What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Gareth67

First Grade
After Debellin, Packer, Amone, Norman and a board willing to sign Folou & Hayne , why would we f**k up getting by far the best coaching candidate by applying these “ standards “ now ? Flanagan has done his time & paid for his mistakes so not willing to appoint someone who has a vision in moving forward and looking for a second chance ?
Hit the nail squarely on the head Dennis , well said . The Dragons have had their own ‘ Rouge’s Gallery ‘ over the years . We are a team of footballers , not a team of angels.

Flanagan has done his time , has taken the punishment without whinging about it and is now eligible to coach once again . He has all the necessary requisites required to move the Dragons in the right direction - hell the man even has a plan !

Either sign him on as coach or as the new chairman of the Dragon board , anyone with a vision for the future is as scarce as hen’s teeth in our hierarchy . 😳

Last edited:
Hit the nail squarely on the head Dennis , well said . The Dragons have had their own ‘ Rouge’s Gallery ‘ over the years . We are a team of footballers , not a team of angels.

Flanagan has done his time , has taken the punishment without whinging about it and is now eligible to coach once again . He has all the necessary requisites required to move the Dragons in the right direction - hell the man even has a plan !

Either sign him on as coach or as the new chairman of the Dragon board , anyone with a vision for the future is as scarce as hen’s teeth in our hierarchy . 😳

You’ve gotta get rid of all of these slimy corporate robber barons on your board and replace them with real footy folk.

As for the west tigers board, our only solution is to drive a wooden stake through their hearts when they asleep during daylight hours.

Last edited:
He is our best player...I think it is good the players are speaking up...The board needs a wake up call...players want to know what the future holds...

I most respectfully disagree.

He’s not being paid to make comment on senior appointments of high and crucial importance.

He’s to focus on his job and the side.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Carr would have appreciated it.

Players will ensure their future by performing. He shouldn’t get bogged down in club politics.

Under my chairpersonship, he would be stood down until he learns some manners.

I remember the allied players union under Mary. It was too much.

Just my view.

Mojo

Bench
There’s nothing in the article that directly quotes Ben Hunt. It’s one guy blurting an opinion, which has been gossiped around the traps for ages, and the rest of them blurting their unsubstantiated opinions. Hunt is entitled to his own thoughts but these boors trying to one-up each other about what he might or might not be thinking is not a reasonable basis to criticise him.

getsmarty

Immortal

He’s not being paid to make comment on senior appointments of high and crucial importance.

Players will ensure their future by performing. He shouldn’t get bogged down in club politics.

Just my view.

@The Silverdale Phantom ...Good points...

BUT...our board should have sorted this months ago...

Sua and hunt both want to sort out their future.... I am happy they are putting pressure on the board...because the board doesn't care about the fans...

If hunt moves on, so be it... we also have gould allegedly stirring the pot...

Wanted sullivan... club needs to move quickly and resolve the situation...

Personally I hope the NRL steps in...ala the tigers situation years ago...

My fear is our board will sign a rookie coach...when in reality the entire coaching Structure...Recruitment/GM/Coach needs to be looked at...

SAP58

Juniors
He should shut up and focus on his own game.

I hate it when players stray out of their lane.

Even the ball boys were issuing press releases trying to rescue Mary.
The players should be banned from talking to the press until the new coach is appointed they think they can represent the club well but they are not experienced at answering or not answering the leading questions. Just play football & leave the rest to those who get paid to answer those questions.

Illusion

Bench
The players should be banned from talking to the press until the new coach is appointed they think they can represent the club well but they are not experienced at answering or not answering the leading questions. Just play football & leave the rest to those who get paid to answer those questions.
The problem is the ones that are getting paid to do that ain't ........

Newcomerfan01

Juniors

Just my view.
I cant read the whole article so dont know where he may or may not have been ill mannered - but i have to respectfully disagree here - Hunt and Sua are our most consistent players. Do you think Sua would have signed had he known this would be the case a year later. If he wasnt trying his guts out every week id say "be quiet" but he is. Unrest and unanswered questions will ultimately affect a player's mindset also - therefore potentially affecting performance. I know many take who is coaching into consideration when they sign. He is different to Hunt in he is still establishing himself as a top forward of the game and i dont know if signing with the Dragons has helped him one bit - so i understand he would be frustrated.

getsmarty

Immortal
I cant read the whole article so dont know where he may or may not have been ill mannered - but i have to respectfully disagree here - Hunt and Sua are our most consistent players. Do you think Sua would have signed had he known this would be the case a year later. If he wasnt trying his guts out every week id say "be quiet" but he is. Unrest and unanswered questions will ultimately affect a player's mindset also - therefore potentially affecting performance. I know many take who is coaching into consideration when they sign. He is different to Hunt in he is still establishing himself as a top forward of the game and i dont know if signing with the Dragons has helped him one bit - so i understand he would be frustrated.

Well Stated @Newcomerfan01:

Newcomerfan01

Juniors
You do know they are contracted and obliged to speak to the media? They roster them and they players have to take part.

I agree.

@getsmarty is simply voicing his frustration, the premise being the board are not moving fast enough and he’s concerned about losing players ..and he’d mentioned earlier that recruitment was in the hole for the moment.

There’s some foundation for these concerns, but having contracted players join into the discussion publically?

Its very unprofessional.

It’s a public slap across the chops for the board, who are in effect his bosses.

I wouldn’t criticise my bosses publicaly.

I argue with them privately, but it stays behind closed doors. It’s not good for customers. It’s not good for other staff.

And definitely not helpful with sponsors.

Latest posts