What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Board Report

Sangreal 86

Juniors
To my way of reading the report has done this by claiming him as a competitor and claiming conflict of interest, unless I am very much mistaken Peter Wynn sells more merchandise than just Parramatta supporter gear and across a variety of sporting codes.
And to even have concerns he is doing this as some sort of agenda from someone else is again to my way of thinking attempting to discredit him.
We need to take the candidates on face value, and not attempt to link them to the past, but let there records speak for themselves

Mate can you please actually read what I have posted, Peter's business is in direct opposition to our shop, end of story. Again I repeat, I am sure something could be worked out if Peter were to run and be successful.

My way of thinking mate would never to discredit Peter, so I do not know why you continue down this path. My comment on the past was based on Peter being close mates with Denis, and I am of the opinion that Peter should run on his own beliefs and not that of Denis's agenda. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am in no way linking "Wally" with anything from the past, but I look forward to the past records to start speaking for themselves.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
And yet, you chose to sign up to defend your buddies to all the 'snakes' hiding behind a forum alias? :lol:

Does the report answer where the leaks within came from on issues such as Caylo's retirement, or even how those issues were handled?? Does it address player/coach/board disharmony that has been reported?? Of course not, because that's something that just might have been the fault of the current board.

I don't claim to have a great incite, but hey, at the end of the day, my vote holds the same weight as yours 'mate'.

The disgraceful leaking of the Nathan Cayless retirement, falls completely on management, not board. The person who leak this should have been sacked in my opinion.

Yes mate your vote does hold the same weight, just form an opinion on fact and not red mist or blind loyalty.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
And yet, you chose to sign up to defend your buddies to all the 'snakes' hiding behind a forum alias? :lol:

Does the report answer where the leaks within came from on issues such as Caylo's retirement, or even how those issues were handled?? Does it address player/coach/board disharmony that has been reported?? Of course not, because that's something that just might have been the fault of the current board.

I don't claim to have a great incite, but hey, at the end of the day, my vote holds the same weight as yours 'mate'.

I signed up here to give the people on this forum a direct voice to my so called buddies.

Snakes hiding behind alias was directly at you and a few others. Avid banter for something you love is good, but you have to show respect for people you have never met, and their opinions.

Parra Guru

Coach
The disgraceful leaking of the Nathan Cayless retirement, falls completely on management, not board. The person who leak this should have been sacked in my opinion.

Yes mate your vote does hold the same weight, just form an opinion on fact and not red mist or blind loyalty.

well sorry Sevens but I thought I was expressing an opinion.... and you clearly don't know me very well as a poster or have read many of my posts if you think I've got loyalties either way. Let me make it a little clearer for you:

I LIKE MANY PEOPLE HERE WAS HAPPY TO SEE CHANGE BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE THE NEW BOARD(S) IMMUNE TO CRITICISM.

Perhaps if I did know people within the club, like you, I could come on here and preach to the forum about what I knew....

However I don't, so I'm just calling it as I see it.... shock horror I know... Imagine that on a public forum.

In future I'll try to be a little more sensitive of your feelings next time it involves one of your friends.

born an eel

Bench
Mark IMO the board have not "engaged its detractors with fire" enough, as the campaign against this board and the leaks from within this club by supposedly professional people is a disgrace. The puppeteer directing all this sh*t will finally have his strings cut, and unfortunately good people will be judged by association. Hadley can bleet away to his hearts content, but some facts would be appropriate now and again.
sevens, is this a reference to the board trying to remove DF's life membership/membership and if so why couldn't this subject been mentioned directly in "the report" instead of dancing around the true issue?

born an eel

Bench
I signed up here to give the people on this forum a direct voice to my so called buddies.

Snakes hiding behind alias was directly at you and a few others. Avid banter for something you love is good, but you have to show respect for people you have never met, and their opinions.
I find it good of you to take question from us fellow members and explain what you know but regret that most of these threads soon get deleted as people do not show respect particularly to you, sevens. To be absolutly clear, I do not see you as being the person who is responsible for these threads being deleted.

born an eel

Bench
Still it is an interesting way to treat a long term sponsor of the club.

Either way on the Conflict of interest, my read on the situation is as long as he doesn't run for the leagues club board, no conflict would arise.

If he ran for the LC board, and was successful he would have to excuse himself from any discussions in relation to the merchandise store.
does Mario remove himself from discussions re:catering at the leagues. Dooleys has been seen as a direct competitor and somebody has been sacked for showing sensitive details to their catering manager, I do not see how Bankstown sports can be seen as anything but a direct competitor and an owner of a catering business gets to see our sensitive reports.

I would actually want both Mario and Peter involved in the running of the leagues club as they have both been successful in their chosen business and would expect them to have professional integrity to do the best for parra.

fish eel

Immortal

TBH I don't think you can say Sevens has been hiding behind an alias on here, he has been quite open about who he is.

cv8z

Juniors
does Mario remove himself from discussions re:catering at the leagues. Dooleys has been seen as a direct competitor and somebody has been sacked for showing sensitive details to their catering manager, I do not see how Bankstown sports can be seen as anything but a direct competitor and an owner of a catering business gets to see our sensitive reports.

I would actually want both Mario and Peter involved in the running of the leagues club as they have both been successful in their chosen business and would expect them to have professional integrity to do the best for parra.
With all due respect, theyre at least 30 mins apart so how is that in direct competition?
there are improvements on the way RE the food in the club anyway

born an eel

Bench
With all due respect, theyre at least 30 mins apart so how is that in direct competition?
there are improvements on the way RE the food in the club anyway
not my call, it's the clubs
[50] Mr Cofrancesco and Ms Wallace both gave evidence that they considered Dooleys to be a competitor club. Mr Cofrancesco’s evidence is that the clubs were approximately 10 kms apart. Most of the respondent’s members live within 10-20 kms of the Club and his evidence is that any other club within that area is seen as a competitor. In addition, his evidence is that Dooleys had recently become very active in seeking new members.http://www.fwa.gov.au/FWAISYS/isysquery/8f1a9a51-2280-4f3e-a2cc-68e815cc92ea/2/doc/

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=e...B3GGGL_enAU271AU271&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

El Diablo

Post Whore
Sevens, how many other people are privvy to all the board info you get?

shouldn't it be confidential and only released by board members?

Tony Bongo

Bench

I have a confession to make. My surname is not Bongo. I made it up. Sorry if I mislead anyone.:sarcasm:

lingard

Coach
According to the report:

* DA didn't want Mateo, Inu and KK.
* DA and PO sign Maitua and Webb.

So what part does PO play in the recruitment? Is he acting purely on the coach's instruction? If he is merely getting the contracts negotiated and signed, why the need to mention him in relation to Maitua and Webb?

IMO, the Club has signed and released players based on the blessing of the Board and the incoming coach. I cannot believe that DA would be allowed to start getting the side he wants, if there was no intention for him to be coaching in 2011. The club has to be more professional than that if it want on field success.

This is the bit I don`t get - if Anderson didn`t want Kris Keating (I`ve got no problem with that), why did he continue to select him in first grade? We were clearly struggling in the halves, and we had another possible option in Humble (whom he selected for six games where he clearly outplayed Keating, and then dropped him back to Wenty) but he continues to select Keating even though he doesn`t want him. Either the guy was an idiot, or there were other forces at play. Surely. And of course, we struggled in the hooker position as well, and had Anthony Mitchell waiting in the wings, but Anderson preferred Kris Keating there too at times. I really don`t get it. Then again, if Anderson really was that clueless (or stubborn) maybe it`s a good thing the board sacked him. Maybe they did a great thing. None of us will ever know. (But there are a hell of a lot on this forum who`d like to think they know :lol: )

Suitman

Post Whore
This is the bit I don`t get - if Anderson didn`t want Kris Keating (I`ve got no problem with that), why did he continue to select him in first grade? We were clearly struggling in the halves, and we had another possible option in Humble (whom he selected for six games where he clearly outplayed Keating, and then dropped him back to Wenty) but he continues to select Keating even though he doesn`t want him. Either the guy was an idiot, or there were other forces at play. Surely. And of course, we struggled in the hooker position as well, and had Anthony Mitchell waiting in the wings, but Anderson preferred Kris Keating there too at times. I really don`t get it. Then again, if Anderson really was that clueless (or stubborn) maybe it`s a good thing the board sacked him. Maybe they did a great thing. None of us will ever know. (But there are a hell of a lot on this forum who`d like to think they know :lol: )

Can't let the lack of facts get in the way of a good whinge. So long as we can tear strips off the board based on rumour and innuendo.

Suity

born an eel

Bench
Can't let the lack of facts get in the way of a good whinge. So long as we can tear strips off the ex-coach based on rumour and innuendo.

TBH I don't think you can say Sevens has been hiding behind an alias on here, he has been quite open about who he is.

Yet he posts...

Snakes hide behind things, just as you are here, behind "Parra Guru".

Snakes hiding behind alias was directly at you and a few others.

Sorry, Sevens, but PG is well known and has never sought to hide herself in real life. Just because you don't know who she is does not mean she is not known and does not have to stand behind her comments. It does not mean she hides behind an alias in order to make comments.

Knowing her as I do, she would not flinch from anything posted here if asked about it in person. She would never refuse to identify her posting name in person. She's a regular attender of both home and away games, a regular mingler amongst long time Eels fans and posters on this forum.

To use that tired old internet cliche as an excuse to call her a coward is very low.

Once again, just because you don't know who she is doesn't meaning she is using an alias to hide. I've had a couple of chats to you and have always thought you were a pretty decent bloke. I never thought those cheap kind of comments would be your style.