What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

age.s

First Grade
Its devastating on one level, Fish will go down as an ATG Panther. But as has been mentioned, our front row will have had to be regenerated in the next couple of years anyway, and there has been jusr the faintest glimmer of Fish falling away from his peak in recent times. I wouldn't put my house on it, but I have a suspicion we may be cashing out at the right time, albeit for mostly compassionate reasons.

In terms of replacements, I think we need to look outside. NAS is an option but I feel like if he's falling away at Melbourne its less likely we'll be able to do significantly better. Stefano would be perfect but is not likely to be cheap, ditto David Fifita. Maybe a bit of a splash in the market is the way though. I'd be reticent to punt on a guy like Blake Laurie stepping up as we seriously risk just losing loads of games due to getting wiped in the middle.

Interesting times though. Time for the club to show were the real deal longer term.

BxTom

Bench
ok lets smash the Tigers by 60 this weekend :p

he would be in demand so he isnt coming cheap - probably uses close to all of Fishes money that frees the cap up

personally i dont think this changes the Tito situation alot - we can replace Tito easier than Fish
And give JFH a conversion...

mxlegend99

Referee
It's almost a shame Kenny is going so well as Egan would come home in a heartbeat if asked.
What if we go the Reuben Cotter route with Kenny? Get him to bulk up a bit and shift to front row.

Not sure how he would handle it. But honestly feel like Kenny (and Taylan May tbh) have the right mentality and physicality to do a job in the front row. Not the biggest blokes. But seen them both level quality front rowers and our front rowers are more about doing that than the metres they gain.

chrisD

Coach
Just buy edges and move Martin and Sorenson into the middle. One of them should be in the middle this year really, and Henry trying to force his way in.

Fangs

Coach

Utoikamanu has a clause in his contract that will allow him to leave the Tigers if the team fails to make the top eight in 2024, but is negated if he plays another two State of Origin games for NSW during that time.

---

An extra reason to be waiting by your wireless for the naming of the NSW SOO team.

Just buy edges and move Martin and Sorenson into the middle. One of them should be in the middle this year really, and Henry trying to force his way in.

Kikau, Leniu and now JFH gone. Whoever we get I want someone with some power to their game.

age.s

First Grade
How can we possibly make a decision on Stefano till the end of the year? We meme on the Tigers going no higher than 9th but surely a clause like that can't be activated before its a mathematical certainty at the least.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
How can we possibly make a decision on Stefano till the end of the year? We meme on the Tigers going no higher than 9th but surely a clause like that can't be activated before its a mathematical certainty at the least.

Tigers arent making shit...Lets be honest.

I love Fish but this is good news. I have been worried about his contract for some time. We can’t have 30 year old props on the coin he was on.

I’ve liked what Henry and Smith have done; tracking a lot better than what Moses and Fish were doing at the same age. We do need another solid front row option though; wouldn’t be adverse to going to the market but not sure throwing a lot of coin at Stefano is the right answer. I like some of the suggestions above about some of the Cronulla players or even @hindy111 ‘s suggestion about Greig. As a left field option, I wonder if JWH would do a cheap one year deal to come off the bench for 20-30 minutes a game?

Another reason why the Warriors will continue to be my second team.

Kilkenny

Coach
Liam Henry ready made replacement to take over from JFH very similar in style.

A couple of youngsters within our ranks look capable of stepping up to NRL in the next season or two.

Luron Patea, John Sagaga both Lemoto brothers although they are likely a couple of years off.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m sure the club have a plan in place and JFH hasn’t quite been churning out the 150 plus running metres he once did. Certainly not week in week out.

He obviously wants to go home, has been given a four year deal which is great for him and in my opinion it is probably good business for us. Time to reinvigorate the forward pack, he is on big money regardless of whether it is $700 or $800k.

Kilkenny

Coach
Personally, I don’t think this decision has anything to do with the negotiations around Sunia Turuva. We should have a figure in mind for what we consider his worth or value and if the Dragons or another club is prepared to give him more , perhaps a lot more, then he may be best served to take the money on offer.

Latest posts