What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons V Sharks Round 4

possm

Coach
We have lots of problems off the field however, on the field we do not have a real leader/game manager. Hunt is not a leader and often takes the wrong option during a game.

We also need someone to get the players 'up for the game' each week. We seem to be motivated one week and not the next. I'd say our fitness has a lot to do with this, even though we have changed fitness staff now and again, this has been a problem for years now.

The challenge is to keep as many players as is possible at or near the optimum of their ability and their fitness for each game.

I think Bennett is pretty good at this.

It was good to see the dragons “on” and show what is possible against a very well coached side even if they lacked marquee.

Hopefully it can continue.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
We have lots of problems off the field however, on the field we do not have a real leader/game manager. Hunt is not a leader and often takes the wrong option during a game.

We also need someone to get the players 'up for the game' each week. We seem to be motivated one week and not the next. I'd say our fitness has a lot to do with this, even though we have changed fitness staff now and again, this has been a problem for years now.
it’s amazing how fit a team can look when they all believe and are all pulling in the same direction.…mental fitness is the differentiator at this level, I do doubt there’s much difference in physical fitness between the teams these days.

Dragon David

First Grade
it’s amazing how fit a team can look when they all believe and are all pulling in the same direction.…mental fitness is the differentiator at this level, I do doubt there’s much difference in physical fitness between the teams these days.
Agree Lovemedragons. Many games are either lost or won on the mental state of the players and to ensure that the guys have a positive outlook and give it all to win it is up to the coaches and captain to generate this as well as the guys themselves.

I think our guys have more commitment now as a team, so I can see them playing better games - win, lose or draw.

Latest posts