What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

shadowboxer

First Grade
Tough one for the dreamers losing Crosby.
Honest and raw as all hell and a true legend.
Probally never be an another like him.
His bitterness to Neil Young is admirable

Nealo 12

Bench
Just heard this on the news.

David Crosby, this one hurt. I love C.S.N&Y. I think Dave was a lucky camper really to get to 81. Didn't he have a liver transplant quiet some time back.

Might have a bit of Crosby Stills Nash and Young on the sound system today.
Came under fire at the time for jumping the Que, he did hammer himself was on all the gear

Came under fire at the time for jumping the Que, he did hammer himself was on all the gear
Excellent interview of Crosby, Stills, and Nash by Dan Rather. He doesn't shy away from his mistakes or weaknesses. Had humility to Send a letter to Judge after he was released from jail to thank him for sending him there because it saved his life. I always loved their music, but changed my opinion of them, as good human beings as well.

Tough one for the dreamers losing Crosby.
Honest and raw as all hell and a true legend.
Probally never be an another like him.
His bitterness to Neil Young is admirable
Pretty much agree, He seems to have taken accountability for his mistakes. Not so sure He was all that bitter towards neil young ,in the end, but i guess it sold newspapers and got clicks to make much of it. I think Crosby Stills Nash and young did make a difference in a positive way .Fancy Killing your own children for Protesting ? Something did need to be said about it.

Youngy comes across as a bit of a dick anyway
Well there is that, i suppose , but Canadians have just a tiny bit of resentment towards USA, some of it translates into moral superiority, But Neil Young always was and is musical Genius. one of my favorite songs is Cortez . by neil young and crazy horse ,that set such a magical background to an historical event that to the participants must have been like discovering new cultures on a different planet. Unfortunately got a lot of facts wrong , but I guess he is Musician not a Historian. Probably would be sign of his own accountability to acknowledge such mistakes. Doubt it would happen.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Only ridgy didge rocker I ever met in person. Memory is foggy on details. It was backstage on what I think was a Just a Song Before I go Tour after Neil Young had left CSNY. I think it was at some long gone or refurbished joint at Newtown. Maybe The Hub. Anyway, me and me mates snuch in from behind the curtains to try and get autographs. Some security fella wasn't happy but Stephen Stills stopped him booting us out and got Graham Nash and Dave Crosby over to sign our CSN T shirts.

Whatever the details, it was one of the best concerts I ever went to.

This came out around the same time

Attachments

• CSN.jpg
    CSN.jpg
    868.8 KB · Views: 8

shadowboxer

First Grade
Only ridgy didge rocker I ever met in person. Memory is foggy on details. It was backstage on what I think was a Just a Song Before I go Tour after Neil Young had left CSNY. I think it was at some long gone or refurbished joint at Newtown. Maybe The Hub. Anyway, me and me mates snuch in from behind the curtains to try and get autographs. Some security fella wasn't happy but Stephen Stills stopped him booting us out and got Graham Nash and Dave Crosby over to sign our CSN T shirts.

Whatever the details, it was one of the best concerts I ever went to.

This came out around the same time
Outstanding

Quigs

Immortal
You can't always git what you want,
You can't always git what you want,
But if you try sometime,
You just might find,
You git what you need.....

and RIP Barrett Strong , Motown singer, but mainly a songwriter, co wrote Money (that's what I want), I Heard it Through the Grapevine, Pappa was a Rolling Stone, War and other classics.

taipan

Referee
I'd of always thought you were a bit of a Laverne type of a guy Taip.
Nah mate. I like the girl next door type, hold hands in the Cronulla cinema and throw Jaffas down the aisle.Laverne types lead me astray. and I give in too easily.
BTW how does Keith Richards of the Stones stay alive?

Nah mate. I like the girl next door type, hold hands in the Cronulla cinema and throw Jaffas down the aisle.Laverne types lead me astray. and I give in too easily.
BTW how does Keith Richards of the Stones stay alive?
Alcohol is a great preservative .

Latest posts