What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Knights

betcats

Referee
Miss the little short kicks Luai used to put in close to the line. He's really put that trick away for some reason, bringing it back could help open up some space on the left.

Also soni overplayed his hand on way too many occasions, I guess that might just be from inexperience

Yep Luai just needs to simplify. If it’s not on outside him Dummy and run(straight) turn it inside and if he gets it on last just try roll it in and stop trying to overcompensate in defence by holding players down.

betcats

Referee
The way the knights were defending was begging for our halves to kick in behind tonight I’m not sure why they wouldn’t do it.

Girds89

Bench
Mate you're just pumping up your favourite player. That's not a problem you're just going way too far with it and being obnoxious and now even creating fake scenarios of brandy playing mind games with the media. There's a reason Edwards was played on the wing and dropped and Critta/Staines given such good deals.
Haha.. ok westy.

Your wrong but whatever floats your boat.

I'm still waiting for the week when brandy gets on and tells nrl 360 or whoever about hassett or iongi or McLean...

Aww wait... he's never done that.

Brandy is a panthers man..if you don't think he's always holding back I genuinely think you are a lost cause.

Edwards is my fav player.

I make no secret about that..

But if he plays shit I'd call him out like I would Nathan or yeo..

He just has maybe had 3 avg games in 3 years.

People wanted a flash fb and we got the hardest working one in the comp.

Anyway.

Just happy for the two points.

You and smug can make whatever excuses you want about how good he is now.

Anyone with half an idea knew what was coming..brandy included.

Ennis and annasta were to big critta fans... brandy never ever bagged Edwards... he just played the silent game...

He knew enough.. just like he knows about hassett... he knows about McLean... he knows about cole..

Why would he tell anyone about that... he's played the media for years.

He plays the penrith tragic without giving away trade secrets.

That's a fact

age.s

First Grade
For all we were atrocious in the first half, we had control over the middle by the end and while the Knights showed more starch than I expected, our stamina is not to be underestimated. The idea that we have "nothing" if teams dont roll over is ludicrous. It was a very tough game of footy and a draw would have been a fair result, but that's not how golden point works.

It would have been an absolute travesty if the Knights had gotten home given the two extremely obvious penalties that should have been blown for the challenges on Clearys field goal attempts. The Hastings one was unbelievable given Cleary missed and the ref quite audibly calls him out of the challenge. We know they referee differently at that stage of the game but you'll never see a more obvious example of it. That said, full credit to the Knights. They'll be very much thereabouts if they maintain that intensity and it's good to see a RL heartland rocking like the stadium was tonight.

Sadly it looks like teams either lift for their biggest game of their lives or completely capitulate vs us atm. Very hard to get a read on us as a result. I think we did well to guts that one our, but that first half (ill) discipline really did wind back the clock.

Pjf04b

Juniors
Did the bunker say that Cleary played for a penalty?, or that it wasn’t a penalty because the field goal was successful?
Either explanation doesn’t make sense. The replay clearly shows the arm contacted him in the neck long after he kicked it. It doesn’t matter what the force was, it was reckless and should have been penalised.

WestyLife

First Grade
I honestly don't know why we're hanging onto two year old conversations. So much changes in the game in such a short time. Loving what Edwards is doing and wouldn't trade him for anyone.

As for the game they really need to work on everything.

5th tackles are bad
Luai is bad(what happened to his world cup form)
Critta has been horrible this year with a few good moments.

betcats

Referee
We only have 1 half who can really kick

Nathan had plenty of chances to roll it in and wouldn’t try it. He came up big in the end, his kicking game overall was great a 40/20 with almost a second and a good bomb that was turned over that but I wouldve like to see him try a few grubbers in that second half. Maybe because we laid on tries with ease the last couple weeks I dunno but it was a scrappy stop start game knights defence rushing and jamming hard and our team energy wise were just flat for a lot of it passes not hitting the mark. Hard middle running and inside balls got us home in the end, all the chances we had to for repeat sets and I think we had 1 in the second half.

Girds89

Bench
Lol yep there’s “I was right I’m so smart” creeping into this forum lately.
Nah mate..

It's just hard work when people blatantly shut down players.

It's nice to see them. Do well.

I'll make this very clear... by no means am I comparing you to others who hammered Edwards...

But you were very quiet about soro doing very good at 2nd row...

World class no... game breaking no... better than garner after barley playing there... well ffs yes.

And you shot me down about him not being worthy of a shot there....

I haven't called you out once for it cause you haven't got here and made excuses...

But when I read crap like the club made plans to keep Staines and critta over Edwards I will bite back cause it isn't true.

It's noT about being right or wrong.

Just calling out the bs

betcats

Referee
Nah mate..

It's just hard work when people blatantly shut down players.

It's nice to see them. Do well.

I'll make this very clear... by no means am I comparing you to others who hammered Edwards...

But you were very quiet about soro doing very good at 2nd row...

World class no... game breaking no... better than garner after barley playing there... well ffs yes.

And you shot me down about him not being worthy of a shot there....

I haven't called you out once for it cause you haven't got here and made excuses...

But when I read crap like the club made plans to keep Staines and critta over Edwards I will bite back cause it isn't true.

It's noT about being right or wrong.

Just calling out the bs

It was a general comment not aimed at anyone, just a general observation.

I said sorro played well after the raiders game. What more do you need.

As for this response be realistic who has shut down Dylan lately he gets nothing but praise from everyone for his efforts.

Fangs

Coach
Win the ones you aren't meant to. All the best sides do. Even at 15-14 I thought we had the game.

Luke had a shocker in the second half. We lacked composure but it seemed to start with him everytime. Cleary excellent kicking tonight. Deserves the 6 million dally m points they will award him.

Newy line speed was ridiculous. Really put us off our game. In another game we probably get more penalties/set restarts

Girds89

Bench
It was a general comment not aimed at anyone, just a general observation.

I said sorro played well after the raiders game. What more do you need.

As for this response be realistic who has shut down Dylan lately he gets nothing but praise from everyone for his efforts.

We tagged each other back and forth about garner and soro...

You told me on here that you watched him play at 2nd row for us and sharkies and he didn't have what it takes