What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Thread v St George Illawarra at Fortress Commbank - Sunday 6th August 2pm.

Incorrect

Coach
@Poupou Escobar

Something happened with your quoting there, but I got the gist of the waffle....

I'm sure Nathan and Ivan Cleary are cut up about being "dominated" at Origin level by DCE, all the while building a club premiership dynasty the way they are.

NSW reps barely care for Origin apart from the pay cheque... Club footy is where it's at.

I'll never forget Mal Meninga's quote after winning the 89 GF - "this beats playing for QLD, beats playing for Australia"...

Origin is popcorn. So too anything else outside winning a GF.... But yeah, Cleary is just Robson MKII

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In that case, why did bushy swap him in the second half? Should've left him where he was.
Because they were targeting our left side and AMS was hesitant about how to cope with the overlap. You seem to forget Drown and Gutherson also missed Ravalawa in cover. The problem was he was getting the ball in space because AMS was too hesitant landing on Lomax.
So was bushy wrong for swapping him in the second half, or was bushy wrong for putting an inexperienced kid against ravawala in the first place???

Which one is it??
He was right for adjusting the plan in response to the flow of the game. AMS attempted more tackles in the second half than the first ffs, so Ravalawa had nothing to do with it. It wasn't him against AMS, it was their right side against our left side. All our left side defenders were poor and you're blaming the rookie? Constant two-on-ones weren't good for his confidence, so he was moved.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
7 years ago I told everyone Penrith are about to build a dynasty. Everyone seemed to laugh. Who's laughing now?
No you said the Dogs would win the comp in 2017:
Dogs have signed him guys, sorry to say. But they have the cash. Look for foran to sign also for under 500k. Hoppa is on 125k there :grin:
You can not compete with money under table.Parra tried and now we are paying.
Dogs will win comp 2017
You were right about money under the table though. A few Keno TPAs out Penrith way.

Kilkenny

Coach
No you said the Dogs would win the comp in 2017:

You were right about money under the table though. A few Keno TPAs out Penrith way.
Suggestions we are not cap compliant is disingenuous .

Its really disrespectful mate.

We have shed high quality players, marque players each season this past couple of seasons.

Im not sure any other successful side has endured such salary cap pain enforced as we have.

Leaving aside the marque players just the fringe players from which the Eels have benefitted in Hopgood.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
@Poupou Escobar

Something happened with your quoting there, but I got the gist of the waffle....

I'm sure Nathan and Ivan Cleary are cut up about being "dominated" at Origin level by DCE, all the while building a club premiership dynasty the way they are.

NSW reps barely care for Origin apart from the pay cheque... Club footy is where it's at.

I'll never forget Mal Meninga's quote after winning the 89 GF - "this beats playing for QLD, beats playing for Australia"...

Origin is popcorn. So too anything else outside winning a GF.... But yeah, Cleary is just Robson MKII
The point is it's a team game. Luke Keary has won three premierships ffs. Does that mean he's better than Cleary or just played in better teams?

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Because they were targeting our left side and AMS was hesitant about how to cope with the overlap. You seem to forget Drown and Gutherson also missed Ravalawa in cover. The problem was he was getting the ball in space because AMS was too hesitant landing on Lomax.

He was right for adjusting the plan in response to the flow of the game. AMS attempted more tackles in the second half than the first ffs, so Ravalawa had nothing to do with it. It wasn't him against AMS, it was their right side against our left side. All our left side defenders were poor and you're blaming the rookie? Constant two-on-ones weren't good for his confidence, so he was moved.
So you admit bushy f**ked up. Thanks

eels_fan

First Grade
Our inability to have a big win today to improve our F&A now means our only chance of top 8 is 2 wins in the next 3 weeks. 1 win and we’ll miss out on F&A.

tbh I think we probably have a better chance against Penrith. 6 day turn around for us (only 5 for them from an interstate trip) and we should be full strength apart from Lane. They may have the minors tied up too by then.

Latest posts