What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Coffs dragon

Bench

Young is favourite you have to be kidding me they couldn’t be that f**king stupid. Unfortunately they could.
Dean Young would be my 1st choice to not be HC at the Dragons. He’s Mary Mach.2

BLM01

First Grade
Why the f**k are they still talking to Young… either they know who they want or they don’t…don’t tell me we’re going down the track of making them compete against each other… Young would be a disaster… these guys never learn!!
For AC and to work along side for future takeover
You see the west tigers, dolphins,Souths model and now Melb is the way of the future or so the black sheep believe
Boy I would like a club snd a coach to be truly innovative and try and do what’s is best for the club snd team

Mojo

Bench
To be a supporter of the club is one thing however, as a player, it must be gut wrenching to see the club's demise and feel so sorry as you represented our great club in the Red V.

BTW, thanks for the memories as they can never be taken away from us supports which can't be put in words.

I hope you don't give it away. Think of all the great times you had with the team and club and we will rise again.
I really should clarify: I was never a graded player. I just grew up playing footy pretty much daily in junior teams that wore red and white (which is genuinely what I meant). I had some mates who made grade and couldn’t believe how tough it was. I gave it away when a bearded dude who’s nickname was ‘The Savage’ in the U16’s picked me up, twirled me around a few times in the air and literally threw me into the ground. When the dust cloud cleared I played the ball. We did win the GF that year though.

Sphagnum

Coach
Saints fans must be delighted at how the club is handling the coaching issue with such professionalism

giphy.gif

TSP you must be a closet Dragon! Otherwise why do you care?

You’re a mad but likeable crew!

I also find this topic is also pretty interesting.

I’ve got Dragon fans connections and work with an ex junior. He’s only 26, he can barely remember the old saints days, but he blames the Illawarra side for all of the clubs misfortunes. Like he’s inherited his bias genetically lol.

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
You’re a mad but likeable crew!

I also find this topic is also pretty interesting.

I’ve got Dragon fans connections and work with an ex junior. He’s only 26, he can barely remember the old saints days, but he blames the Illawarra side for all of the clubs misfortunes. Like he’s inherited it genetically lol.
It IS a genetic inheritance. That’s what 99% of Saint‘s supporters, and almost nobody else, understand.

thebigredv

First Grade
Dean Young would be my 1st choice to not be HC at the Dragons. He’s Mary Mach.2

Dean Young played with incredible passion for the club. We must give him that. I realise that does not equate to being a successful and experienced coach but he has more passion for St George than Ryles and FItzgibbon have in their entire bodies combined. For now though, he needs to learn the craft.

Flannagan to me is a desperate man looking for a gig who didn't appear to do much as recruitment head in that short time, and who knows his impact as assistant coach - can't have been that good. Not necessarily indicators of success though as a HC. I think he will be able to attract players and create a buzz that might equate to more positive results. Needs to be given full reign. I can't see him sitting back and accepting sub-par performances. For the benefit of getting on with 2024 we need him signed up now.

Maddragon99

Juniors
The Red V podcast discussed this at length this week, I wasn’t aware how involved Flanno was in the Pathways at Cronulla they won some lower grades in ‘15 prior to their premiership in ‘16.

I was in favour of Flanno before but now I see him as the only viable candidate.

The club front office really needs to get this done ASAP so everyone can move on. I suspect Hunt might get shopped around so that money can be invested in our forward pack where we need it most.

Mojo

Bench
I understand it, but I don’t know what it is like to go through it.

The New Coach will need to be taken aside in a quiet room and have it explained to him.
It’s similar to being of Irish heritage: it’s ‘different’, it’s intangible, there’s no denying it, generally a source of pride and sometimes, for extended periods of time, can be embarrassing - which induces angry outbursts and heavy drinking.

getsmarty

Immortal
They say we are sick of how long it has taken for a decision. I’m sick of all these bs journos stories.

For me, I voted for a premiership winner as coach. So, Des or Flanno. Outside of that we need someone to bring something special, Cheika is potentially that.

Field of 3 fellas. If Des isn’t talking to us signup Flanno and back him.

Exactly this...

getsmarty

Immortal
The Red V podcast discussed this at length this week, I wasn’t aware how involved Flanno was in the Pathways at Cronulla they won some lower grades in ‘15 prior to their premiership in ‘16.

I was in favour of Flanno before but now I see him as the only viable candidate.

The club front office really needs to get this done ASAP so everyone can move on. I suspect Hunt might get shopped around so that money can be invested in our forward pack where we need it most.

Agree.

Latest posts