What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new banner ideas

big pat

Coach
another fien mess you got me into stanley.

the younguns won't get this, but the oldies should.

Last edited:

Dizzychik

Juniors
The DELL Express

Dell's Boots were made for scoring!

and I really like that " Del-liverance " one someone said

Dizzychik

Juniors
Ok last one for the big Dell I promise...(as I have to get a life)
but this could be a special one for a GF try:

Premier DELLivery!

Princess Deee

Juniors
Hi Everyone =))

I will be making my first banner for this Friday night's game against the Panthers & I just wanted to get some tips about making it. What material is best to use for the banner? and what will I need to buy to make it?

I have a friend who has converted from the Broncos to the Dragons (All because of Wendell) so we will be making a Dell banner. I have been browsing to see the different ideas & banners everyone has but I'm not sure if anyone has made or has intentions of making the following:

DELL-icious
DELL rings my bell
Causing a DELL-emma

I can't wait to get amongst the Dragons army. I have been to 10 games this season but not with the army so I'm very excited!
I look forward to your helpful tips =))

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Princess Deee, This post was from last year but it is still valid, and is good advice.
I don't have any diagrams but have made a sh*tload thru my late teens..

This is how i made them. I took my time and did it over 2-3 days.

DAY1

Step1 - draw the sign on a piece of paper to see what your design will look like.
Step 2 - get yourself some white material from spotlight or something.
Step 3 - cut out the material to suit your design.
Step 4 TRACING
- work out how much space you want on the outline, around the edge of the sign. there will also be a smaller space in between the letters. Then with the space you have for the letters, work out how many cms each letter should be based on the number of letters. make any i's smaller.
Important Note - on the sides leave an extra 10-12cms or so depending on the size of the poles that you're using. You will sew that later to fit the poles in.
- I then created boxes via pencil for all the letters.
Step 5 SKETCHING
- in the letter boxes, sketch your letters using pencil.

DAY 2 PAINTING (Get some solid red paint, no fairy sh*t)
I used a massive table and smashed it with newspaper all over.

Step 6 - using electrical tape stick on your white material that has been sketched already with the letters.
Step 7 - Start painting. I usually stopped about 6-7mms from the outline as the paint would seep out if you know what i mean.
Step 8 - Once painting is finished i hung the sign up on a line to dry for atleast a day.

DAY 3 OUTLINING-POLES
Your sign should be dry now.

Step 9 - using one of those thick black texters start outlining around the painting.
Step 10 - You need to sew ends for the poles. That extra space you will sew including sewing the top so the poles don't go thru.
Step 11 - Insert your poles and using some white electrical tape - tape the bottom of your sign to the poles. The top of the pole is secured by the extra sewing up top.

Thats it. About 3 days if you take your time. Of course you can do it a lot quicker these days but that's what I did and I made about 6-7 signs including Choc Full of Magic.

Good Luck

What i like to do is draw up the design on computer, then get straight into it. Pump up the music, and create. The thicker the material the less inclined you will be to use masking tape as it wont run much. Usually I start drawing it up at 7.30 on a friday night, turn down the music, and probably finish painting by the time game 2 is over. Of course you cant really do this if you will be at the game on friday night. :lol:

Leave it to dry over night and sew up the banner the next day, and you're done. The above advice does help though.

And we hope to see you on the hill :D

Steel Dragon

Bench
BEAU-ZOOKER
DELL-ERIOUS ABOUT SAILOR

and ive gone a little silly on photoshop...

Know-Saffy.jpg

Saffy-First.jpg

Princess Deee

Juniors
W.B.2.S.O.S ... Thankyou SOOO much for your helpful tips =))
It really helps to ask people who know what they are talking about, like yourself. I'm hopeful that we will have our new banner ready for friday night. I can't wait!
See you all on the hill..!

saint-colesy

Juniors
W.B.2.S.O.S ... Thankyou SOOO much for your helpful tips =))
It really helps to ask people who know what they are talking about, like yourself. I'm hopeful that we will have our new banner ready for friday night. I can't wait!
See you all on the hill..!

A princess from brighton

wow :p

Latest posts