What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R27 Sat - St Geo Illa 12-32 Newcastle @ Netstrata Jubilee

Round 27: St Geo Illa v Newcastle

• St George Illawarra Dragons

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 27
St George Illawarra Dragons v Newcastle Knights
Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Carlton / Bidjigal, Carlton (TICKETS)
Saturday 2 September 2023

NRL kickoff 7:35pm
Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League, Kayo Sports.

SGI2022TEAM.png

1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Connor Muhleisen 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Billy Burns 12. Dan Russell 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Michael Molo 16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 17. Ryan Couchman 18. Toby Couchman 19. Jayden Sullivan 20. Alexander Lobb 21. Jaiyden Hunt 22. Viliami Fifita

Out: Sione Finau (wing), Zane Musgrove (bench)
In: Mathew Feagai (wing), Jack De Belin (lock)
Changes: Michael Molo (lock to bench)

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Lachlan Miller 2. Dominic Young 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Adam Clune 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Fa'amanu Brown 10. Leo Thompson 11. Dylan Lucas 12. Brodie Jones 13. Adam Elliott 14. Riley Jones 15. Daniel Saifiti 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Jack Johns 19. Oryn Keeley 20. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 21. Jackson Hastings 22. David Armstrong

Out: Kalyn Ponga (fullback), Dane Gagai (centre), Phoenix Crossland (hooker), Tyson Frizell (second row)
In: Lachlan Miller (fullback), Enari Tuala (centre), Brodie Jones (second row), Riley Jones (bench)
Changes: Fa'amanu Brown (bench to hooker)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referees: Ben Cummins;Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Daniel Schwass;Video Referees: Matt Noyen

State Leagues
NSW Cup Finals Week 1 - click here

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
The final Dragons gameday thread of the season will probably be a sad occasion for LU and be worthy of a Nable promo featuring a montage of Hook and Carr reactions to #dragonsfooty and screenshots of Dragons fans posts on social media.

On a sidenote: If I ever find the bunker, I'm going to bring in an opened can of Surströmming and hide it where the merkins will never find it, then piss all over the touch points. Lastly I'll leave a jar of vaso mixed with itchy powder on the bench.

Knights to rest half a dozen players, so Lolmax will treat this game as his audition for Blues camp 2024 knowing Freddy will be keeping a close eye on his undeniable excellence. I mean you don't get to appear on the Matty Johns Show unless you are awesome. Dragons by 8.

Victoire

Juniors
Knights to rest half a dozen players, so Lolmax will treat this game as his audition for Blues camp 2024 knowing Freddy will be keeping a close eye on his undeniable excellence. I mean you don't get to appear on the Matty Johns Show unless you are awesome. Dragons by 8.
In 2022 this is good banter, but since Griffin was sacked Lomax has actually been playing proper footy.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
The final Dragons gameday thread of the season will probably be a sad occasion for LU and be worthy of a Nable promo featuring a montage of Hook and Carr reactions to #dragonsfooty and screenshots of Dragons fans posts on social media.

On a sidenote: If I ever find the bunker, I'm going to bring in an opened can of Surströmming and hide it where the merkins will never find it, then piss all over the touch points. Lastly I'll leave a jar of vaso mixed with itchy powder on the bench.

the suffering will end, and now we can laugh at other teams getting knocked out of the finals

Valheru

Coach
Don't care who else they are resting, with Ponga out, Knights come way back to the pack.

Dragons performances have improved over the last 6 weeks and they will get a win here to finish the season.

Apey

Staff member
I reckon we can still win this. Our defence should still be solid, it will be whether we can create any points or not.

Woody90

Juniors
Don't care who else they are resting, with Ponga out, Knights come way back to the pack.

Dragons performances have improved over the last 6 weeks and they will get a win here to finish the season.

Knights won quite a few to start the year without Ponga, also took full strength Penrith to golden point. Ponga definitely helps the side, but it’s not terrible without him.

But yeah, with all the other outs as well it will be tough. Dragons are our bogey team too. I think we can still win, but won’t be as convincing as it has been.

JamesRustle

First Grade
I reckon we can still win this. Our defence should still be solid, it will be whether we can create any points or not.
Chortle... just run plays at Feagai/Suli. If that doesn't work then Rava generally leaves space on the outside. All else fails, we're susceptible to an easy one from dummy half when "defending" our tryline.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Multi time lol

Hunt any time
Best any time
Marzew any time
Sloane any time

Give me strength

Latest posts