What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Big Mick

Referee
If that kid aims up. He has all the talent in the world.

I certainly hope he does.

But whatever we've seen so far suggests no.

I really hope he does but, because it'd be a waste of a valuable future.

murraymob

First Grade
Tai is not our concern anymore .Lets concentrate on tying up Bryce cartwright the half and front rower we already have them lets secure them

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Samson Sene is another Front Rower who was excellent in Harold Matthews in 2007. However, he has continued to put on weight and struggles to play more than 20 minutes now.

Flasha

Juniors
Possibles Vs Probables for NSW under 16s are playing at Leichardt tomorrow the 11th of May - 6:30pm kick off. 7 Penrith Matts are playing.

Josh Walker, Bryce Cartwright, Jackson Hoffman, Wiki Tuavao, Joseph Mapusua, Jakiel Fuimaono, Jacob Maklouf.

Good luck boys. Jakiel will make it and depending on how Bryce's knee is, then he will also be in the team. The others are great players but really need big games to get there.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Possibles Vs Probables for NSW under 16s are playing at Leichardt tomorrow the 11th of May - 6:30pm kick off. 7 Penrith Matts are playing.

Josh Walker, Bryce Cartwright, Jackson Hoffman, Wiki Tuavao, Joseph Mapusua, Jakiel Fuimaono, Jacob Maklouf.

Good luck boys. Jakiel will make it and depending on how Bryce's knee is, then he will also be in the team. The others are great players but really need big games to get there.

The young fullback didn't get a run? He certainly had his fans in the two finals game's I watched. Against the Steelers I was sitting in front of his fan club and for 60 minutes all came away with a headache. Could get near the grandstand on Grand Final day but could still hear his fan club from my position in the shade under the scoreboard.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I am also very surprised Riki Willie didn't get a run in the NSW trial. Myself and the 2 people i watched the final all agreed that he was M.O.M.

Kilkenny

Coach
I am also very surprised Riki Willie didn't get a run in the NSW trial. Myself and the 2 people i watched the final all agreed that he was M.O.M.

Was involved in some crucial plays in the GF, not just his try. A couple of his on line tackles to keep the Eels from scoring were crucial.

Flasha

Juniors
Riki was best on field for both of Penrith's last two finals games and he should have got a run in the NSW trials. Although if he did get a run it should have been on the wing and not fullback because the South's fullback that made the team is an unbelievable player. He is easily the best fullback in the state and he tore Penrith apart when they played at Redfern oval.

half_back

Juniors
NSW Side is

Tyrone Phillips- South Sydney
Clinton Gutherson - Manly
Joshua Walker - Penrith
Alan Niulesa - Bulldogs
Richard Kennar - Melbourne Storm
Jack Bird - Illawarra
Shannon Crook - Illawarra
Bryce Cartwright - Penrith
Jake Lawrence - Newcastle
Kelepi Tanginoa - Parramatta
Jake Trbojevic - Manly
Fabian Natoli - Manly
Frazer Masinamua - Parramatta
Robbie Kamoto - Parramatta
Chad McGill - Parramatta
Jakiel Fuimaono - Penrith
Wiki Tuavao - Penrith

NSW Side is

Tyrone Phillips- South Sydney
Clinton Gutherson - Manly
Joshua Walker - Penrith
Alan Niulesa - Bulldogs
Richard Kennar - Melbourne Storm
Jack Bird - Illawarra
Shannon Crook - Illawarra
Bryce Cartwright - Penrith
Jake Lawrence - Newcastle
Kelepi Tanginoa - Parramatta
Jake Trbojevic - Manly
Fabian Natoli - Manly
Frazer Masinamua - Parramatta
Robbie Kamoto - Parramatta
Chad McGill - Parramatta
Jakiel Fuimaono - Penrith
Wiki Tuavao - Penrith

thats a pretty good and fair nsw team.

ranga

Juniors
yes and there expected to win the comp so they have been told,and its not sour grapes,the lame excuses they told players that got dropped that they ran the ball up too much or tackled too much. what a load of crap, they new 2 weeks ago who they wanted. yes and some of those players from that assistance coach team deserve there spot but some played average and so did others from other clubs . since i watched all the trials and training sessions.
i think yhey got it right,dont you:crazy:

sweet-as

Juniors
And i remember people on this forum said letting guys like ZACH CLAY and TEPAI MOEARA and JYE MAMO go would come back to bite them guess what foot in mouth disease again..

Ummm... Zac clay was is year young this year and in my oppinion is the most promising player to come through in a long time...

micro

Juniors
Ok guys this seasons over any early tips for next years SG squad/team?
Atkins and his asst coaches to controll s.g ball, cartwright, jakiel, walker in the Penrith squad, all players who went to greener pastures ( roosters etc not to return) Jennings and hetriks(who got 1 of the two major sg bal awards at the academy) to turn out for the eels in sg ball and beyond. Clements from brothers (u17 developement coach) to coach harold matts 2011 and h.matts 2011 is a much weaker age than the 2010 talent available, they will struggle.

sweet-as

Juniors
Atkins and his asst coaches to controll s.g ball, cartwright, jakiel, walker in the Penrith squad, all players who went to greener pastures ( roosters etc not to return) Jennings and hetriks(who got 1 of the two major sg bal awards at the academy) to turn out for the eels in sg ball and beyond. Clements from brothers (u17 developement coach) to coach harold matts 2011 and h.matts 2011 is a much weaker age than the 2010 talent available, they will struggle.

Agree with cartwright, jakiel and walker. Can probably add Wiki as well. Jennings and hetrick?? didnt know they signed with eels. :(

I think we'll be right with backs with the likes of ryan wilson, But Our forward pack for next year don't look too promising?

Latest posts