What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Friend

Izz

Bench
Interesting sound bite from Nathan Friend on the radio news this morning - 'I'm coming to play 80 mins a game.'
And apparently one of the reasons he signed is because he wants to work with Cleary and Iro (apparently he almost put a clause in his contract saying he'd only come over if Cleary was coach in 2012).

NZ Warrior

First Grade
And apparently one of the reasons he signed is because he wants to work with Cleary and Iro (apparently he almost put a clause in his contract saying he'd only come over if Cleary was coach in 2012).

I'm actually heartened by that. It's good to hear a high quality player say that about our coaches.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors

That sounds like a load of Bull

hitman82

Bench
Without meaning to sound paranoid, that may simply be because Cleary has promised to select him as our 80 minute hooker every week - so if Cleary wasn't there, Friend's game time may not be guaranteed.

So if we have an 80 minute hooker in the squad, is there still room for a "super sub" of the Lance variety? Because in reality all a "super sub" tends to be is a versatile hooker/half.
If we enter 2012 with Mateo still playing 6, it may make sense using Lance as a sub for him.

Juniors
When i said apparently, i meant to say 'i listened to him say that on the radio this morning.' Whether or not he meant it is another story.

It's alright bro I'm not saying you're a load of Bull, anyone who says 'they want to be coached by Cleary' is load of Bull

What does Cleary bring as a coach

JAG

Juniors
Never, but I suspect he probably spoke to a few people who have been before signing the contract.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
So you know exactly what he does/brings to the club bu his interviews to the media or here say from supposed 'club insiders'? I'm not a huge Cleary fan but to be fair he has only really missed the finals once.

Meth

Staff member
One thing's for sure, Friend is more in the know about Cleary/Iro than any of us.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Hopefully this news will motivate Heremaia/Mara/Berrigan to play out of their skins this season. Especially Heremaia he will be playing for his career.

Juniors
So you know exactly what he does/brings to the club bu his interviews to the media or here say from supposed 'club insiders'? I'm not a huge Cleary fan but to be fair he has only really missed the finals once.

2007 - 4/16 - Gutless against Cowboys
2008 - 8/16 - Was a fluke through a last minute try against Melbourne
2009 - 14/16 - Sad
2010 - 5/16 - Gutless against the Titans
2011 - ???

Isn't 5 years long enough?

Maybe Friend signed coz Bennett has fooled everyone and coming to the Warriors :crazy:

or Bluey - He deserves another coaching crack