What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pneuma

First Grade
Wonder why. Plenty of posts on the SportsIndustry site about f-ball`s record breaking crowds though.
Any about the hawthorn scandal, the reprehensible cover up and Gill expressing sympathy for the alleged perpetrators who miraculously have no adverse findings against them? What a dirty corrupt organisation the fumblers are.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I think having the NRL rights in Aus could save them here, as they would probably bring in 2m + subs plus advertising for the FTA games/Origin and so called halo effect leading to more viewers on other shows. If the company fold due to USA market share then that will be a dagger for us and leave only 9/Stan as serious contenders.
You could well say the same thing about Nine and Stan.
Having the whole of League`s broadcast rights is a completely different story as compared to just having FTA. The numbers that League gets combined could be a game changer for that network. Especially if we start to go genuinely national, Nine would then really have skin in the game and we may see the promotion we deserve, like what they like to give f-ball.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Any about the hawthorn scandal, the reprehensible cover up and Gill expressing sympathy for the alleged perpetrators who miraculously have no adverse findings against them? What a dirty corrupt organisation the fumblers are.
Just as bad I reckon is the shoddy way they are treating the women. Colingwod cuts its` netball team despite its` supposed wealth and the fumbleball-w doesn`t even know - with only weeks before kick-off - how long their season is or where it will be played. Unbelievable, this should be causing an outrage.

Wb1234

Referee
You could well say the same thing about Nine and Stan.
Having the whole of League`s broadcast rights is a completely different story as compared to just having FTA. The numbers that League gets combined could be a game changer for that network. Especially if we start to go genuinely national, Nine would then really have skin in the game and we may see the promotion we deserve, like what they like to give f-ball.
Fox is averaging pretty much the same as nein do

9 high rating games a week

plus if nein got them they wouldn’t have to compete with fox any more in terms of quality of broadcast

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
plus if nein got them they wouldn’t have to compete with fox any more in terms of quality of broadcast
But if they did spend a motza and took the " whole of rights" which is what I think Sneesby called them, off Foxtel then you`d like think they might really start to give game get the coverage it deserves and what they will have paid big-time for.
Personally, I reckon Nine really should be looking at Origin style coverage (or very close to it) of the weekly NRL. It`s what the game deserves and could really take us to next level at club level and of course they`d benefit as well.
Like Uncle Nic said, and he`s no fool, NRL has the potential to be the dominant sport in Oz.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
The thing with Nine/Stan is if they got the whole of rights and paid handsomely for it, then they`d really have to get their act together if they are going to broaden the appeal of the game. We might finally start to see them rather than just concentrating on lowest common denominator stuff actually adding a bit of class to the coverage, not all of course because a lot of League`s fan base is from fairly low socio-economic demographics, but enough to broaden its` appeal.
The ABC radio showed for years with Dave Morrow, Warren Ryan, Brian Smith Craig Hamilton, Daniel Anderson et.al. that you can have an intelligent coverage of League (christ they used to do 8 hours on the weekends).

Wb1234

Referee
But if they did spend a motza and took the " whole of rights" which is what I think Sneesby called them, off Foxtel then you`d like think they might really start to give game get the coverage it deserves and what they will have paid big-time for.
Personally, I reckon Nine really should be looking at Origin style coverage (or very close to it) of the weekly NRL. It`s what the game deserves and could really take us to next level at club level and of course they`d benefit as well.
Like Uncle Nic said, and he`s no fool, NRL has the potential to be the dominant sport in Oz.
I don’t think nine can make their coverage as good as foxtel

it’s going to suck tonight having to listen to them for the first time this year

Wb1234

Referee
Seriously mate, you want to try listening to them three times a week.
Hell no lmao

they need to resurrect Kerry packer to fix up their coverage

rabs hung around too long but for a long time he was the premier caller with sterlo as number two

then they sacked vossy cause he made a joke about the rabs statue

warren smith is imo the best but most of the fox commentators add value to the call

I really hope they don’t try and interview the coaches during the game tonight

Steel Saints

Juniors
Hell no lmao

they need to resurrect Kerry packer to fix up their coverage

rabs hung around too long but for a long time he was the premier caller with sterlo as number two

then they sacked vossy cause he made a joke about the rabs statue

warren smith is imo the best but most of the fox commentators add value to the call

I really hope they don’t try and interview the coaches during the game tonight

I don't think Warren Smith has gone to the next level to become the game's premier commentator. IMO, Smith has been in the comfort zone at Fox for too long. He has stood still. He hasn't improved.

Matua

Bench
Fox is averaging pretty much the same as nein do

9 high rating games a week

Eek, wouldn't want Stan to drop their quality back down to the garbage levels of Kayo.

The_Wookie

Bench
Wonder why. Plenty of posts on the SportsIndustry site about f-ball`s record breaking crowds though.

You can go f**k yourself.

Crowd data is easy, with multiple other reference points including the AFL and NRL sites, Leagueunlimited, Austadiums and AFltables.

Note that I get AFL press releases, the NRL doesnt issue them. I asked.

Hey Wookie,
Any chance we can get year to date totals for both comps? haven’t seen it for a few rounds.

Im tracking a lot of data at the moment, ratings tables are in the process of being updated at the moment across multiple comps to reflect overnight/consolidated, VOZ and VOZ consolidated data in the interest of accuracy.

Ill try and update as soon as I have time. Been very tired and very flat out. Try being in the hotel industry when Origin comes to town in a small city,

Wb1234

Referee

Crowd data is easy, with multiple other reference points including the AFL and NRL sites, Leagueunlimited, Austadiums and AFltables.

Im tracking a lot of data at the moment, ratings tables are in the process of being updated at the moment across multiple comps to reflect overnight/consolidated, VOZ and VOZ consolidated data in the interest of accuracy.

wookie one the penguin nil lmao

Frank Burge

Juniors

I’ll try and update as soon as I have time. Been very tired and very flat out. Try being in the hotel industry when Origin comes to town in a small city,
Appreciate it , hopefully you get to the game , maybe you can get some free tickets thrown your way since the Daily Tele was using your stats a few months ago

Starkers

Bench

Ill try and update as soon as I have time. Been very tired and very flat out. Try being in the hotel industry when Origin comes to town in a small city,
we love all your work wookie - enjoy origin mate.

Iamback

Coach
I think having the NRL rights in Aus could save them here, as they would probably bring in 2m + subs plus advertising for the FTA games/Origin and so called halo effect leading to more viewers on other shows. If the company fold due to USA market share then that will be a dagger for us and leave only 9/Stan as serious contenders.

That is the problem with such a small population limited options in things like TV rights.

CBS side of it won't fold. Paramount though is the issue but they had content share before. So they likely go back to that.

Not sure that positions them to play for NRL though. A League atleast gets flogged to other countries

Iamback

Coach

Cost stops things like that.

I don't watch ch9 not because of the quality but due to already being on Fox for the earlier games.

Many are in the same boat, So not worth it for
Shared broadcasts

Iamback

Coach
Eek, wouldn't want Stan to drop their quality back down to the garbage levels of Kayo.

Kayo is 10000x better than Stan for streaming

Both are 10000000x better than Paramount plus.

There would be need to be huge upgrades in the backend

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kayo is 10000x better than Stan for streaming

Both are 10000000x better than Paramount plus.

There would be need to be huge upgrades in the backend
Surely they'd just bring the CBS streaming system they have for NFL over here? I would imagine that is a quality streaming product? They are in catch 22 at moment, dont have the sports rights to significantly upgrade the Australian system but didn't get AFL due to their poor platform (allegedly paramount/10 offered around $30mill cash a year more than 7/Fox for AFL)

Remember we are talking 2028 for next rights. A lot can happen with technology in 4.5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.