What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In what direction is the universe expanding?

FrancesWalsh

Juniors
I was going to ask @Everlovin' Antichrist or anyone else who is astronomical.

So Hubble said the whole show is expanding and the expansion is speeding up.

I was trying to work out where they said it started relative to our Sun?

Also, is the acceleration a constant or do different chunks of the universe go faster?

Also, If we accept the Big Bang, how could something come from nothing? Surely there was something at the start of the mess?

It just doesn’t make any sense to me that a couple of atoms or whatever just materialises from the void.

I know stranger things have happened like the signing of Packer for $850k, and I’m not putting up anything creationist, but I’m a tad uncomfortable with this explanation.

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks.
The expansion of the Universe occurred everywhere at the moment of expansion, which includes about 13.8 billion years ago. The expansion of the Universe is not accelerated, and different parts of the Universe move at their own speed. This is due to various factors like gravitational interaction and dark matter. Because of the emergence of matter from nothing in fact, this is one of the most difficult and unexplored questions in a multitude of sciences. The current assumption in the scientific community is that mass and energy began to expand and cool, which encompassed many particles at the beginning of mass propagation.

I still can’t understand how the whole show apparently emerges out of nothing.

Its a tad baffling and to me at least, unsatisfactory.

I’ve still got @Generalzod galaxy thing on the iPhone. I’d be interested in a Saturn if you have one handy?

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
you-are-here-pillars-1.png

This is @The Silverdale Phantom shopping at Bankstown square.

Nuke

Staff member
I just read that we're getting a pretty close fly-by of an asteroid tomorrow night (Australian time). 2023 DZ2.

It will be whizzing through the space in between Earth and the Moon in the middle of the night, but sadly for us, the moon's on the other side of the world at the time.

I just read that we're getting a pretty close fly-by of an asteroid tomorrow night (Australian time). 2023 DZ2.

It will be whizzing through the space in between Earth and the Moon in the middle of the night, but sadly for us, the moon's on the other side of the world at the time.

Very cool.

Might make crocs and other reptiles who are closer to the dinosaurs than us nervous.

This asteroid could be chunk that flew off all those years ago, taking with it, a small snake that has now grown to be a giant T. rex, ready to return home.

Mojo

Bench

Any chance it could wipe-out Cronulla around 5 pm Sunday?

Latest posts