What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFB

Frenzy.

Immortal
Massive conflict of interest coming up for the teeth model. Bit of a different story at the pennies cause Cleary is a proven footballer. Will be fascinated to see how it pans out. There's a reason why little pissflap is about to join his 4th club in 5 seasons.
Is it because the little twat appears to have a narcissistic personality disorder?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Will also be paying interest to see how steroid boy goes at the Dogs...
My tip is a mid-season transfer to the goons to reunite with his buddy

coolumsharkie

Referee
He actually played alright at hooker.
They'd be better off if they took a leaf out of Kevvies book with Billy. He told him straight up that if he wanted to keep playing firsts he had to change from a half to hooker.
Haha check this I found on FB.

Dragons rant incoming.

Seriously, questions need to be answered.

During the week it was released that Dragons Five-Eight Junior Amone’s NRL contract is likely going to be de-registered by the NRL due to his role in a violent attack involving a hammer last November.

Did no one in the Dragons see this coming?

Because just earlier this year they released home grown Dragons talent and young X-factor play maker Jayden ‘Bud’ Sullivan to the Tigers. Sullivan has been one of the rare shining lights for the Dragons in recent years. At only 22 years old he was a creative playmaker that most clubs are crying out for.

As it stands the Dragons halves will be 33 year old Ben Hunt and Kyle Flanagan in the 6 jersey.

I want you to have a think about this. If Shane Flanagan wasn’t Kyle’s father do you think they would have signed him?

Kyle played the majority of the season last year in Reserve Grade for a Bulldogs team that finished second last on the ladder. Yes he made a few strong appearances late in the season, but not as a playmaker but as a hooker!!

At hooker he seemed to finally find his spot. A spot where there was less pressure on him and his work rate and effort were the focal points of his game.

However, his dad has other ideas as such he has signed him for the Dragons to play in the halves.

Flanagan is 25 years old, he’s played 79 NRL games and it’s clear to anyone who has seen him play that he is not creative enough to play in the halves in the NRL.

If I was a Dragons fan I would be asking a lot of questions.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Haha check this I found on FB.

Dragons rant incoming.

Seriously, questions need to be answered.

During the week it was released that Dragons Five-Eight Junior Amone’s NRL contract is likely going to be de-registered by the NRL due to his role in a violent attack involving a hammer last November.

Did no one in the Dragons see this coming?

Because just earlier this year they released home grown Dragons talent and young X-factor play maker Jayden ‘Bud’ Sullivan to the Tigers. Sullivan has been one of the rare shining lights for the Dragons in recent years. At only 22 years old he was a creative playmaker that most clubs are crying out for.

As it stands the Dragons halves will be 33 year old Ben Hunt and Kyle Flanagan in the 6 jersey.

I want you to have a think about this. If Shane Flanagan wasn’t Kyle’s father do you think they would have signed him?

Kyle played the majority of the season last year in Reserve Grade for a Bulldogs team that finished second last on the ladder. Yes he made a few strong appearances late in the season, but not as a playmaker but as a hooker!!

At hooker he seemed to finally find his spot. A spot where there was less pressure on him and his work rate and effort were the focal points of his game.

However, his dad has other ideas as such he has signed him for the Dragons to play in the halves.

Flanagan is 25 years old, he’s played 79 NRL games and it’s clear to anyone who has seen him play that he is not creative enough to play in the halves in the NRL.

If I was a Dragons fan I would be asking a lot of questions.

For me that says a lot about Pissflap and how he does what he wants. Brings peptides into the club with Dank, gave Pissflap jnr a debut at the Sharks, rorted the salary cap at The Sharks, continued to coach remotely when banned etc etc.

Now he has the tiny nylon tent signing of Pissflap jnr again.

That qhunt just does what he wants.

He'll have the goons in salary cap trouble before the end of 2025. Just mark my words all you young fellas!!

Special K

Coach
Flanno will improve the dragons. They f**king suck. But the world he is operating in is very different to the Sharks rebuild he did.

There is a 17th team in the mix for talent now and the way the player market has become you have to buy 2 years in advance - see us buying AFB in 2023 for 2025. AFB didn't want to go to the dragons in 2025 because they suck in 2023, will probably suck in 2024. When we were bad you could still buy talent for the upcoming season! We signed Maloney in June 2015 for 2016. We signed Ennis in June 2014 for 2015. Lewis signed July 2012 for 2013! Huge f**king difference to what Flanno is faced with now. The NRL needs to fix this stupid shit but for now it actually works in our advantage.

Plus throw in any big name basically has to commute to Sydney or move to the gong - that is a hard sell for a rebuild as the Knights found out for years.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Very telling and accurate post K.
The landscape has changed so much not only in sport but life in general that anything might happen if you are constantly avoiding the spoon.
I can’t understand Twiggy Forrest interest in the Dragons - hopefully take them West asap.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The landscape has changed so much not only in sport but life in general that anything might happen if you are constantly avoiding the spoon.
I can’t understand Twiggy Forrest interest in the Dragons - hopefully take them West asap.
Hopefully to the Buccaneer Archipelago.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Flanno will improve the dragons. They f**king suck. But the world he is operating in is very different to the Sharks rebuild he did.

There is a 17th team in the mix for talent now and the way the player market has become you have to buy 2 years in advance - see us buying AFB in 2023 for 2025. AFB didn't want to go to the dragons in 2025 because they suck in 2023, will probably suck in 2024. When we were bad you could still buy talent for the upcoming season! We signed Maloney in June 2015 for 2016. We signed Ennis in June 2014 for 2015. Lewis signed July 2012 for 2013! Huge f**king difference to what Flanno is faced with now. The NRL needs to fix this stupid shit but for now it actually works in our advantage.

Plus throw in any big name basically has to commute to Sydney or move to the gong - that is a hard sell for a rebuild as the Knights found out for years.
Yeah spot on K. Doubt we would have gotten him if he wasn't restricted to Sydney clubs only either. Worked in our favour that the only other clubs competing were basket cases. Stars aligned on this one. Now he just has to stay fit and we'll reap the rewards.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Maybe it's Twiggy plan, he does love the west.
It would be a great day

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah spot on K. Doubt we would have gotten him if he wasn't restricted to Sydney clubs only either. Worked in our favour that the only other clubs competing were basket cases. Stars aligned on this one. Now he just has to stay fit and we'll reap the rewards.
Could be true 2012. If his parents are still in Meadowbank Parramatta may have been in for him. 'Cause they really need a another prop :rolleyes:

Stake Removed

First Grade
I assume the club now being run by professionals will keep a couple hundred K, up sleeve till the end of the transfer signings I believe July 31, and a spot open
Let's just say Warriors are out of running for the 8, we are in the 8 a chance that we can get AFB for remainder of season all left on his contract would be around $200-$250k.
I live in hope

Frenzy.

Immortal
Anyone know the exact details of the Developed player rule brought in last season. Was it even brought in?

Something about being contracted for 2 years but played less than 5 NRL games in the 2 years can be let go after a short period of the new season. Possibly 9-10 weeks.

Was mentioned at another place.