What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFB

Weaponhead

Coach
Looks like they are publicly playing the we are happy to wait till 25 and AFB has all intentions to see out 24.
Wait a month then pull the “family reason to move has changed and now we can’t wait oops sorry”
The other issue is cap space in 24. Moylan and Tracey going frees up cash but not enough to take AFB full freight right now. Contract year is from Nov 1, so by Feb 1, the Wahs have paid 25% of his contract which may leave enough for the Sharks free cap space to cover. A player swap would make it easier but would depend on a player the Wahs want being willing to go.

More to play out here.

The other issue is cap space in 24. Moylan and Tracey going frees up cash but not enough to take AFB full freight right now. Contract year is from Nov 1, so by Feb 1, the Wahs have paid 25% of his contract which may leave enough for the Sharks free cap space to cover. A player swap would make it easier but would depend on a player the Wahs want being willing to go.

More to play out here.
We already had spare change before the Moyza/Tracey let go's.
They had room for one more player. It went from being a standard/decent player to a very good firsts player after the sales.

NotaJourno

Juniors
If there was to be a swap why does everyone assume it would be a forward?
Id say because with AFB leaving prop becomes their biggest weakness. I Would not be surprised if they tried for Katoa to replace Montoya though and I don't think we would say no to that with Stonestreet coming along

coolumsharkie

Referee
Money would be better spent in a halfback

never gonna win a finals game with Nico as your main playmaker
Up and down for me but I agree with you somewhat except for money spent. Hynes needs a general so he can play off the cuff footy not the same old kick on the 5th short side when you run out of room, run out of ideas and space. Trindall gets his chance this year, we got Dykes and a few others to try out before we spend any money there.

Nutz

Bench
If there was to be a swap why does everyone assume it would be a forward?
Sorry I haven't read all this thread but if your asking if the warriors wanted a forward to trade with AFB I did hear that they asked the tigers for Stefano Ute, how reliable is my neighbour's monkey's uncle I'm unsure.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Sorry I haven't read all this thread but if your asking if the warriors wanted a forward to trade with AFB I did hear that they asked the tigers for Stefano Ute, how reliable is my neighbour's monkey's uncle I'm unsure.
And if you believe rumours Sua was being offered up by the Dragons.

chewsta

First Grade
Wasn't there talk of Iro wanting to join the Wah's a while back also. We also conveniently signed the young gun centre from the Dogs in the Tracey trade off.

chewsta

First Grade
The club came out last week and said they wouldn't have let Tracey go if they didn't have Iro.
Ahhh, well that is good to know. Hopefully he becomes a regular starter and Sifa can move back in field one or two positions.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Nuh I was talking about an earlier rumour of a three club swap.

Frenzy.

Immortal
And if you believe rumours Sua was being offered up by the Dragons.
Well, the Dragons may have issues with decision making. What club let's Sullivan go knowing what Amone was facing? So why not offer up arguably their best forward?

He would have to be the luckiest dud in the history of the game. Lands a start in FG due to daddy being the coach. Proven failure at this level and he's had plenty of time to get it right due to the Bulldogs being so shit, plus a lack of decent halves coming through overall.
He actually played alright at hooker.
They'd be better off if they took a leaf out of Kevvies book with Billy. He told him straight up that if he wanted to keep playing firsts he had to change from a half to hooker.

Reactions: PJ
He would have to be the luckiest dud in the history of the game. Lands a start in FG due to daddy being the coach. Proven failure at this level and he's had plenty of time to get it right due to the Bulldogs being so shit, plus a lack of decent halves coming through overall.
Kyle will always have that try celebration against us last season. Never mind we put the cleaners through them that game 😆

Latest posts