming into his prime.
Hopgood is very good.
Hodgson if he stays fit will not only help our team but the halves as well.
Reads the game very well and always scheming. He will add a new dimension to our attack.
lol ‘glaring concerns’ ffs. We beat a bunch of better teams to the grand final.

Gronk

Staff member
If Bennett is going to offer Moses the same as Munster, there are others that are suddenly going to want to take that money instead (i.e DCE).

I think Moses would be behind Latrell, Cody, DCE, Fifita, and some others. I suspect Bennett has a ceiling for Moses, and that is probably about the same as we're going to pay him.

I think Moses and Brown will cost us $2m combined, maybe slightly more.
Well if we can get them for $2m then it would be on budget. The upside for staying put is that they stay with an established contender and not have to put up with the dramas if going to a shit club. Munster chosing unders to stay with Storm and others of note rejecting Dolphins makes it pretty clear that it’s not all about the money.

parra pete

Referee
The agents are doing their jobs pushing player prices up...Parra wouldn't be sitting on their hands....negotiations would be going along nicely. Extra money doesn't make a player better.
Sometime when you’re feeling important;
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom
Sometime when you take it for granted
You’re the best qualified in the room,

Sometime when you feel that your going
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions
And see how they humble your soul;

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining
Is a measure of how you’ll be missed.

You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop and you’ll find that in no time
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example
Is do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There’s no indispensable man.

hindy111

Post Whore
The Dogs have rich benefactors behind them now with plenty of business contacts.

I expect them to be soon like the chooks and find it easier to manipulate the cap with TPA's outside the salary cap.

More like the NRL knows they need to make Tigers and Dogs strong again. Tigers represent a large area and lots of kids. They don't want fans drifting to other sports. Parra and Penrith where both important to get strong also.
In rugby league towns where there is less threat sides are neglected. Think Canberra,Newcastle etc.
If you dont think there is favouritism based on this stuff from the guys running the game then your a peanut. I'm not suggesting it's rigged but I am suggesting all the favours have been given to certain clubs and us being one of them.

Latest posts