What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
This is a rumours and signings thread, and while its great to resign our own, im waiting for NEW players , or do we have to wait until we are at the tigers standard before we recruit

Runrabbit14

Juniors
I think we need to let the Reynolds stuff go. He could have stayed on, it went both ways.

I think this season is pretty much done, unless we get superrrrr lucky and pull together as a team and do it the ultra hard way, but something happened after magic round and our boys dropped the ball big time, we have the talent there that’s for sure, but we aren’t playing to our potential. We have beaten the top sides. Let’s just hope we have a major change in attitude over the next few rounds.
The disastrous last 12 weeks has outdone the Broncos capitulation at the end of last season !
If anything, our calamity if far worse with our roster and at one stage being equal premiership favourites.
Rusty must be shaking his head with how it all went soooo pear shaped.
If still hold hope that something will light a fire under the team over the next couple of weeks or there will be a major “investigation” at the end of the season !

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
This season is fast turning into a nightmare , something is wrong it’s hard to put a finger on it, but there is a problem. This could lead back to the coach, I HATE bagging the coach but they have the responsibility to get the team up. Sadly this has not been the case in many games. LATRELL - a great player but he’s not fit , plus a very good front runner but nothing special when we are behind, he’s carrying a couple of rolls around his belly, and when your not fit injuries happen, for the amount of money we pay him he needs to be fitter. WIGHTON a great signing because he brings smarts to the team and there has been some dumbass plays this season. MURRAY can’t do it all himself although he tries to.DEFENCE - pathetic, not tough enough bad tackling technique as some forwards and yes you TOM BURGESS try to fly through the air like super man but not quick enough to catch the player, CHEEKAM, must be a coaches favourite , but he has no impact as a player and his defence is average. DANIEL SELUKA FIFTA why the f has he not been picked on the bench has bent the line every time he has played made 199 metres in reserve grade last week. ILIAS as much as I want the young bloke to succeed , he’s not improving nor does he show the special qualities needed in a premiership winning team. CODY WALKER brilliant on his day but walkabout to many matches and lacks consistency. TALLIS DUNCAN what the F he’s not a permanent in the team, and COACH this is your fault.HOST very disappointing and defence is terrible.MUNRO I think will be good he’s young and has shown some of his potential. TASS GOOD at times but suspect in defence.SELES AND TAAFE AND CARTRIGHT - adios , Seles to many injuries, Taafe not a fullback and Cartwright hopeless, will not miss them.WHY HAS MURRAY not been in the interview room with the coach? GRAHAM great but letting some errors spoil his year, JOHNSTON there to do what he does best score tries. SOME POSITIVES a couple of younger players showing like they could slot into first grade. MEDIA AND REFS hierarchy still smarting that Souths won the battle to be readmitted to the premiership and Murdoch and his cronies always looking to put the down.ALL UP management has to have a close look at their roll including the debacle of ADAM REYNOLDS, just not good. WELL THATS MY RANT Souths always will be my team but so disappointed in many areas. SPECIAL MENTION JAI AAROW turns up every week.
Agree with all of this.
Also dont understand why Shaq isnt getting a run at the moment. We lack size up front.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
The disastrous last 12 weeks has outdone the Broncos capitulation at the end of last season !
If anything, our calamity if far worse with our roster and at one stage being equal premiership favourites.
If still hold hope that something will light a fire under the team over the next couple of weeks or there will be a major “investigation” at the end of the season !
It can not be denied that injuries is a major part of it, but management needs to take some responsibility for choosing to treat this draw like a rock show going on a world tour.
Stay at home, play at home, concentrate on winning games instead of promos and rock star idolatory

handyman2190

Bench
It can not be denied that injuries is a major part of it, but management needs to take some responsibility for choosing to treat this draw like a rock show going on a world tour.
Stay at home, play at home, concentrate on winning games instead of promos and rock star idolatory
This is complacency pure and simple, and it started by not recruiting 1 player,thinking we had all the answers, from not trying taafe at 7 and just letting him go to buying 1 30year old player for next year and upsetting everyone.
I know everyone here would be sick of hearing this from me but i just cant help it,im sorry. All teams recruit someone! Why do we have to chase the expensive and not the up and coming? We need forwards, cheekam,jed, 2nd rowers, hame and knight props, and a utility of some sort, and at this late stage,yes its late ive sat here the whole season waiting and yet nothing,jed is mistake ridden, go! Hame is injury prone,go! Knight is useless,go! Cheekam is getting old im not sorry any of them are going and duncan will replace 1 of them but we need size and go forward,yet no buys.
We got bucklys the next 3 games,no junior nothomas no hame, good luck,we are now the easybeats,any team that plays us knows we dont put them down so they offload,we are like the revolving door,i love this club but watching their no fight attitude nearly sends me to hospital and screws my entire week!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
This is complacency pure and simple, and it started by not recruiting 1 player,thinking we had all the answers, from not trying taafe at 7 and just letting him go to buying 1 30year old player for next year and upsetting everyone.
I know everyone here would be sick of hearing this from me but i just cant help it,im sorry. All teams recruit someone! Why do we have to chase the expensive and not the up and coming? We need forwards, cheekam,jed, 2nd rowers, hame and knight props, and a utility of some sort, and at this late stage,yes its late ive sat here the whole season waiting and yet nothing,jed is mistake ridden, go! Hame is injury prone,go! Knight is useless,go! Cheekam is getting old im not sorry any of them are going and duncan will replace 1 of them but we need size and go forward,yet no buys.
We got bucklys the next 3 games,no junior nothomas no hame, good luck,we are now the easybeats,any team that plays us knows we dont put them down so they offload,we are like the revolving door,i love this club but watching their no fight attitude nearly sends me to hospital and screws my entire week!!
Yes I agree with this.
And you're right, it is complacency.
It began when we became equal favorites in the betting.
And we haven't snapped out of it yet....

callmack1

Staff member
'Outstanding' Burgess set to leave Souths for UK coaching gig as Matty predicts NRL return: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...3/news-story/f260820ac7a00cb9ad034a30377b85b0

Depressing....

NRL's bold plan to play Origin in NZ becomes reality as negotiations begin: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/633a25a0808df842e8a0e830e879ba0e

Not so depressing!

'Same road as Rugby Union' - NRL warned over worrying 'path' amid raging 'inconsistency': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/97b41b09abd4180b887b7408ed676540

'Protected species' - Panthers villain's ban dodging becoming 'running joke' - Blog with Hoops: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/acc97c660cef5cd7b51e153004c5269e

Hoops has nailed it there. Guys like Luai and JWH get away with everything, meanwhile we get screwed over for something that wasn't as bad. The inconsistency is becoming a joke. Gotta say, I rarely agree with Buzz, but he's nailed it in his article too.

callmack1

Staff member
Sam Burgess appointed as Head Coach of Warrington: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/r...on-his-appointment-as-the-head-coach-at-warri

Personally, I'm pretty gutted that Sam is going. I was stoked when he officially returned, it just felt 'right.' Now that he's going to leave again, I feel it will leave a bit of a hole in the soul of the club. That guy breeds Red and Green and is an absolute club legend. One of our greatest ever.

I get the argument that he hasn't had much of an impact this year with our forwards or the defence but you can't just pin that all on Sam. I'm sure he'd be firing them up as much as he can, it's up to the players to take that on board at the end of the day.

I think he's a great coach, and will be a great head coach so he's a loss. Not to mention that he is a big draw card for young talent, forwards especially. I have heard a number of young guys in interviews say a big reason why they came was to be coached by John Sutton and Sam Burgess.

Bit gutted but I wish him all the best and hope he kills it. Good on him for taking this opportunity. As he himself said, this is not goodbye, just see you later. Hopefully he'll be back some day.

callmack1

Staff member
Burgess tipped as future NRL coach after leaving Souths for Warrington job: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/08/08/burgess-to-leave-rabbitohs-for-super-league-coaching-job/

'A big loss' - Burgess' UK move highlights reality facing 'lost' and 'underperforming' Rabbitohs: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/b3f015d7762284d6eaa9462406023c51

'Breakthrough' peace talks could finally end NRL dispute as 'master negotiator' enters fray: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/954617fcaa5b833b8c08811ffbdf5d4a

The Mole is reporting on this too -

Tallis is an absolute must keep for mine. He's the next big thing in our forward pack.

handyman2190

Bench
Talk about todays training, basketball, instead of training doing defence drills ,they were laughing and goofing around playing basketball, we have fallen off a cliff, are we busted? Why are we not pushing ?

callmack1

Staff member
Behind the Jersey of Shaq Mitchell's Debut: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/behind-the-jersey-of-shaq-mitchells-debut

Giant Jenga with ShaqMit and Hosty: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/giant-jenga-with-shaqmit-and-hosty-darrell-lea

Gotta admit, I'm not a fan of seeing this sort of stuff when the team isn't going well. Forget the marketing, focus on Footy and how the hell we're gonna get out of this.

'Coming to an end' - Powerbrokers 'confident' NRL's civil war close to resolution after 'positive' talks: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/f077361bc9dd3c5d16ad54f1e217e32d

Great news!!! We're nearing a solution!!

callmack1

Staff member