What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Nuke

Staff member
Agreed, that they need to go back to something similar to this, IMO just getting rid of the star would probably suffice.

The explanation of why they went away from that font at the end of 2001 was because the embroidery costs at the time and the intricacy of the actual wording. A lady involved at the club at the time was telling us in fans in Sydney that it was essentially 3 layers of stitching (grey background, the white and then the navy over the top). She alluded that they had a heap of merch made up and it turned out rubbish and they had to bin it all, which pushed them to move to the current simple font. This was 20 years ago so i'm sure technology has improved, cost might still be a factor though?

Back on NQ's jerseys, I'm interested to see who takes the centre breast sponsorship as Bundy rum doesn't appear at the moment.
Yeah, there's a lot of intricate bits going on in that 'COWBOYS' text with the blue, white, black, and grey. That logo with a simplified version of the text (and removing that 90's style Publisher 'word art' shadow) can / would look brilliant.

Last edited:

globalpanther

Juniors
New Titans training gear with new sponsors Frizelle Sunshine & Trigon

Attachments

• 937406A8-6755-4F86-82BD-20C7551F4CE3.jpeg
    937406A8-6755-4F86-82BD-20C7551F4CE3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60

Saint Doc

Coach
You mean the club's colours (ACT)?
Yes, that’s what I mean.
The club made a deliberate move away from them. Raiders lime is the branding, don’t need ACT colours any more, they’re not the brumbies. Navy and silver trim would be a much better/more marketable look.

Bring this back....
View attachment 67882

They had this for all of one year a few seasons back... along with their best jerseys ever.. im not even a cows fan and i bought them both
This is better but I’ve never been that enamoured with any of their logos. Given the cane fields, I wished they called themselves the Cutters and Broncos went Brumbies instead of borrowing from the Yanks.

MugaB

Coach
Good to see.
Why? A sponsor is a sponsor, you gonna tell me radio rentals is any different than some random betting company... and save me the holy than thou gamiling is addictive attitude...
There will always be gambling, prostitution and alcohol... coke and pepsi is bad for kids, especially in large doses, or consumed often, yet they seem to be ok sponsoring sports teams, fast food chains like kfc, maccas, hungry jack all bad in excess, not sure why gambling has this bad rap too.. its the morons that are excessive that punt away their hard earned, not the betting companies fault... its almost like every generation has a stigma against, ciggerette, or alcohol companies now its gambling, next gen it'll be lawyer firms, paracetamol companys or something weird like milk products, always something for the janes of world to whinge about or villianize

Last edited:

England87

Juniors
Why? A sponsor is a sponsor, you gonna tell me radio rentals is any different than some random betting company... and save me the holy than thou gamiling is addictive attitude...
There will always be gambling, prostitution and alcohol... coke and pepsi is bad for kids, especially in large doses, or consumed often, yet they seem to be ok sponsoring sports teams, fast food chains like kfc, maccas, hungry jack all bad in excess, not sure why gambling has this bad rap too.. its the morons that are excessive that punt away their hard earned, not the betting companies fault... its almost like every generation has a stigma against, ciggerette, or alcohol companies now its gambling, next gen it'll be lawyer firms, paracetamol companys or something weird like milk products, always something for the janes of world to whinge about or villianize
Nailed it mate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Same reason it was good when sport banned tobacco advertising. It’s a sht industry that sucks money out of people who can Ill afford to lose it most of the time. The social harm it causes is immense. australianhas a massive gambling problem and normalising it through advertising isnt helping. Be glad to see the back of it all together.sport didn’t collapse when ciggies were banned and it won’t die if gambling ads are banned.
if 1/4 milllion kids were being screwed by drinking 20 cans of Pepsi a day and you couldn’t watch a game without twenty Pepsi adverts being in your face encouraging. Kids to drink it I’d be saying the same thing Wouldn’t you?
the rest is just strawman nonsense.

England87

Juniors
Same reason it was good when sport banned tobacco advertising. It’s a sht industry that sucks money out of people who can Ill afford to lose it most of the time. The social harm it causes is immense. australianhas a massive gambling problem and normalising it through advertising isnt helping. Be glad to see the back of it all together.sport didn’t collapse when ciggies were banned and it won’t die if gambling ads are banned.
if 1/4 milllion kids were being screwed by drinking 20 cans of Pepsi a day and you couldn’t watch a game without twenty Pepsi adverts being in your face encouraging. Kids to drink it I’d be saying the same thing Wouldn’t you?
bruh.

The social harm due to alcohol and obesity is 100x worse than 1% of Aussie punters in this country who have a gambling addiction.

Perth Red

Post Whore
bruh.

The social harm due to alcohol and obesity is 100x worse than 1% of Aussie punters in this country who have a gambling addiction.
Yes and no, you shouldn’t accept one sht thing just because there are equally sht things.
and tbh I’d have no problem if we stopped advertising either of those things as well. It’s up to people what they choose to do, but end of day these peopl spend billions Advertising as they know it impacts peoples choices and behaviour. The less we encourage harmful behaviour the better as a rule.

We saw in Suallii’s first grade debut where they had to cover up the unibet logo on his jersey because a kid can’t advertise gambling, yet we’re happy for kids to be exposed to gambling advertising? Same goes for alcohol and think neither should be advertised before, say 9pm-ish which kills off jersey placement. It’s a tough one for the game to make a moral stand on given the dollars involved plus clubs‘ backlash so it should be taken out of their hands through government intervention. I don’t personally have an issue with either as I partake in both but believe there should be restrictions on marketing them.

hrundi99

First Grade
Yes, that’s what I mean.
The club made a deliberate move away from them. Raiders lime is the branding, don’t need ACT colours any more, they’re not the brumbies. Navy and silver trim would be a much better/more marketable look.

Why wouldn't we need ACT colours anymore? Disagree...

MugaB

Coach
nice strawman
Nothing strawman about it, too many quarms and nitpicking from every faction on any sponsor, whats wrong with putting your slogan/brand on a jersey vs putting your brand at a bus stop, no difference... the issue isn't that betting companies are unjust or leeching on society, its societies woke ethics creeping into how to dictate whats acceptable to advertise on a rugby league player that is revered by fans and young children...

200w.gif

Latest posts