What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers U20

greenfins

Juniors
For f**k sake Melville, make some changes in the forwards. Starting to get a little embrassing these scores lines.

murraymob

Coach
Blake Austin is due back soon that will help.There is no doubt injury is hurting the team.As for making changes its not first grade with a large pool of players

franklin2323

Immortal
who if any will they take from the ball

I wouldn't use ball yet. Simon Gregory, South & a few others are in Bundy Cup. Surely can't be worse then the current rubbish dished up. Sure Canberra aren't a bad team but those performances can't be tolerated

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I have always rated South. Wouldn't mind seeing him getting a shot, whats happened to William Beale?

I guess from SG Ball they would take Satini, perhaps Jennings too. Regan has a real tough attitude but maybe a bit small. Cartwright is a year young but if we are no chance of making the 8 later in the year they should give him a shot.

Bob

Juniors
I have always rated South. Wouldn't mind seeing him getting a shot, whats happened to William Beale?

I guess from SG Ball they would take Satini, perhaps Jennings too. Regan has a real tough attitude but maybe a bit small. Cartwright is a year young but if we are no chance of making the 8 later in the year they should give him a shot.
William Beale has been playing Bundy Red Cup at Windsor

franklin2323

Immortal
Was he named in the side the past 2 weeks?

Last week he played halfback. So there's another option without using Ball players yet. They are just finding form use the players at Windsor with the current players let ball finish the season then bring them up

greenfins

Juniors
Blake Austin is due back soon that will help.There is no doubt injury is hurting the team.As for making changes its not first grade with a large pool of players

Melville has a huge squad, time for some changes.

Austin is sorely missed, but the forwards just not bending the line in attack, the backs can't do much if the platform is not laid by the forwards.

stretcher

Juniors
Melville has a huge squad, time for some changes.

Austin is sorely missed, but the forwards just not bending the line in attack, the backs can't do much if the platform is not laid by the forwards.
Spot on green fins but ithink they need a hooker who bends the line and keeps them guessing and they have one playing bundy cup what a joke it has become they have another midget like mahoney last year in the side who missed 8 tackles i read on the weekend and damien cook refuses to tackle ive watched him purposely and he hides and you cant hide in the 20s bring in blake south at least he tackles and runs the ball ...open your eyes melville and stop picking favourites or you will be out of a job to....

BOMAR

Juniors
Just read the team list,and noticed they have austin playing lock this week. What games are they playing their. He has some of the best stats in the comp at 5/8. Apparantly I must have missed where someone else has played that good, that they could keep him out of his position. And what does tia kilifi have to do to get a starting spot. He has been one of the best forwards out there this year.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think Austin plays a lock type of role so it shouldn't have too bad of an affect. I think think they see Tia-Kilifi as an impact player, The problem is the workhorse pack they are picking aren't having an impact maybe it's time to bite the bullet & start him

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought I read somewhere in the magazine which is handed out at home games the club rates the current crop of Under 20's and are likely to retain approximately 10 or so of the playing group. I must be missing somehere I thought we had been well and truly flogged in at least three of our games to date and on the evidence of what I have seen you'd be stretching it to find five or so worth keeping.

Fibroman

First Grade
We have a big junior base, but we have a sh*t junior base. Too many big, fat, pea hearts and not enought young blokes ready to go out and put their bodies on the line for mein fuhrer.

kanga

Juniors
I think Austin plays a lock type of role so it shouldn't have too bad of an affect. I think think they see Tia-Kilifi as an impact player, The problem is the workhorse pack they are picking aren't having an impact maybe it's time to bite the bullet & start him
Hi franklin

Just curious, but from what I saw on foxtel from Austin was a guy with high potential to be an alround good or better 5/8. His kicking and game control on that day was something to be admired.

If penrith dont push the potential of this guy as a 5/8, then they are crazy or stupid. I just dont see what you are seeing with the 'lock' type of game you mention.

Can you explain what you mean by your comment compared to what I have seen. Maybe you have seen more games than I have as I have only taken interest in the 20's this year, looking at the future of penrith players, but that still does not negate the potential I saw in this guy.

As far as the forwards, they really are letting the team down. They dont seem to be able to make much of an impact with breaking through the lines. Dengate seems to be doing well feeding the ball and getting the play to move quickly.

Last edited:

half_back

Juniors
Good to see a much improved performance. The side looked much more balanced with austin back at 6 and Moylan at 1 in his return from injury.