What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th and final ASHES TEST: England v Australia at the Oval, Aug 20-24

munge

Juniors
Ponting was running to the danger end, he could have turned Hussey back

Does that and Husseys out. If thats worth the risk of 1 run ill give it away.

And now the games changed. Clarkes gone, ive seen them given not out a 100 times.

TimmyB

Juniors
Look it was definitely Hussey's fault in the majority. Accusing him of costing us the ashes is absurd. After we were set 550, the exact result was always academic.

If it's anyone's fault it's the selectors for persisting with Hussey and failing to even bring a backup bat on tour.

mozza91

Coach
Look it was definitely Hussey's fault in the majority. Accusing him of costing us the ashes is absurd. After we were set 550, the exact result was always academic.

If it's anyone's fault it's the selectors for persisting with Hussey and failing to even bring a backup bat on tour.
It was Hussey's call and Punter hesitated it was all Pontings fault he got runout

Red Bear

Referee
That was out, bat clearly on the line, not over it, sh*t happens.

You cant blame umpire decisions, umpires dont bowl like merkins for two tests (johnson) or incredibly inconsistently (Siddle). Umpires dont bat woefully (Hussey). Umpires dont drop someone who just took apart the best attack in the world. Umpires dont not bring a reserve batsmen on tour. Umpires dont make poor captaincy decisions. Umpires dont not select Stuart Clark at Lords. Umpires dont go about with the arrogance of someone who can suck their own dick (hilditch, neilsen).

We lose this ashes series cos we have played like f**king sh*t for the most part, apart from Clarke, North Haddin and Hilfy (katich and ponting first test).

TimmyB

Juniors
I think it should also be noted that if (a very big if) the preparation of this pitch was altered by the curator due to the 1-1 scoreline, it's extraordinarily cynical, bordering upon poor sportsmanship.

TimmyB

Juniors
It was Hussey's call and Punter hesitated it was all Pontings fault he got runout

I agree with this. However, given the precarious match situation, Hussey should not have been calling such tight runs. I'd apportion the blame to both.

TimmyB

Juniors
What I don't understand is why we have two absolute cretins as selectors. I think it's unlikely that the sum total of Boon's and Hughes' IQs exceeds the number of tests Rick Ponting has played. Why they are selectors I will never, never know.

TheParraboy

Staff member
still not over,

Hopefully Hussey will tie up one end,

North abd Haddin can score big, and if Johnson clicks he could get going too

Untill we are 7 down, with still a lot to get, then we are in this

Spike

First Grade
r189194_709011.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
still not over,