What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth red: bears bid is joke. We don't want them here.

Pippen: any Perth bids?!

Perth red: well there's the bears
Ironically the bears are the only bid not WA based and haven’t indicated they will try to bid for perth on their own. The other 3 however……..

Pippen: there’s no perth bids
everyone else: here’s three that have gone public
pippen: yeh but ……..

greenBV4

Bench
I reiterate that I am not opposed to a Perth club.

I am opposed to AFL fans who cry and wish doom on other clubs because they occasionally want to watch a rugby league game when they get bored with the shitfest that is afl.

I am also opposed to clubs who don't and can't contribute to the playing pool and individuals who put shit on existing clubs but are quite happy to harvest their juniors.
How many Redcliffe players are in the Dolphins starting 13?

The NRL is a professional league, players come from everywhere, goal 1 is win premierships

The state leagues/clubs are where development should happen

Perth Red

Post Whore

The NRL is a professional league, players come from everywhere, goal 1 is win premierships

32/36 dolphins players have been signed from other nrl clubs, including all of the starting squad. They have already started signing players for next year from other nrl clubs. There reserves will be made up from players for all areas. The people on Heres notion of “homegrown” is so very 1980’s lol.

greenBV4

Bench
32/36 dolphins players have been signed from other nrl clubs, including all of the starting squad. They have already started signing players for next year from other nrl clubs. There reserves will be made up from players for all areas. The people on Heres notion of “homegrown” is so very 1980’s lol.
Gee, good thing we promoted an existing QRL club

End of the day the Dolphins (and any likely other "promoted" club for that matter) are just as plastic as any interstate expansion club would be, hell they've literally gone out of their own way to distance themselves from Redcliffe choosing to instead represent "the"

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Probably the same amount or more than Victorian juniors at the Storm or in the whole NRL. But I'll bet your left nut it wont take 25 years and counting for the Dolphins to be a contributor to the playing pool.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Again, as previously stated, what did you want them to do - name their Queensland cup side?

And again, no one is stuck in the eighties and says anything about home grown players, except you just now with this 32/36 rubbish.

Stick to afl, you're presumably an expert at that although i doubt it.

greenBV4

Bench
Probably the same amount or more than Victorian juniors at the Storm or in the whole NRL. But I'll bet your left nut it wont take 25 years and counting for the Dolphins to be a contributor to the playing pool.
It shouldn't be the role of a professional football club to develop grassroots, Its the role of the arlc via junior clubs and state leagues

The lack of Victorian juniors says everything about NRL Vic and its pitiful funding from the ARLC and nothing about the Melbourne Storm

Perth Red

Post Whore
Again, as previously stated, what did you want them to do - name their Queensland cup side?

And again, no one is stuck in the eighties and says anything about home grown players, except you just now with this 32/36 rubbish.

I’m not saying what they’ve done is anything wrong, just pointing out the hypocrisy of some posters.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It shouldn't be the role of a professional football club to develop grassroots, Its the role of the arlc via junior clubs and state leagues

The lack of Victorian juniors says everything about NRL Vic and its pitiful funding from the ARLC and nothing about the Melbourne Storm
Some dumb People still don’t understand the difference between increasing participation rates and developing elite jnrs to first grade.
the former is the job of the arlc and state bodies, the latter is the job of nrl clubs.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Obviously you're a 'not my job' type of operator. Not me, if a job needs doing I do it and leave the whinging to the likes of you and your mate AFL Red.

Wouldn’t it be great if all clubs had that attitude.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Some dumb People still don’t understand the difference between increasing participation rates and developing elite jnrs to first grade.
the former is the job of the arlc and state bodies, the latter is the job of nrl clubs.
Dumb people pretend they're not afl trolls and think they can get away with it.

Gee, good thing we promoted an existing QRL club

End of the day the Dolphins (and any likely other "promoted" club for that matter) are just as plastic as any interstate expansion club would be, hell they've literally gone out of their own way to distance themselves from Redcliffe choosing to instead represent "the"
The QRL told them they cannot field the Redcliffe Dolphins in the Queensland Cup if they use that name at NRL level.

When the Cowboys entered a tram in the Queensland Cup it was known as the North Queensland Young Guns. The Broncos fielded a team called the Apsley Broncos many years ago.

greenBV4

Bench
The QRL told them they cannot field the Redcliffe Dolphins in the Queensland Cup if they use that name at NRL level.

When the Cowboys entered a tram in the Queensland Cup it was known as the North Queensland Young Guns. The Broncos fielded a team called the Apsley Broncos many years ago.
Im not at all against the Dolphins btw, nothing wrong with going to market for players
Just using them to point out the hypocrisy in some posters reasoning Perth shouldn't be team 18

IMO a perfect expansion strategy for where the game is now is 1 consolidation followed by 1 true expansion, pairs of 2 to keep an even draw

Hopefully this is what the NRL does now, and then repeats it again for team 19/20 when we are ready to do so
(just not in Sydney, consolidation of Sydney would involve ditching the struggling teams not adding more)

Pneuma

First Grade

He knows a lot about afl. Lots and lots

Wb1234

Referee

More bs

qld is a rugby league hot bed

Perth is a rugby league cold bed

you want the arlc to spend tens of millions a year so wa can produce enough players to justify the existence of a Perth nrl club.

Latest posts