What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LG ends association with Sharks

bartman

Immortal
:lol: Do I really have to click on that, it looks dirty...?

I was just being facetious. I don't care for AFL.

wittyfan

Referee
I recently bought an LG DVD recorder as a back-up, the Long Play quality is completely crap, my Panasonic one sh*ts all over it!

Time to do what the Bulldogs did a few months ago.

Sack the Board, get rid of the CEO, piss the coach off and start cleaning out the roster.

The Dogs had one of the worst years on record last year and have risen from the Ashes this year. No reason why the Sharks can't do the same.

No-one in their right mind would sponsor that club as it is at the moment so they basically have no choice but to have a re-shuffle. If they do it right though, it could be the best thing that ever happened to them, just like the re-shuffle at the Dogs has been great for them.

It's not too late for the Sharks as long as they realise that they need to have a blood bath at management level and it needs to be done right now.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Time to do what the Bulldogs did a few months ago.

Sack the Board, get rid of the CEO, piss the coach off and start cleaning out the roster.

The Dogs had one of the worst years on record last year and have risen from the Ashes this year. No reason why the Sharks can't do the same.

No-one in their right mind would sponsor that club as it is at the moment so they basically have no choice but to have a re-shuffle. If they do it right though, it could be the best thing that ever happened to them, just like the re-shuffle at the Dogs has been great for them.

It's not too late for the Sharks as long as they realise that they need to have a blood bath at management level and it needs to be done right now.

Problem is, that even having done that, we still have been unable to secure a major sponsors, the current financial climate doesn't help things.

Really I think the only choice is now to look at what offers they have elsewhere, by being in a new area, different sorts of sponsors would be keen to jump on board, but they have to start now if they want to have everything in place for next year, this year is a write off.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Sunshine Coast Sharks?
Central Queensland Sharks?
Adelaide Sharks?
Wellington Sharks?

Im in favour of the Central Queensland Sharks. No Pokie Tax, massive junior base, guarenteed bigger crowd (then what they have at the moment) plus they could sell their Stadium and Leagues club and be one of the richest clubs going.

El Diablo

Post Whore
:lol: Do I really have to click on that, it looks dirty...?

I was just being facetious. I don't care for AFL.

i realise that but it looks like LG have a different set of standards when it comes to AFL player behaviour

Danish

Referee
you know, it would have hurt more if you said 30 years.

won't be long now, saints finally have a real coach again.

There is little point referring to the lack of premierships from another club...

The STI ability to choke will outweigh Bennett's ability to coach. It is an unstoppable phenomenon, as sure as the tides.

bartman

Immortal
i realise that but it looks like LG have a different set of standards when it comes to AFL player behaviour
I'll take your word on it.

Meanwhile, back to the game we care about... if Sharks/Zappia can line up a new sponsor by the start of next year, play their five games in Adelaide or something, and come up with a master plan for where to relocate to in 2011 and claim the NRL's $8mil bonus, then the name might stay alive.

They could have a five year licence for somewhere like Adelaide, then do their property redevelopment sale-thing at Endeavour in 2011-2015, and if Adelaide is not working out for them and the league, then they could maybe move back...

Difference is Fremantle aren't going under.

We Fremantle Dockers are a proud & noble club. We prefer to be called ' Little People '.

Freo can't be doing too much wrong off the field, and this despite the fact they've been consistently sh*t since they came into the AFL - except for one, maybe 2 seasons.

Luckily for Fremantle, the club has 150 companies in commercial partnerships which extend to advertising, corporate hospitality, including the majors LG, Integrated Group, Foster’s Australia, Atlinta and Members Equity.
“It’s grown to the point now where we are of the top-ranked in the AFL in the number of sponsors and revenue we generate,” Dockers chief Steve Rosich said.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No-one in their right mind would sponsor that club as it is at the moment
Believe it or not, posted today on www.sharks.com.au:

Sharks join forces with InterPark

Thursday, May 21, 2009
Amidst difficult economic times and negative press speculation as to the financial health of the club, the Sharks are pleased to announce a new sponsorship agreement with InterPark, Australia’s newest major car park manager.
The first piece of good financial news in some time, Sharks officials were hoping the new sponsorship signing would mark the changing of the tide.
“We are extremely pleased InterPark has thrown their support behind the Sharks and we hope it will lead to a long and fruitful partnership between us,” Sharks Chairman Barry Piece said. “It has been well documented that times are tough at present, with this new sponsorship arrangement certainly a positive development.”
InterPark Managing Director Peter Stewart, a long time Sutherland Shire Resident and Sharks fan, was pleased to be able to lend the support of his company in what is a time of need.
“We are delighted to have the opportunity to assist the club at this difficult time,” Mr Stewart said. “We believe the Sharks to be a club with genuine integrity who have been extremely proactive in dealing with any player behavioural issues in recent years.
“We look forward to developing a relationship with the club which will lead to much larger sponsorships in the years ahead.”
At this stage the InterPark sponsorship is for the remainder of the 2009 season, with the Stewart and the Sharks to explore the possibility of extending and expanding the arrangement into the future.
InterPark is Australia’s newest major car park manager and currently manages facilities in Sydney, Melbourne and Newcastle, with the company reporting very strong growth despite the economic downturn.
During what are well publicised financial concerns for the Sharks, Stewart encouraged other Sharks supporters to follow InterPark’s lead.
“We’d certainly encourage other business people living in the area to get involved with supporting the club,” Stewart said.
Still on sponsorship matters and the Sharks would like to clarify the position of club sponsor Westfield Miranda. Contrary to reports circulating in the media, Westfield Miranda remains a sponsor of the Sharks and will in fact be the match day sponsor for the local derby match this weekend against the St George Illawarra Dragons.

http://www.sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=16685

Wonder what the Interpark sponsorship is worth?

And if there are connections between them and any Sharks board members? (ie small sponsorship, mates rates to generate some positive news).

Latest posts