What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW team for Game III?

Pazza

First Grade
1.Minichello
2.Uate
3.Gasnier
4.J Morris (No Hoppa, Jennings or Cooper)
5.Hayne
6.Soward
7.Pierce
8.Mannah
9.Ennis
10.Gallen (c)
11.Scott
12.Creagh
13.Bird

14.Gidley
15.Merrin
16.Watmough
17.Lewis

chrisD

Coach
1. Mini
2. Uate
3. Gaz
4. Lewis
5. Hayne
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9 Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Scott
12. Watmough
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. TLL
16. Creagh
17. Sims

Play them while they're hot.

timka4

Bench
Such a strong and talented side, and will only improve as time progresses. But Queensland will crtainly come out firing, and will be far better than in Game II...
That's what I think, I've read and heard a lot of QLDers saying that we only won game 2 because QLD played average (although part of that was because how well we played).
QLD will be better for game 3, but so will we IMO. Our backline plays worked 50/50, but the other times we still seemed a little flat and some plays between the halves and backrowers and centres didn't pull off.
IMO we have the greater improvement for game 3 and we can match it with QLD at the top.

My team for game 3.

1. Minichello
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Gaz
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Farah (it will be Ennis, the only consistent good thing I have seem him do is presser Lockyer and Thurston on 5th tackle, other than that it just looks like he is going to force a penalty)
10. Gallen (C)
11. Scott
12. Creagh (was pretty impressed with him last night, made some good metres behind the ruck and defended well, seemed to go better starting on the field)
13. Bird

14. TLL
15. Gidley
16. Watmough
17. Lewis

Notaleaver

Juniors
jennings to come in for the injured hopa,

MAYBE replace Merrin (although this seems likely considering sticky gave him limited minutes)

thats it, keep the count and keep the menace for the sake of consistency

thats it

Dragon2010

First Grade
should be if not maybe lewis at centre, just anyone but idris

Due back in a month so he will miss Game III

JHayne to centre.
Brett Stewart to wing.

Surely Stewart has the health and mental capacity to play wing at least? I don't want Morris there at all.

Last edited:

timka4

Bench
Due back in a month so he will miss Game III

JHayne to centre.
Brett Stewart to wing.

Surely Stewart has the health and mental capacity to play wing at least? I don't want Morris there at all.
I'll play anyone there as long as Idris and Morris don't play

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Mini
2. Hayne
3. Jennings or Lewis
4. Gaz
5. Aku
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Ennis
10. Gallen (c)
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Bird

14. TLL
15. Gids
16. Watmough
17. Lewis or Sims (I'd only go with Sims, if Lewis plays centre)

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lewis is a gun, but geez we'll lose some pace and strikepower if he plays centre.. the guys a backrower!

mxlegend99

Referee
Lewis is a gun, but geez we'll lose some pace and strikepower if he plays centre.. the guys a backrower!
Might lose a bit of pace, but we won't lose any strike power. He's big and strong and is great at busting tackles. He's also reasonably quick for his size and would offer more pace then Idris. But most importantly he's a strong defender and if Hodges is right for Game 3 would be one of the best options to help shut him down.

His winger would definitely love having him at centre. He draws in the defence and will pass to his winger.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Might lose a bit of pace, but we won't lose any strike power. He's big and strong and is great at busting tackles. He's also reasonably quick for his size and would offer more pace then Idris. But most importantly he's a strong defender and if Hodges is right for Game 3 would be one of the best options to help shut him down.

His winger would definitely love having him at centre. He draws in the defence and will pass to his winger.

Fair point, I often find myself forgetting the guy used to play on the wing!

It sounds as though Jenno won't be back and Idris is not an option so I wonder if Sticky will put Lewis out wide

mxlegend99

Referee
He always gives little reminders that he used to play in the backs with things like that try against QLD. That was a wingers try. He looks so natural under kicks.

He has lost a bit of pace since bulking up for the forwards, but that has made him so much more dangerous. His strength helps him bust tackles more then the pace did. Alhough I can't picture him running 80+ metres to score a try with guys like Slater chasing.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Hmmmm Lewis to the centres could work quite well

My only concern is will we be weakening the best advantage we have by moving him off the bench ie: our skilled, mobile forward rotation? We would need to bring in someone similar to keep the balance

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Assuming it's worse case scenario, and Scott, Creagh and Hopoate are all out:

1. Mini
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Mannah
9. Ennis