What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons V Sharks Round 4

jodragon40

Juniors
The way the modern game is, our team should have a different game plan against each team. Against Broncos, we palyed to their tune and lost in the last 10 minutes. Against Sharks, We have to make them play to our tune. Make their bigger forward pack move around as much as we can.

Mbye out/Michael Molo out
Amone in/Couchman in

Won't rush JDB in. He needs to get back fitness in lower grades after long injury.

Start with Amone at 5/8. Start with Sullivan as dummy half. Amone is tranditional runner 5/8.

Bring in Liddle @ 20th minute for Sullivan. Sullivan can come back again later (after 60 minute) in the game for either Liddle or Amone.

Rotate forwards wisely - both Bird and Sua played 80 minutes against Broncos! Forwards should get 35 to 45 minute each unless HIA or injury . We have 8 interchanges (Sullivan/Liddle/Amone). So with 6 interchange remaining, it should be manageable.
Amone won't be playing

2010Dragons

Bench
Last week, against the bronco, they played 71 minutes. Then the defence line speed was slow zig zag and massive gaps on the edges and middle. If these football imposter players continue this crap. I’m sure the sharks will put on a cricket score.
Beau Scott use to be Sowies bodyguard in the defensive line.
looks like Bird is Sullivan bodyguard but Bird is worst then Sullivan in defence.
Sullivan kicking game is good, attack is getting better.
but try line defence he is like the stadium entry turnstile.
everyone goes through.
Bird needs to retire. And bring in JDB to protect Sullivan.

kit66

Bench
Tough game this one and if Hynes plays we might be disappointed come Sunday bed time.
In January I tipped Cronulla to go all the way this season, great forward pack, big skillful backs and Nicho Hynes tearing oppositions apart. They were terrible round 1 but steadied the ship a little, at least improving their possession and defence stats and last week in a loss 12 of their players ran over 100 mtrs plus a 13th on 96 mtrs but as Canberra showed the only stat that matters is the score after 80 minutes.
Having said that, it should be noted that Canberra are the Sharkies bogie team having won their last 9 games against them (used to be us).
We'll have our work cut out for us, it'll take more blood, sweat and tears but my biggest concern is the boys backing up after last week's epic in Brisbane, that must have taken quite a toll on their bodies. I guess we just run at Hynes and Moylan all night and boot long to turn their big fellas around as much as possible. Need Liddle to start.

Dragons by 2

jodragon40

Juniors
Last week, against the bronco, they played 71 minutes. Then the defence line speed was slow zig zag and massive gaps on the edges and middle. If these football imposter players continue this crap. I’m sure the sharks will put on a cricket score.
Beau Scott use to be Sowies bodyguard in the defensive line.
looks like Bird is Sullivan bodyguard but Bird is worst then Sullivan in defence.
Sullivan kicking game is good, attack is getting better.
but try line defence he is like the stadium entry turnstile.
everyone goes through.
Bird needs to retire. And bring in JDB to protect Sullivan.
Agree, hopefully JDB will be back next week. That was a master coach move by Bennett to protect Sowie after he was infamously used as a speed hump by Mitchell I believe the previous season. Sadly our current coach is no mastercoach

jodragon40

Juniors
Tough game this one and if Hynes plays we might be disappointed come Sunday bed time.
In January I tipped Cronulla to go all the way this season, great forward pack, big skillful backs and Nicho Hynes tearing oppositions apart. They were terrible round 1 but steadied the ship a little, at least improving their possession and defence stats and last week in a loss 12 of their players ran over 100 mtrs plus a 13th on 96 mtrs but as Canberra showed the only stat that matters is the score after 80 minutes.
Having said that, it should be noted that Canberra are the Sharkies bogie team having won their last 9 games against them (used to be us).
We'll have our work cut out for us, it'll take more blood, sweat and tears but my biggest concern is the boys backing up after last week's epic in Brisbane, that must have taken quite a toll on their bodies. I guess we just run at Hynes and Moylan all night and boot long to turn their big fellas around as much as possible. Need Liddle to start.

Dragons by 2
Trust me I was there they were spent about the 65th minute mark. Hopefully they have had enough time to recover. Once again this battle will be won in the engine room

2010Dragons

Bench
Agree, hopefully JDB will be back next week. That was a master coach move by Bennett to protect Sowie after he was infamously used as a speed hump by Mitchell I believe the previous season. Sadly our current coach is no mastercoach
It was GI who used sowie as a speed hump. But sowie was a tuff player who just got up and continued to play. These days a bump on the head and you are on vacation for 11 days.
in the seventies if you didn’t get whacked on the head you were either a winger or ball boy. The game has gone too soft.
I think we will soon be watch touch footy in a few years time.

DfL

Juniors
I was impressed with Josh Kerr on the weekend and even the weekend prior. On the weekend he ran 148m and 62pcm in 28 mins. The play the ball speed on average was 2.7seconds. Hope the big fella keeps performing and adding some grunt in the forward pack coming of the bench. I was never a big Kerr fan but if he keeps going like that I surely will be.

steerlerbab

Juniors
The only change is Couchman for M Molo from last week. Sharks have bigger forward pack. That means more meters for them - but it also means they will tire towards the end of the game. Dragons must move them around and control the ball to win this game.

jodragon40

Juniors
It was GI who used sowie as a speed hump. But sowie was a tuff player who just got up and continued to play. These days a bump on the head and you are on vacation for 11 days.
in the seventies if you didn’t get whacked on the head you were either a winger or ball boy. The game has gone too soft.
I think we will soon be watch touch footy in a few years time.
Knew it was a fullback. Yep I watched my first game in 1970 at SCG vrs the Rabbits. They were the days great teams tough as nails. Changa V Sims, they had a great pack including the recently passed John Sattler, Ron Coote who was one of the best tacklers I ever saw, John O' Neil, Walters at hooker. 2nd rowers McCarthy and Stevens. Our pack had Barry Beath and our famous half back/ fullback combo Billy Smith and Changa. We won 16 - 8 that day. Nowdays the games gone soft with a zillion interchanges, drs checking head knocks etc. Our coach that day was Jack Gibson. Ahh the memories

possm

Coach
We have to persist with our attacking football, if we dare go back to the same old ways Hynes will tear us apart. This year is not a finals year, its a year we build and get the team ready for 2024.
Fitness, the speed of our defensive line, and an inexperienced fullback are the bones of the Dragon's problems right now.

Once the Bronco's forwards ascended, the Broncos centers easily poured through our backline. Sloan should have been there assisting our backline in plugging those holes.

It was clear to me that our team was gassed and not fit enough to compete over the final 10 minutes of the game.

jodragon40

Juniors
The only change is Couchman for M Molo from last week. Sharks have bigger forward pack. That means more meters for them - but it also means they will tire towards the end of the game. Dragons must move them around and control the ball to win this game.
I thought Molo went better than Murdoch - Masila. He has been a big disappointment to me, MM looked unfit and I'm sure he is playing out of position. Anyway apparently the coach knows best

jodragon40

Juniors
Fitness, the speed of our defensive line, and an inexperienced fullback are the bones of the Dragon's problems right now.

Once the Bronco's forwards ascended, the Broncos centers easily poured through our backline. Sloan should have been there assisting our backline in plugging those holes.

It was clear to me that our team was gassed and not fit enough to compete over the final 10 minutes of the game.
I was there and we were gassed by the 65th. Sloans defensive qualities are not up to 1st grade standard at this time. His positioning was poor missing 3 tackles 1 on 1 leading to tries. Defensively he has a long way to go

justadragon

Bench
I was there and we were gassed by the 65th. Sloans defensive qualities are not up to 1st grade standard at this time. His positioning was poor missing 3 tackles 1 on 1 leading to tries. Defensively he has a long way to go
Unfortunately we are probably a year behind in his development, be it his fault or Hooks fault that is the reality for all our juniors. Plus the fact that coaching in the lower grades especially KOE has been sub standard for a few years.

jodragon40

Juniors
I was impressed with Josh Kerr on the weekend and even the weekend prior. On the weekend he ran 148m and 62pcm in 28 mins. The play the ball speed on average was 2.7seconds. Hope the big fella keeps performing and adding some grunt in the forward pack coming of the bench. I was never a big Kerr fan but if he keeps going like that I surely will be.
Agree finally showing some heart