What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R12 Fri - St Geo Illa 24-22 Sydney @ Netstrata Jubilee / Bidjigal

Round 12: St Geo Illa v Sydney

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exsilium

First Grade
Dead set, Robbo may be leading a struggling side but f**k me, bloke has done a great job.

Sure, losing teams will attract criticism but it’s not like the NRL is flush with coaches on his level.

Success is difficult to achieve, let alone sustain.

Valheru

Coach
Dead set, Robbo may be leading a struggling side but f**k me, bloke has done a great job.

Sure, losing teams will attract criticism but it’s not like the NRL is flush with coaches on his level.

Success is difficult to achieve, let alone sustain.

I'm of the opinion that he has enough credits in the bank as a 3 time premiership coach to survive a season like this... that is wildly controversial to some apparently.

Exsilium

First Grade
I'm of the opinion that he has enough credits in the bank as a 3 time premiership coach to survive a season like this... that is wildly controversial to some apparently.

There are a million managers out there, very few are leaders. You can’t be both and ultimately, success always comes a cost. Leaders find a way and managers only know what to do with what they have.

Doesn’t matter if it’s football or any other business.

Short sighted stuff really.

mxlegend99

Referee
Oh you don't rate him

So it would be better for the rest of the comp if he is retained then?
Well the comps he has won are off the back of signing the best players in their positions.

Jennings, SBW and Maloney sign on to win him a comp.
Cronk and Tedesco join to win back to back comps and Crichton is added also.

He's not a bad coach. He';s a decent coach for sure. But he's also operating with a huge advantage over most other coaches. Roosters can add big names to strong rosters and basically buy a competitive side.

Next year adding Dom Young and Spencer Leniu ontop of having signed Brandon Smith this year. Other clubs can only make signings like that by doing complete rebuilds and throwing insane overs at players and tend to stuff their salary cap up in the process.

Apey

Staff member
Oh you don't rate him

So it would be better for the rest of the comp if he is retained then?
I think you guys have always overrated him. Behind Bennett and Bellamy for me, even Cleary has a case now. But 3rd/4th best coach isn't bad, he's clearly an above average coach.

He's easily still safe for now but something is seriously wrong at the moment at the Roosters.

flippikat

Bench
Looks like this season may be the tipping point where the Roosters & Storm start sliding well back to the pack?