What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Iamback

Coach
You mean the media that has constantly blown smoke up PVL’s ass because he gave them a nice discount and ensures they get private suites at the races has constantly provided a very pro-NRL admin slant on their articles? No way!

And what discount has ch7 got from the NRL?

skeepe

Immortal
Getting pretty close to the women’s all star game being cancelled I’d imagine - can’t expect them to train and play without the security of insurance in the event of an injury.

The NRL have f**ked this up big time. Stand with the players, without them we don’t have a game.

Iamback

Coach
Getting pretty close to the women’s all star game being cancelled I’d imagine - can’t expect them to train and play without the security of insurance in the event of an injury.

The NRL have f**ked this up big time. Stand with the players, without them we don’t have a game.

They have an agreement in place for rep games

siv

First Grade
you do what anyone in business does in these situations, you set an indicative budget with understanding that there may be some slight variation in the future. Then you keep it private. You certainly don't announce it to the media as a done deal and the detail of it when the players haven't even had chance to properly see it and agree to it.

the main question someone needs to answer is if the RLPA started this process 14 months ago why just 5 weeks out from D day is it still not resolved???

Greenberg/Grant sorted the last CBA deal out 5 months before season KO
we only had an interim CEO in 2012 when that CBA deal was still managed to be signed off 4 months before season start.
This is the latest deal in NRL history, ARLC incompetence or sign of the times?
But there was no NRLW CBA in the middle last time

Not sure how much has been discussed in the last 12 months on that front

As the two are on significant different timelines, there should be two CBAs

NRLW is like a different sport

Iamback

Coach
Incorrect.

AAP says otherwise, They aren't a PVL stooge

Women have never had a CBA and have played this game for a few years.

The issue would be IF they need time off work without leave

Attachments

• 14E592E2-5CB4-4DCC-AFB2-807054364620.png
    14E592E2-5CB4-4DCC-AFB2-807054364620.png
    613.9 KB · Views: 3

Canard

Immortal
You honestly think they haven't? After 14 months?
Whats much more likely is the NRl doesnt want to/doesnt feel able to meet their objectives hence the negotiations underway. Why its taken 14 months is the real question. Other NRl leaders have managed to get the deal done in the year before the season started. Like I said clubs got a 67% increase, I wonder why they got such a massive increase so quickly, nothing to do with having the power to get rid of the commissioners I suppose?

My dude, what is it with you consistently typing NRL as NRI???

Frailty

First Grade
AAP says otherwise, They aren't a PVL stooge

Women have never had a CBA and have played this game for a few years.

The issue would be IF they need time off work without leave
“AAP has been told”… who by? Hint: the ARLC.
On top of that, if a player gets injured in the All Star game - even if they are insured, what’s the likelihood they get signed to a club?

Iamback

Coach
“AAP has been told”… who by? Hint: the ARLC.
On top of that, if a player gets injured in the All Star game - even if they are insured, what’s the likelihood they get signed to a club?

If the men are using last years CBA, Wouldn't the women too refer back to their conditions for last years All Stars?

Iamback

Coach

Aaron Woods the other day said women sign 3 contracts across the year.

Their state body
NRLW
Aus/NZ

Whichever one is for All Stars ( Aus/NZ ) will get signed or the players lose a share of the revenue if they strike

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Aaron Woods the other day said women sign 3 contracts across the year.

Their state body
NRLW
Aus/NZ

Whichever one is for All Stars ( Aus/NZ ) will get signed or the players lose a share of the revenue if they strike
Jesus Christ, are you this stupid on purpose?

Without a CBA there is no contract to sign.

Pneuma

First Grade
I think it’s time this was brought to an end. The NRL cannot afford a strike and neither can the players. Just get on with it.

Iamback

Coach
I think it’s time this was brought to an end. The NRL cannot afford a strike and neither can the players. Just get on with it.

You'd think 90% of both the CBA's both parties are on the same page.
Allowing for future NRLW expansion would be the sticking point there.
Meeting in the middle for Mens injury fund etc