What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V The Donkeys

mxlegend99

Referee
Well nath and Ivan don't think so...

Nath says in the presser that luai acknowledged he touched the ref thinking it was turuva than immediately touches him again to apologise...

What a precious society we live in lol...

I mean ffs touchy had no issues and play on yet panthers fans are turning on luai...

That'll do me..

You can literally read his leaps and see him say sorry twice... haha. Fmd.
Nathan apologised after his spear tackle on Dylan Brown. It was clearly an accident.

But he's charged the same because an apology and being accidental are irrelevant though. The officials can't be touched by players. Luai did so twice. Even if the second time was tobapologise it just made it worse.

Whatever the current punishment is for that. He deserves to cop it. If he gets away with it we will just have to deal with the conspiracy shit about NSW and/or Panthers getting away with stuff. Probably only a fine now. Last player suspended for it was under the rules before they had fines for minor incidents.

But he's clearly guilty of contacting the referee multiple times. And apparently of being blind if he thought that was Turuva.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
How? He plays super hard aggressive footy wherever he plays. He runs hard and Hits hard when he starts But he can do it for longer and more effectively on an edge.

Putting him on the bench is a waste.

You really do get attracted to shiny things.
Doesn't pass well, doesn't run particularly good lines. Everything he does well is enhanced at prop.

And shiny new things? I've been saying he's a better prop for years

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No he won't.. nothing said by touchy on field. Completely innocent thing..

Panthers fans turning on luai.

Wonder what posters would say if that'd been yeo...

Luai does more than most for his community... charity work etc... media loves reporting him as a grub and seems it's brainwashed many I'm here
Nine said after the game. No report made by match officials.

betcats

Referee
Players have been suspended for touching officials Sam thaiday is already out talking about how he got suspended for what Luai did it’s not some made up rule it’s a fact you can get in trouble for minor touches of any of the officials, I don’t see what the big deal is with saying is a good chance at getting something for it. If you don’t agree fair enough maybe he gets nothing but don’t turn it into some big thing because it’s Jarome and you don’t like people saying he could be in trouble.

Girds89

Bench
Nathan apologised after his spear tackle on Dylan Brown. It was clearly an accident.

But he's charged the same because an apology and being accidental are irrelevant though. The officials can't be touched by players. Luai did so twice. Even if the second time was tobapologise it just made it worse.

Whatever the current punishment is for that. He deserves to cop it. If he gets away with it we will just have to deal with the conspiracy shit about NSW and/or Panthers getting away with stuff. Probably only a fine now. Last player suspended for it was under the rules before they had fines for minor incidents.

But he's clearly guilty of contacting the referee multiple times. And apparently of being blind if he thought that was Turuva.

That'll do me..

I've always backed you mx... even after your blocked me for defending Edwards...

Buy your so wrong... nothing made of it do far in the news..

Pretty obvious a clear accident

Girds89

Bench
Players have been suspended for touching officials Sam thaiday is already out talking about how he got suspended for what Luai did it’s not some made up rule it’s a fact you can get in trouble for minor touches of any of the officials, I don’t see what the big deal is with saying is a good chance at getting something for it. If you don’t agree fair enough maybe he gets nothing but don’t turn it into some big thing because it’s Jarome and you don’t like people saying he could be in trouble.

Sam thaiday is a qlder.... 1 week before the teams are selected. Like clockwork hahha..

Fmd

Nothing on the matty johns show... stuff all in the media...

It's actually a really really really sad day when panthers flog posters are making more of something than the paul Kent's of the world..

Girds89

Bench
If the touchy had come out and said no apology
... deliberate etc... I'm all for any ban....

Bit the nrl has literally made no complaint lol

betcats

Referee
Sam thaiday is a qlder.... 1 week before the teams are selected. Like clockwork hahha..

Fmd

Nothing on the matty johns show... stuff all in the media...

It's actually a really really really sad day when panthers flog posters are making more of something than the paul Kent's of the world..

Mate almost every media outlet that covers the game has something on it, fox, nine, news.com, courier mail even the bloody age and more.

Thaiday being a qlder doesn’t mean he wasn’t suspended for touching a Ref.

If Jarome gets nothing I’ll be glad I was wrong I don’t want him to get in trouble for it, it was clearly a mistake but I still think there’s a good chance he gets something.

age.s

First Grade
Re Martin, I don’t see why the edge vs middle debate has to be so all or nothing.

Atm, with Fish flat and Leniu out, having our best forward shoring up that area makes sense. We saw what happens when we lose the middle in Bathurst. His flexibility is also hugely advantageous given were going to be in the market for one or two forwards for next year, meaning we can look for either a middle or an edge.

I thought he was outstanding tonight. He clearly has the temperament, technique and engine to be an elite middle and he is already an elite edge. It's an amazing development for the club and we should be celebrating it rather than arguing the percentages on where he's marginally better suited.

age.s

First Grade
On the game, I thought we were great. Brisbane kept the scoreline close with some dogged defense but we ran with purpose and energy throughout and would have put 40 odd on most other teams tonight.

Most gratifying was how we strangled the life out of them. Gave them very little position and ball. That's been the defining characteristic of this incredible period and watching us do it to an alleged competition heavyweight bodes very well for the big games we're going to be featuring in again this year.

mxlegend99

Referee
That'll do me..

I've always backed you mx... even after your blocked me for defending Edwards...

Buy your so wrong... nothing made of it do far in the news..

Pretty obvious a clear accident
You're wrong. Worse you're accusing others of being wrong for not being one eyed.

The news is all over Facebook. Its in FoxSports page. People are blowing up about it on Facebook too. Which us why I hope he cops a punishment for it.

It was also being spoken about after the game by the panel. It was news immediately. I missed it during the game and jnow it happened about it because it was being made into a big deal by the media

Thaiday was suspended for less. We had Sam Mckendry suspended for less. Punishment could be different now. Possibly just a fine.

But whatever the punishment is. Luai should cop it. Because it's clear as day he made contact with the referee multiple times. I never said it wasn't an accident. Just that he's guilty.. which is a fact.

Screenshot_2023-05-18-23-51-18-96_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Edit
An article mentioning it from foxsports site:

Last edited:
I just got home from the match

A few things needs to be said.

The behaviour of two Penrith supporters appalled me. They threatened violence against each other. He swore a lot cusary and vulgar actions.

Children attend these games. One supporter, wearing our gear, kept on calling Reece Walsh, in particular, a pussy, and other words that I will not repeat.

As a result of this man's behaviour, a physical altercation almost resulted, next to me. Fortunately, both men were given a stern talking too.

A man, also wearing our colours, was stimulating a sex act. Both of these actions were not appropriate and that were offensive.

I drove, never again. Parking was problematic, and so was getting a cab.

I loved the entertainment, the views, and the entertainment. I particularly enjoyed hearing the Broncos supporters whinging about their perceived bias. I was asked how much bribery money was paid. I replied a lot.

Overall I had a great time.

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
You're wrong. Worse you're accusing others of being wrong for not being one eyed.

The news is all over Facebook. Its in FoxSports page. People are blowing up about it on Facebook too. Which us why I hope he cops a punishment for it.

It was also being spoken about after the game by the panel. It was news immediately. I missed it during the game and jnow it happened about it because it was being made into a big deal by the media

Thaiday was suspended for less. We had Sam Mckendry suspended for less. Punishment could be different now. Possibly just a fine.

But whatever the punishment is. Luai should cop it. Because it's clear as day he made contact with the referee multiple times. I never said it wasn't an accident. Just that he's guilty.. which is a fact.

View attachment 74394

Edit
An article mentioning it from foxsports site:

Read the article..

If that isn't the definitive if headline to get a like or view I'll give it up....

The whole article is on everything else lol....

You're trying to argue people are making a point out of it but legit no one is....

Just a few luai haters....

I mean ffs Parker was on the sideline team tonight and nothing from him...

Again... it's so so sad when panthers when turn something into what it's not...

I'll say again... the touchy acknowledged the push... soooo he knows it happened..... yet nothing was done post game by the nrl...

Seriously...case closed lol

Girds89

Bench
Grew up with family members that were hard of hearing... telling people now that luai apologises immediately after touching the touchy... and the second reach out to grab him again was a second apology...

Look forward to front on cameras no doubt released this week confirmed this..

All accidentals hence why nothing's happened...

Luai haters need to get a grip.

MugaB

Coach
Soro in the 2nd row again was brilliant...

Many doubters on here but he's just growing into that role.

Everyone's loving hosking but hosking doesn't have an offload... soro is just so threatening... no kiks levels but for 1/3rd the coin he's brilliant... as I knew he would be
Ive been championing sorro to get that spot, even before garner had his first game with us, his athleticism and steamroller runs are evident that he needs to be on luais hip, its what was lacking on that edge, garner maybe a hole runner, but we dont need that, we need a line breaker there, plus sorro has a pretty good offload in him, having hosking on one edge, and Martin up the middle, pair that with lindsay smith or more importantly Spenser Leniu, our fwd pack is oozing strength,
Imagine we make the GF this year...
Edwards.
May.
Tago.
Critta.
To'O.
Luai.
Cleary.
Leota.
Kenny.
Fish.
Sorro.