What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Board Report

Maroubra Eel

Coach
It's not how I read it, but it is a possible interpretation.

If so, I think the letter is poorly written piece of communication and could have made its case in that regard much better.

The point has been made that it was the first communication with all members from the club's chairperson, and the first time the club's new CEO appointment has been mentioned to the members (but without any explanation).

Where were the job advertisements? I'm not sure internal appointments that did not test the job market or candidate base can be considered "good governance" (as the letter claims the Board have been pursuing)?

I think it's strange too. When Ozzie was appointed leagues club CEO I remember getting an email about it. This report was the first I knew about Bob Bentley taking over as leagues club CEO.

Glenn

First Grade
So where did Bob Bentley (any relation to former Panthers play Col Bentley??) come from, and what are his credentials to be CEO of the Leagues Club.

Gronk

Staff member
I read the board report, and for me it raised more questions than it answered.

I have shown the report to a number of members who are not part of our online community and they have voice the same concerns to me, they wonder about some of the points raised in the report and believe it raised more questions than it answers.

On a looking at the big picture here, the Board has engaged its detractors with fire, It will be interesting to see how this election campaign goes from here. I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens when Hadley gets back from India for round 2.

All I can say is it is interesting times.

Also thank you to Jodeci for stating that Indeed I don't mind change. But I want to see change for the better. As long as the club improves on all fronts then I am happy.

I was in the car yesterday and heard Hadley speak of the contents of the letter. He pretty much said what others have said here that it skips over important issues and shifts blame.

In closing he said that he has lost respect for Spag and should Spag provide him with todays weather report he would think that he would be better off sticking his head out the window and looking for himself in the future - or words to that effect. I think that means that he thinks that Spag is selective with the truth.

eel01s

Bench
According to the report:

* DA didn't want Mateo, Inu and KK.
* DA and PO sign Maitua and Webb.

So what part does PO play in the recruitment? Is he acting purely on the coach's instruction? If he is merely getting the contracts negotiated and signed, why the need to mention him in relation to Maitua and Webb?

IMO, the Club has signed and released players based on the blessing of the Board and the incoming coach. I cannot believe that DA would be allowed to start getting the side he wants, if there was no intention for him to be coaching in 2011. The club has to be more professional than that if it want on field success.

ParraAds

Juniors
So where did Bob Bentley (any relation to former Panthers play Col Bentley??) come from, and what are his credentials to be CEO of the Leagues Club.

He came from an HR position with a council... somewhere out near Penrith or the Blue Mountains if I recall correctly.

He then started his tenure at PLC as HR Manager. Then, when Cofrancesco was given the boot, Bentley was promoted to CEO. I believe this was only a few months after he began at PLC.

Strange.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I was in the car yesterday and heard Hadley speak of the contents of the letter. He pretty much said what others have said here that it skips over important issues and shifts blame.

In closing he said that he has lost respect for Spag and should Spag provide him with todays weather report he would think that he would be better off sticking his head out the window and looking for himself in the future - or words to that effect. I think that means that he thinks that Spag is selective with the truth.

i heard him this morning sorta

was saying something about Kolc

didn't really catch it. had something to with putting something out to tender

whatever it was it sounded like he was defending him because he had a go at Spagnolo

From what I have heard.

Mr Bentley was the head of HR at the Blue Mountains Council, which was investigated by Mr Finlay, upon the previous HR manager being fired, Mr Finlay recommended Mr Bentley to our club.

But I am happy to be corrected on that.

fish eel

Immortal
while such a big saving may sound great in the report, so does the $11M turn around in club finances. Since we know the change in finances is mainly due to the way it is reported and the sale of assets, we can judge it mainly to be spin. We do not know anything about the cleaning contract to be able to make a fair judgement either way, we do not even know if they are comparing "like" contracts, it could be for a totally different scope of works for all we know.

i heard him this morning sorta

was saying something about Kolc

didn't really catch it. had something to with putting something out to tender

whatever it was it sounded like he was defending him because he had a go at Spagnolo

But really, who gives a toss what Hadley says?

Tony Bongo

Bench

Hadley has LOST respect for Spag ? When did he ever have respect for him?:-k

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm confused. So bentley is CEO of the leagues club and appointed by the leagues club board. And Ozzy is CEO of the football club appointed by the football club board.

Is this correct?

ParraAds

Juniors
From what I have heard.

Mr Bentley was the head of HR at the Blue Mountains Council, which was investigated by Mr Finlay, upon the previous HR manager being fired, Mr Finlay recommended Mr Bentley to our club.

So Findlay recommends to Cofrancesco that Bentley be hired as HR Manager?

Then Findlay digs dirt on Cofrancesco to get him booted and Bentley is promoted to CEO?

Then Bentley is the boss and can keep giving work to Findlay??

:roll:

born an eel

Bench
According to the report:

* DA didn't want Mateo, Inu and KK.
* DA and PO sign Maitua and Webb.

So what part does PO play in the recruitment? Is he acting purely on the coach's instruction? If he is merely getting the contracts negotiated and signed, why the need to mention him in relation to Maitua and Webb?

IMO, the Club has signed and released players based on the blessing of the Board and the incoming coach. I cannot believe that DA would be allowed to start getting the side he wants, if there was no intention for him to be coaching in 2011. The club has to be more professional than that if it want on field success.
the question I have about player retention is, do the board think we should have matched the rumoured $400K+ contract Mateo signed?

If we retained the above players on similar contracts to what they are going to receive elsewhere there would not be the money available to sign an experienced half as we are now trying, what would of they have done to improve our direction on the field?

Glenn

First Grade
He came from an HR position with a council... somewhere out near Penrith or the Blue Mountains if I recall correctly.

He then started his tenure at PLC as HR Manager. Then, when Cofrancesco was given the boot, Bentley was promoted to CEO. I believe this was only a few months after he began at PLC.

Strange.

From what I have heard.

Thanks for that ParraAds and MITS
Seems strange that it was a relativly quick unannounced/unadvertised promotion from HR to CEO for him. :?

born an eel

Bench
So Findlay recommends to Cofrancesco that Bentley be hired as HR Manager?

Then Findlay digs dirt on Cofrancesco to get him booted and Bentley is promoted to CEO?

Then Bentley is the boss and can keep giving work to Findlay??

:roll:
you should read the fair work transcript for Delaney v parra, it is even better.
http://www.fwa.gov.au/FWAISYS/isysquery/a76515ee-eb8f-4932-b563-27080b4fdfce/2/doc/

It appears Cofrancesco was very much in the middle of Delaneys sacking and received a promotion before being sacked himself.

Mr Nofal’s is mentioned in the evidence as reporting to Delaney but after her dismissal is appointed to a role that is now a higher level than that previously held by Delaney.

Jodeci

Bench
the question I have about player retention is, do the board think we should have matched the rumoured $400K+ contract Mateo signed?

If we retained the above players on similar contracts to what they are going to receive elsewhere there would not be the money available to sign an experienced half as we are now trying, what would of they have done to improve our direction on the field?

Mateo didn't sign anything near that amount

Sangreal 86

Juniors

You are kidding Gronk, Hadley lost respect for Roy, he never had respect for any person who would stand against his mate. Over many years I have seen the respect shown by Hadley to good people, and some who have been very close to him...he is a fair weather sailor and we will see how he can ethically protect his mate in the future. There is another very powerful man within the same network as Hadley who wants full detail...very interesting times ahead.

It is sad on this site to see even when you are shown the truth, you just throw the baby out with the bath water.