What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Knights

maple_69

Bench
None of the options in play are bad. Smith isn’t going to lose a game against the Knights for us so why not give him the experience. Win now and in a year.

Seems the shocker last week in Cup has prompted a re-shuffle with the kids going into more important roles. Looks likely Lisati is being shaped as our Leniu replacement when he’s ready. Will be interesting to see how he, Smith & Henry fit in when Yeo/Fish/Leota are locked in long term. Cole/Iongi giving a lot of confidence if we do need to cut Luai/Edwards loose not to mention one of Cole/McLean/Jenkins/May covering the loss of Critta.

Girds89

Bench
Said all year before a ball was kicked daeon should be in this team.

He has fg written all over him.

Some kids just go up in class the higher level they play.

Him and McLean are next off the rank for mine.

They are genuine fg players of the future.

Girds89

Bench
My take on all that-

Daoen and McLean I can see being a future pairing for us in fg.. daoen offers something we haven't had in a while and that is a tallish winger. He is very hard to tackle and he's very quick.. McLean might jag a game this year I think.

Jenkins I just don't see it.. so many on here rate him. I think he'll be one of those blokes that's probably to good or a very good cup player bit just not good enough for fg. I think if he was in an avg team he'd just look solid at best.

Iongi is a real star.. probs wasn't his best game but he is a handful.

The peach always cops it on here but boy he was good again.. great in his one performance for us in fg this year and been good all year in nsw cup.

Jack cole was good but man he's run and pass selection was poor.. he hogged it a fair bit..few times if he passed we most likely score.. I know he hasn't played much 5/8 this year so can cut him some slack..had a few nice kicks. Not sure he has past falls tbh yet.

Cogger was Good..will do well when cleary is out. He's just solid but he'll do a job.

Liam Henry just did what he does..

Sommerton was good again

Lindsay performed as you would expect..he is an nrl player now forced to bide his time.

Garner haha. Nsw cup all year for him I think.. in a game where we put on 50 he really didn't do much.. I'd have Sorensen at 2nd row over him any time there's injuries etc.

Geyer was ok.. few good offloads.. a few missed tackles. One in the middle which lead to a try from memory. Work in progress but I think he got through the 80.

Falls was good off the bench. Very dangerous in fact but newie had thrown the towel in by that stage.

Decent performance from the boys.

Iamback

Coach
You want the club to play younger players to get them ready for next year in only round 7 of this year? When we have games to win right now, and another premiership to aim for this year?

The Panthers don’t do that, even Bellamy, Robinson etc don’t do that. They pick the best players to win the next first grade game in front of them. Not players that they may need to win games in a years time.

Our players next in line get their opportunities to play first grade through injury cover and during state of origin etc, like May, Turuva etc. Or until they become better that those they are replacing, like To’o, Luai etc.

Again is a 20-25min stint from a prop going to cost us the game?

As opposed to coming in when we are depleted mid year

Iamback

Coach
Amituani is a funny one, since last year he absolutely brains it every chance he gets in cup then goes back to flegg and doesn’t really stand out.

Not sure how the knights are going in cup but our boys are looking a 1000 times better than last week. Mclean impressing in the centres and cole has made a huge difference in the halves. Iongi besides one mistake which gifted the knights their only try has been very impressive as usual.

He had a few poor weeks and rightfully was dropped. He was Flegg's best last week

Crashtest

Juniors
Again is a 20-25min stint from a prop going to cost us the game?

As opposed to coming in when we are depleted mid year

No, but the Panthers have a high performance culture, not just in first grade but right through all of the grades. Which assists them greatly in their next man up mantra.

When those next in line deserve it, they will get their opportunity. In the meantime, they know they have to be disciplined and work their buts off at training and during games to replace those in front of them.

The self entitled Panther juniors ended when Gould left.

Girds89

Bench
Which is why Cole at centre made no sense
I'm not sure what the strongest team is but daeon is in it for mine.

Iongi
Daeon
Cole
McLean
Jenkins
Falls
Cogger
Henry
Sommerton
Smith
Garner
Smith
Eiso

Peachy
Faimu
Geyer
Lisati

Probs would be the best 1-17 I think atm for this team. If we are injury free that'd be how I'd run it.

I'd give Cole all year at centre and look to progress him in field next year.. he's not going to jump luai who we will most likely resign.. centre is his best shot as a starter.

Iamback

Coach
No, but the Panthers have a high performance culture, not just in first grade but right through all of the grades. Which assists them greatly in their next man up mantra.

When those next in line deserve it, they will get their opportunity. In the meantime, they know they have to be disciplined and work their buts off at training and during games to replace those in front of them.

The self entitled Panther juniors ended when Gould left.

Didn't earn it?

Smith was in the 17 for the Canberra game ahead of Eisenhuth, Last week both had similar numbers from similar minutes.

What has Smith done since Canberra game to move down the pecking order

Iamback

Coach
I'm not sure what the strongest team is but daeon is in it for mine.

Iongi
Daeon
Cole
McLean
Jenkins
Falls
Cogger
Henry
Sommerton
Smith
Garner
Smith
Eiso

Peachy
Faimu
Geyer
Lisati

Probs would be the best 1-17 I think atm for this team. If we are injury free that'd be how I'd run it.

I'd give Cole all year at centre and look to progress him in field next year.. he's not going to jump luai who we will most likely resign.. centre is his best shot as a starter.

If Luai goes down though, Cole is next up he needs more time at 6. It will help him as centre next year

Girds89

Bench
If Luai goes down though, Cole is next up he needs more time at 6. It will help him as centre next year

No if luai goes down cogger will play 5/8..

I'd tend to think Ivan would pick Peachy at 5/8 before Cole..

He's not ready, defensively or in attack.. he needs this full year playing against men in cup

Latest posts