What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney in trouble yet again?

From the Daily Telegraph:

ROOSTERS officials have launched an investigation into reports that star trio Nate Myles, Todd Carney and Frank-Paul Nu'uausala broke a team booze ban in the early hours of this morning.

The Daily Telegraph has learned that a cab driver phoned the club earlier today to inform officials of a fare they hailed between a Double Bay hotel and an Oxford St pub late last night.

The players have been contacted and are expected to be questioned later today.

The latest drama to beset the Bondi club comes just over a week after the entire team agreed to embark on a fortnight-long alcohol ban, in the wake of concerns from the senior player group over deteriorating off-field behaviour.

The story will be detailed as more comes to hand.
Roosters fans would be hoping (praying) nothing much comes of this.

Poor bloke has serious issues. How many life lines can the chooks give him? Such a naturally talented footballer...I can't see how he can get out of this.

Didgi

Geez, do these guys just never learn?

Whilst what they allegedly did was wrong, that cab driver needs to be taken somewhere and shown how to shut his bloody mouth, what a rat.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Sack Carney, Myles and FPN.

Time to lay the law down.

Granted they didn't engage in any anti-social behaviour but they broke team rules. AGAIN.

Carney is a disease that needs to go. Myles is a pea-hearted dog who is leaving anyway. And FPN is an overrated mistake riddled cat who has given us an opportunity to be rid of him so we can re-sign the likes of JWH and Guerra long term instead.

Goodbye to bad rubbish.

Geez, do these guys just never learn?

Whilst what they allegedly did was wrong, that cab driver needs to be taken somewhere and shown how to shut his bloody mouth, what a rat.

True, but if it wasn't the cabbie it would have been someone else. There's nowhere to hide and how can Carney seriously expect to go out in public, drink and not have anyone report it? He needs to start wearing a fake moustache...

That media outlet is nothing but pure scum.

Did they report about what the boys were doing with mission Australia only 2 or 3 days ago? No, but plenty willing to hype an incident free night that involves people drinking purely to get the public pissed off and on to the website to generate hits.

That media outlet is nothing but pure scum.

Did they report about what the boys were doing with mission Australia only 2 or 3 days ago? No, but plenty willing to hype an incident free night that involves people drinking purely to get the public pissed off and on to the website to generate hits.

The point is that the team made a pact not to drink for 2 weeks. Carney is meant to be a leader...I just feel sorry for him.

StMick

Bench
I'm sorry but if Todd Carney doesn't get sacked THIS time it'll confirm what everyone in rugby league already knows - that at the roosters the lunatics run the assylum.

Update from Roosters Media
Disciplinary committee to determine fate of Carney and Co.
Written by: Sydney Roosters Media
Aug 9, 2011 4:37pm
The Sydney Roosters have scheduled a disciplinary committee meeting to determine the course of action to be taken after three players, Nate Myles, Todd Carney and Frank-Paul Nuuausala, broke a team commitment to refrain from alcohol.
The Sydney Roosters NRL playing squad made the commitment last week to avoid alcohol consumption for a two week period. The club can confirm that the players were at two Eastern Suburbs establishments on Monday night.
Investigations by the club have found no evidence of any anti-social conduct.
The Sydney Roosters disciplinary committee will meet tomorrow morning and until that time, the club will be making no further comment.
Perhaps a slap on the wrist is in order?

Sacked for what, being in a taxi? I'm sorry but nobody gives a f**k about what a merge fan wants when it comes to what happens at the club.

Who gives a flying f**k what pact they made? If they all made an agreement then it's up to them to figure out b

You don't get it TT. How do you expect the club to drag itself out of this hole if they can look their mates in the eye and make a promise, and then break it. It's a slap in face to all of those who look up to the senior players. The 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude has to stop!

Monk

Referee
So three footy players catch a taxi so of course they have been drinking.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

If they were drinking then that's the clubs issue, i'm just thankful that if they WERE drinking (which i doubt they were) then they didn't drive.

Silver lining...

So three footy players catch a taxi so of course they have been drinking.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

If they were drinking then that's the clubs issue, i'm just thankful that if they WERE drinking (which i doubt they were) then they didn't drive.

Silver lining...

A fair point Monk. Let's wait and see...but if they WERE drinking, then the writing is on the wall at Bondi...

The Rorters are a joke,the team signed a no drinks pact what a joke.Carney is a joke,if there is any scrap of credibility left at the NRL he and his tatts will be deregistered for life,and he will have to work for a living like any other member of the community.How much more sympathy,or how many more last chances can we give this grub,the rorters will be better off without him.
Oh hang on Uncle Nick will come to the rescue.

Monk

Referee
Toddy.jpg

When will he actually do something worth getting upset about?

Nobody complained about Wing, Minichiello, Fittler and co getting on the turps up the cross everyweek.

Latest posts