What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Vibing

Juniors
128K for the 6 games so far this round
over 30K today i'd think , although the heat in Sydney & Canberra today may affect it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've refrained from playing this card up to now because I'm a Pom on an Aussie forum.

But... aren't you all deeply embarrassed that 88 thousand of your compatriots had nothing better to do on Thursday night than sit there watching blokes fumbling around on a gigantic field?

It's no wonder some of you get a bit tetchy.

I'd feel the same if 88 thousand English people showed up to the Gloucester Cheese Rolling Festival.
They are Victorians and not real people.

beave

Coach
GC looked to have people come in pretty late or the punters were hanging out in the concourse area to get out of the sun for the first 15mins.

The last few days has been rubbish weather wise in SEQ, Friday it was 39C out at Springfield with humidity through the roof, up there with with shitty Tvl summers IMO.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Its going to be epic , a genuine block buster with that term used a bit too loosely in modern sport , but this one fits the bill. The plots & sub plots would fill a book. There will be genuine hate present , maybe not among the fans yet but officials etc
Will attract record TV ratings for a H&A game certainly in QLD & plenty south of the border as well.
Deserves a full house , looks like it will get it.
A must see.
To summarise: A humdinger

Pneuma

First Grade
I don't have a problem with it TBH. Provided it's not trolling.

Comparisons can be interesting at times - specifically when looking at the relationships between fanbases and time slots, weather, etc.
I’m just not interested in fumbling as a sport or its attendances. I am far more interested in our game being its best. If we grow our tv audiences and crowds and maximise club income, game marketing and participation diversity then I’m happy. That’s why I cannot stand the turd from the west. Always blowing the fumbler trumpet. I’m here to discuss our great game and not their seagull chip fight. Having said that I think it’s within all of our rights in fact our duty to laugh at the rah rahs!

mongoose

Coach
GC looked to have people come in pretty late or the punters were hanging out in the concourse area to get out of the sun for the first 15mins.

The last few days has been rubbish weather wise in SEQ, Friday it was 39C out at Springfield with humidity through the roof, up there with with shitty Tvl summers IMO.
I've been staying at the Gold Coast the last few days, was thinking about going to the game but as soon as I walked outside my building yesterday I was like "yeah, nah". Horrible day to be outside and not in a Pool.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I've been staying at the Gold Coast the last few days, was thinking about going to the game but as soon as I walked outside my building yesterday I was like "yeah, nah". Horrible day to be outside and not in a Pool.
The heat and humidity is putrid. I'd rather sit in -5c at Canberra stadium. At least you can get cosy with a beanie and a puffer jacket. You literally can't escape humidity.

Vibing

Juniors
I’m just not interested in fumbling as a sport or its attendances. I am far more interested in our game being its best. If we grow our tv audiences and crowds and maximise club income, game marketing and participation diversity then I’m happy. That’s why I cannot stand the turd from the west. Always blowing the fumbler trumpet. I’m here to discuss our great game and not their seagull chip fight. Having said that I think it’s within all of our rights in fact our duty to laugh at the rah rahs!
its a legit example though to shoot down their circle jerks about how well they're doing in NSW & QLD , when they're not.
The 2nd sides in these states prove how little support they've gained in 40 years.

Bulldogs projecting a crowd of 16,000-17,000 this afternoon at Belmore with the sell-out:

The 4:05pm Multicultural Round match will be accompanied by a celebration of cultural performances, activities and food stall from across the globe - promising to be a great afternoon for all. The expected crowd will be between 16-17,000.

Hopefully the heat doesn't put many off.

Be cool to see Multicultural Round moved to Ramadan proper next year, and for the Bulldogs to have a night game at Belmore with food markets leveraging the massive success that is the Ramadan night markets in Lakemba. That would be totally unique in an Australian sporting context.

Wb1234

Referee
Bulldogs projecting a crowd of 16,000-17,000 this afternoon at Belmore with the sell-out:

The 4:05pm Multicultural Round match will be accompanied by a celebration of cultural performances, activities and food stall from across the globe - promising to be a great afternoon for all. The expected crowd will be between 16-17,000.

Be cool to see Multicultural Round moved to Ramadan proper next year, and for the Bulldogs to have a night game at Belmore with food markets leveraging the massive success that is the Ramadan night markets in Lakemba. That would be totally unique in an Australian sporting context.
Excellent idea

beave

Coach

Is Belmore's lighting up to broadcast standard for night games?

Burns

First Grade
Looks like the heat has kept a few away from Belmore. Unless that’s just how the ground is sorted for capacity?

Is Belmore's lighting up to broadcast standard for night games?

Unclear but the Bulldogs played 2 x night home games at Belmore in winter (2018 vs Titans and 2018 vs Raiders), so somewhat confident it's possible, and if not likely only a minor upgrade from the council...and would help council grow the Ramadan festival beyond Lakemba.

Latest posts