What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Parra Pride

Referee
Yep I think Roosters look to be in the best spot by that analysis. You guys not in a bad spot although for what its worth I think your best shot for a while was 2022. Of course what that graph doesnt show is where the age and experience is. Age and inexperience IMO plays out differently between say props, halves, outside backs.
Our best shot was 2021, we really should have beat the Panthers in the semis. Luai can tackle Moses off the ball to no repercussions though.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Our best shot was 2021, we really should have beat the Panthers in the semis. Luai can tackle Moses off the ball to no repercussions though.
Souths would have beaten us in the GF even without Latrell.

Adam Reynolds has owned us since making his debut. As much as Melbourne do in semi finals. And would have kicked us to death plus Souths had the wood over us at the time.

If you dive into his record against Parramatta it's embarrassing from our point of view.

Though making 2021 GF would have had us better prepared for 2022 GF and would have avoided a large dose of stage fright.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yep I think Roosters look to be in the best spot by that analysis. You guys not in a bad spot although for what its worth I think your best shot for a while was 2022. Of course what that graph doesnt show is where the age and experience is. Age and inexperience IMO plays out differently between say props, halves, outside backs.
If Moses and Drown play 20+ games in a season we should be a top 4/6 side. Quality Halves are worth there weight in gold atm when on the park.

Unfortunately we just don't have the depth or systems in place to cope when one goes out.

As we saw last year both ended up played less then 20 games and missed the finals by 1 game.

This year clearly there was no backup plan in place as we keep spinning the magnets every 2 weeks looking for a combination to get us through.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Check out the latest news on Luke Keary.
If we dont sign a decent coach and fast that players want to join our club to play for we will be dead ducks in the player market. Chooks will have money comin' out of their butts and sign everyone.
They will. Cap space is worth far more than ageing stars. Also, the better resourced clubs seem to find it easier to convince their veterans to retire rather than play a year too long. What are they offering behind the scenes?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep I think Roosters look to be in the best spot by that analysis. You guys not in a bad spot although for what its worth I think your best shot for a while was 2022.
That's why our window culminated in a grand final. Losing the grand final seems to be our peak since 2001. Three straight grand finals have been followed by an ebb of mediocrity.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Tell it to 2002-04 and 2010-12.
Be honest, do you really get pleasure out of mocking and laughing at parra fans?

I know you only chose the support parra because you thought they were shit, but what perverse pleasure do you get out of shitting all over parra fans and hoping for failure?

Soto

Bench
From Union.
I'm no Yawnion expert but apparently they start in Japan In Oct or so and play 16 rounds...so would be back if they can all come to terms and agree...now I don't think I'm making it up and I'm pretty sure I heard this but I don't have any evidence to back this up

Soto

Bench
So with Suualli, Keary, Hargreaves and Manu leaving and all getting paid between $6-800k each and if the roosters don't sign players of the same ilk and $$$ they may finally be operating under the same cap most other teams do...if so that would be very brave