What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Not sure if the AFL or NRL draw comes out first but Storm should be playing Friday or Saturday night during the reach around. It should be their third event game alongside Anzac and the Warriors game.

ground zero

Juniors
Ahhh how good, 20k+ crowds are becoming standard down here, to the point that anything less would have felt a little underwhelming tonight.

Game is absolutely thriving all over.
except when the sharks are at home. drags the average down every 2nd week for years.

wests1

Juniors
Ahhh how good, 20k+ crowds are becoming standard down here, to the point that anything less would have felt a little underwhelming tonight.

Game is absolutely thriving all over.
I lived in Melbourne for 12 years from 2005 and the growth from outright hostility to begrudging acceptance was very obvious.
I now think we can safely say that the storm, yes with all their success and all, have carved out a genuine niche in the market. It takes a while but it is so good for the game.
To give some context, for the first three years I lived there, I had to go to an advertised pub which had Impaja to watch origin because nine wouldn’t show the game til after midnight. We’ve now had three consecutive club games with 20k plus in attendance.

moffla

Bench
I lived in Melbourne for 12 years from 2005 and the growth from outright hostility to begrudging acceptance was very obvious.
I now think we can safely say that the storm, yes with all their success and all, have carved out a genuine niche in the market. It takes a while but it is so good for the game.
To give some context, for the first three years I lived there, I had to go to an advertised pub which had Impaja to watch origin because nine wouldn’t show the game til after midnight. We’ve now had three consecutive club games with 20k plus in attendance.
Exactly. I remember having to wait until 11.30pm, avoiding scores etc to watch us play Friday night games back in 06/07.

Olympic park was great - but did nothing to entice interested onlookers.

The AAMI Park move helped a tonne, and we’ve also adapted our status as everyone’s “second” team behind their AFL team and people have really gotten around us.

I go with a group of 5 or 6 Melbourne born AFL lovers most games now, all of which are now pretty rusted on. The game will only keep growing down here.

jim_57

Staff member
Storm current average 20,931 from first 3. With Anzac Day and some more family friendly times coming.

Bulldogs, Fri 6pm
Rabbitohs, Thu 7:50pm (Anzac Day)
Sharks, Sat 7:35pm
Knights, Sun 2pm
Raiders, Sat 7:35pm
Roosters, Sat 7:35pm
Dragons, Sat 5:30pm
Dolphins, Sat 5:30pm
(Magic home game not included)

Shaping as another year of increasing their average.

Last edited:

Jamberoo

Juniors
Not sure if the AFL or NRL draw comes out first but Storm should be playing Friday or Saturday night during the reach around. It should be their third event game alongside Anzac and the Warriors game.
AFL Gather Round is the middle week of school holidays. You could fixture the Storm game for 2025 now.

Reckon next Friday v Dogs at the family friendly 6pm time slot will bring another big crowd.

ouwet

Bench
Shocking weather in Sydney (I'm guessing same in Newcastle)!

I'd be shocked if 5000 turn up tonight at Accor... It's horrible, 140mm of rain.

Valheru

Coach
Both games tonight have to be forgiven crowd wise. The rain is relentless and doesn't look like easing.

Harry O

Juniors
If fans don't show up coz it's raining, well they're not really fans. I mean so what if it rains, does rain freaking harm them or something, its only water, wear a fkn rain coat, Whoopi doo

Harry O

Juniors
Clearly you've never had to lug a toddler or a whole family to a sporting event! It's difficult even without adding torrential rain to the mix.
First of all if you have a toddler, you wouldn't take them.to the footy if it's pissing down
Thats why you have Grandparents to look after them, while you're out.