What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu is a muppet: Cannon

Sorry but there is a lot of honour associated with the Wallabies jumper, and Cannon has every right to criticize Tahu for his comments - regardless of whether you guys have heard of him or not.

Are you talking about the North Coast? Otherwise you must be talking out your @rse on this one....
I was living in western sydney at the time of the RUWC.
There was no hype, it was a crappy tournament and union is a crappy game.

Parra Guru

Coach
I was living in western sydney at the time of the RUWC.

Well then I can understand why the experience was what you made of it. The ARU do nothing to promote the game in Western sydney, and therefore, don't really deserve support there.

There was no hype, it was a crappy tournament and union is a crappy game.

I disagree with this. I went to a couple of the games, having not been to much rugby before, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I went to NZ v Wales which produced brilliant skill and fantastic atmosphere and Japan v USA which was fun and entertaining.

And did you happen to take a look at the final?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
LOL - i love this banter. It's good for both codes.

Good for Rugby League to have someone coming out saying 'i made a mistake going to Union, kids, stay in Rugby League and play State of Origin'

Good for Rugby Union to have the Rugby League traitors go back to League, so that the guys who have played Union their whole lives get a spot ahead of the League converts management throw all the money at.

AWESOME banter Tahu/Cannon - go for it!!

natheel

Coach
i dont mind watching the odd union test when all blacks r playing but id far prefer an origin or even a rugby league test ahead of it. i think a big factor in why the international level in rugby is higher than that in league is because ALOT of countries compete quite well in union where in league its NZ, Aus and the poms who really compete, so of course a league player would respect a blues jersey or qld jersey more so if he converted to union and back because the level of origin is harder than international league.

each to their own, Tahu has said some silly things for sure but he obviously loves league and just expressed that in his own way. Tahu isnt the first league player to sh*t on union tbh

the final? i saw a bit on the tv that was on in the background, was away that weekend and someone else where i was staying was watching it, i sat outside most of the night drinking. I couldn't give a toss about union, i have tried to get into it in the past but get bored after 10mins, too many scrums and kicks. Stupid game for stupid people.

in any case it's was Tahu's opinion that the Blues jersey was worth more to "HIM" than the wallabies jersey.
He never said it was ranked higher etc.
it was his opinion, Cannon's opinion differs and good for him. He has never played origin so he can't comment on that.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
It would have been soft of Union to let Tahu get away with his comments - im glad they fired back.

Union fans will support Cannon, we'll support Tahu - both codes get a 'pride and passion' news story out of it! :D

Parra Guru

Coach
So the underlying message here is, you don't like it so everyone who does is stupid?

C'mon I thought you were bigger than that p-m.

I'd choose watching league over union any day of the week but The Union World Cup is still 100x better than the League one, and it is exciting. I also don't mind the S14, but it doesn't entrawl me the way league does.

Parra Guru

Coach
I don't think anything Cannon said was unfair, although it definitely needed proof reading because a lot of it was emotion charged....

The following is the reason why League and Union will never speak the same language

One thing I'll never grasp about rugby league - and this isn't intended to be a shot at the code - is how playing for the Kangaroos is secondary to playing for NSW or Queensland in Origin.

Look at the fanfare State of Origin is currently generating compared to the treatment the Anzac Test received in Melbourne this month.

Origin is everything, which for me, is just all wrong.

It's a sad reflection when you openly have some of the game's finest athletes endorsing playing for their state ahead of playing for their country wearing the green and gold.

I just don't get that. In rugby union, the golden pathway everyone wants to follow is to play for the Wallabies.

The reason I can't feel sentimental about the Waratahs is because they have Queenslanders playing for them. Perhaps both codes could learn a thing or two from eachother about each level of the game.

League has nothing on Union Internationally, but Union will never be able to create the interstate rivalry of Origin, no matter how hard they try to hype up the annual Tahs v reds clash.

The sight of guys like Tuqiri, Sailor, Rogers with the sky blue on their back was just wrong.

Gronk

Staff member
They are two entirely different games which share the shape of the ball and some skills. But in reality they are chalk and cheese. Like baseball is to softball or netball is to basketball.

I wish that the rivalry would cease but I think that it suits them to maintain the rage. It pisses me off no end that they refer to our code as m_u_n_g_o_s*.

* typed like that cos the LU forum changes that word to "champions" to avoid trolls I guess.

My view, RL v's RU -

I played union for 10 years, and 1 season of league.

I enjoyed playing union more than league. I enjoy watching league a lot more than union.

I feel sorry for Timana - I dont think what he said actually came out they way he intended, and Cannon has jumped on it.

Playing for your country is an honour, and something that I think anyone, in any sport aspires too.

I think T would have been better off saying, that the intense atmosphere in SOO, the build up, the hype - makes him more excited to play in a Blues jumper, than a Gold one.

As for the arrogant uni educated bullsh*t - let me tell you - whilst RL as its fair share of boozer/poo in the corridor types, RU have just as many if not more. The difference being, the union boys have friends in higher places than the RL boys, and a lot of the things that they do, does not come out. (I know this for a fact. I am not a poo in the corridor type either:lol:)

Cannon - trying to re-live his 15 secs of fame - needs to go back to his cigar smoking clubhouse, and have a quiet port.

Parra Guru

Coach
They are two entirely different games which share the shape of the ball and some skills. But in reality they are chalk and cheese. Like baseball is to softball or netball is to basketball.

I wish that the rivalry would cease but I think that it suits them to maintain the rage. It pisses me off no end that they refer to our code as m_u_n_g_o_s*.

* typed like that cos the LU forum changes that word to "champions" to avoid trolls I guess.

Totally agree, although I'd rather be a m_u_n_g_o than a w@nker!

Parra Guru

Coach
Well it's not really a game for stupid people that's all....

Most of them are well educated and could teach the league guys a thing or two about how to speak in front of people :p

SDM

First Grade
At the end of the day, Tahu has played both and is entitled to his opinion.
Cannon has played only one of the two, so his opinion isn't based on personal experience.

SDM

First Grade
I used to love getting over to Milner to watch the Woodies play, but it has been a good 10 years since they played an attractive brand of Rugby. I gave up on the game altogether after watching a Bledisloe game a few years back and falling asleep.

I found Rugby more enjoyable to play than League.

strider

Post Whore
I don't think anything Cannon said was unfair, although it definitely needed proof reading because a lot of it was emotion charged....

disagree totally - the guy is a dickhead .... if all Tahu said is what gronk wrote, ie in HIS OPINION, HE feels more passion pulling on a SOO jersey than a wallaby OR kangaroo jersey, then brendan cannon is a twat for even taking offence - seriously .... and to then go on a childish public name calling rant makes a mockery of the whole union people are more civilised thing :lol:

Tahu never said, union is sh*t I regret ever going there .... he never said, all those positives I said about union before are bullsh*t (they still stand, nothing he said has contradicted them) ..... he simply said HE feels more playing SOO than anything else big that he's done - ffs he's even acknowledging that the wallabies and kangaroos are big things by saying it, just that he feels more playing SOO

strider

Post Whore
Well it's not really a game for stupid people that's all....

Most of them are well educated and could teach the league guys a thing or two about how to speak in front of people :p
cos public name calling is so well educated :?