What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors

Stunning figures

do we really want to be a national competition like that which is second best ?
IIRC when the fumbleball got 4.4m recently that was one of the lowest aggregates for a long time. Looks like they outdid themselves with a new low on the weekend 4.295m.
Just shows with that "sport" the fanatics will go to games because everyone else is or for whatever reason, but that same fanaticism doesn`t seem to be extending to the general populace watching at home.

Wb1234

Referee
IIRC when the fumbleball got 4.4m recently that was one of the lowest aggregates for a long time. Looks like they outdid themselves with a new low on the weekend 4.295m.
Just shows with that "sport" the fanatics will go to games because everyone else is or for whatever reason, but that same fanaticism doesn`t seem to be extending to the general populace watching at home.
Fox paying overs for a dud product

many of their games aren’t exclusive and the ratings are awful

all league needs is another bidder for the pay tv rights as the fta isn’t so crucial

the gap between the two is massive.

Diesel

Referee
Fox have a massive problem on their hands if the NRL walk to another streaming service. It’s highly unlikely but the threat is there.
Doesn’t look like the afl states have picked up any great number of subs on PTV/Kayo

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Fox have a massive problem on their hands if the NRL walk to another streaming service. It’s highly unlikely but the threat is there.
Doesn’t look like the afl states have picked up any great number of subs on PTV/Kayo
It really does look like it will come down to whether V`landy`s can walk the walk and demand what we are worth from Foxtel. Got to admit I`m a big fan, but I`m nervous whether he will be able to stand up to his paymasters.

Starkers

Bench
It's not a bad idea, but again relies on Fox Sports having simulcast rights. I don't mind that either, but it might need a Ch10 FTA broadcaster as opposed to Ch9 FTA broadcaster.

But to me the status quo is the best outcome in a situation that's not fair to all, but the competition is inherently unfair anyway.

The Great Dane

First Grade
It really does look like it will come down to whether V`landy`s can walk the walk and demand what we are worth from Foxtel. Got to admit I`m a big fan, but I`m nervous whether he will be able to stand up to his paymasters.
The last bloke to do that got stabbed in the back by the rest of the ARLC and the clubs, then News did everything in their power undermine his legacy and whitewashed him from the history books.

Something tells me that PVL is to much of a self promoter to go the David Smith route.

Frank Burge

Juniors
The last bloke to do that got stabbed in the back by the rest of the ARLC and the clubs, then News did everything in their power undermine his legacy and whitewashed him from the history books.

Something tells me that PVL is to much of a self promoter to go the David Smith route.
Surely after they undercut us with the extension and then paid big for ALF even the self serving clubs can’t defend News next time . Hopefully old Rupert is in his grave by the time negotiations start, though it would be great if he carked it on the back of us signing with Stan or Paramount!

Wb1234

Referee

Smith was a genius

cancelling Monday night football and giving nein a sat night game to kill fox exclusive super Saturday we’re brilliant

even better nein sold back that game to fox and got a huge reduction because they had to agree to stream games with fox

if only he was around now to mess it all up again

Vibing

Juniors
Far too much scrutiny on PVL to get the game the money it deserves ... finally ! for him to get it wrong again.

we go onto the market & put the most watched sport in the nation ( by some way) up to tender
9 games & everything else

should be worth 600 mill PA for Australian Broadcasters
& the Kiwis will tip in 50 mill

Status
Not open for further replies.