What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney in trouble yet again?

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
When will he actually do something worth getting upset about?

Nobody complained about Wing, Minichiello, Fittler and co getting on the turps up the cross everyweek.

The fact he has broken a club policy means he has no respect for his team mates/club/fans.

Wing, Mini and Freddy weren't breaking club's policy every month, no comparison between carney and those blokes.

Carney has the potential to be the best, sadly he is too much of a wanker to realise.

Last edited:
They were banned from the Cross.

You guys get sucked in by the media about culture and all that other bullshit, I really don't care what the club does anymore.

Monk

Referee
The fact he has broken a club policy means he has no respect for his team mates/club/fans.

Wing, Mini and Freddy weren't breaking club's policy every month, no comparison between carney and those blokes.

Carney has the potential to be the best, sadly he is too much of a wanker to realise.

By club policy are you referring to this "no alcohol pact"?

If so, then nowhere that i've seen has it been proven that he did anything yet.

boo_boo

Juniors
I agree with TT on this one.
The papers report it to sensationalise what should have been a nothing incident not worth mentioning.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
By club policy are you referring to this "no alcohol pact"?

If so, then nowhere that i've seen has it been proven that he did anything yet.

If you were talking about any other player, I wouldn't jump to conclusions but carney has a history for this and the list keeps growing. I hope I'm wrong!

adamkungl

Immortal
The Rorters are a joke,the team signed a no drinks pact what a joke.Carney is a joke,if there is any scrap of credibility left at the NRL he and his tatts will be deregistered for life,and he will have to work for a living like any other member of the community.How much more sympathy,or how many more last chances can we give this grub,the rorters will be better off without him.
Oh hang on Uncle Nick will come to the rescue.

Lol yeah i'm sure he'll be de-registered for allegedly breaking a team pact. Fmd there are some simple merkins on LU

Dragons01

First Grade
They have done nothing illegal. The problem for Carney is that his team mates can't trust him or his word. Any NRL team will tell you to be successful you have to trust the guy playing along side you. How can Anasta and co trust anything that comes out of Carneys mouth.

It has nothing to do with some 'team pact' but everything to do with the conditions that the Roosters put on Carney after his drink driving incident and one of those conditions was no alcohol. Never mind the 'team pact' Carney should not have needed to be part of that because he shouldn't have been drinking to start with.

Monk

Referee
Source:

Carney to fight for NRL career

Todd Carney will again fight to save his NRL career when he fronts a Sydney Roosters disciplinary hearing into allegations of yet another alcohol-related indiscretion.

The Dally M medallist along with team-mates Nate Myles and Frank-Paul Nuuausala will be asked to explain their actions on Wednesday morning after it was confirmed the trio had broken a team alcohol ban on Monday night.

"The Sydney Roosters NRL playing squad made the commitment last week to avoid alcohol consumption for a two-week period," the club said in a statement.

"The club can confirm that the players were at two Eastern Suburbs establishments on Monday night."

It was reported the club was notified of the escapade by a cab driver, who claimed he drove the players from one hotel to another about 2am (AEST) on Tuesday.

All three were named in the side to play St George Illawarra on Sunday but it's likely they will be stood down for the match as punishment.

That might not be the end of the matter for Carney, however, with the former Test representative believed to be on his last chance with the club after previous misdemeanours.

The club will certainly be under pressure from NRL chief executive David Gallop to take a firm stand after he was given personal assurances by Carney earlier this year that he would get his life back on track.

Gallop has already accepted Carney back into the NRL fraternity once after he was sacked by Canberra in 2008.

With no evidence of any anti-social conduct, Monday night's breach would normally be viewed as a relatively minor affair - most likely resulting in a fine and short-term suspension.

But Carney has already been stood down once this year following a long drinking session with former team-mate Anthony Watts in April.

While Watts has since been released without playing a game for the club, Carney was suspended with the Roosters declaring they would step up medical support for his alcohol-related issues.

At the time, Gallop said Carney's blatant disregard for promises to stay away from alcohol showed how troubled the 25-year-old was.

"To go to the (Kings) Cross, where he was bound to be seen, to me shows that he is very much a troubled person at the moment, and that makes me sad for him," Gallop said in April.

On the surface, it appears little has changed, however, and his on-field performances are a shadow of the dizzying heights of 2010.

The Roosters refused to comment on what possible sanctions Carney was facing but, eventually, one last chance will prove to be just that.

There has always been a feeling that Carney's obvious playing talents made the club more willing to put up with his indiscretions but, with his form on the wane and the Roosters battling to avoid the wooden spoon, this latest incident might finally prove the last straw.

That was the hard call made by Canberra three years ago, when Carney refused to accept a five-point rehabilitation plan.

He was sacked and banished to park football, with the NRL refusing to register another contract for him until 2010.

He'll get sacked so the club can save face from human scum like the editor at the Telecrap, the obese parasite on radio and all the dickhead fans of other teams who suck up the propaganda from the above cretins who want to see a player sacked they can point and laugh at a team and get on their high horse.

Infact, I hope that if he does get sacked he sues the club for unfair dismissal.

Dragons01

First Grade
TT - if certain conditions were placed on Carney after the last incident and he and his manager agreed to those conditions. eg: no alcohol then I don't see how he can claim unfair dismissal. I would be more disappointed in Myles and co. What type of mates knowing a young guy has alcohol related issues, goes out with him on the drink? Especially knowing his history.

Monk

Referee
No way the Roosters sack him, another club (ala SouffZ) will just pick him up.

The NRL needs to step up and take care of this.

If it's even a problem that is.

Thanks to Reni Maitua he would have the chance to present his case to the IRC and smarter people than me would be able to handle it. Drinking during a so called handshake pact between mates is hardly a fair offence to be sacked for.

Why would you be disappointed with Myles? Why do you think he was let go for next year? It's right there in the article.

adamkungl

Immortal
telecrap said:
The club will certainly be under pressure from NRL chief executive David Gallop to take a firm stand after he was given personal assurances by Carney earlier this year that he would get his life back on track.

Watts allegedly belting his missus and catching a cab at night, possibly while drinking = off the rails?

Galactaphonic

Juniors

Souths have a no dickhead policy.
The Sydney Roosters do not. That's why they have 13 of them in their side.

Ice-Tiger

Juniors
TT - if certain conditions were placed on Carney after the last incident and he and his manager agreed to those conditions. eg: no alcohol then I don't see how he can claim unfair dismissal. I would be more disappointed in Myles and co. What type of mates knowing a young guy has alcohol related issues, goes out with him on the drink? Especially knowing his history./QUOTE]

Although he has done nothing wrong, he made a promise, and blatantly ignored the promise.

I also agree that Nate Myles (If he lured Carney to drink) should be sacked instantly.

I think Todd should just get fined, but I can understand if the club decide to sack him. Its just too much bad publicity.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal

Don't worry about someone taking him if your mob does sack him. Second chances come around every now and then, third chances rarely do. Especially for a player who hasn't been much good this year ON the field.

Kokora

Juniors
If it was Myles, FPN and say....Aubusson in the cab do you think the Cabbie would have called the club?.

Was Hayne sacked or fined by Parra a couple of weeks ago for his misdemeanor? Was he drinking on a school night?

No excuses, but much ado about nothing

News limited love this crap and you Souffs fans have limited or short memories of what they did to you guys.