What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney in trouble yet again?

If it was Myles, FPN and say....Aubusson in the cab do you think the Cabbie would have called the club?.

Was Hayne sacked or fined by Parra a couple of weeks ago for his misdemeanor? Was he drinking on a school night?

No excuses, but much ado about nothing

News limited love this crap and you Souffs fans have limited or short memories of what they did to you guys.

The cabbie was so concerned he rang the club--after he dropped them off and took their money, then amazingly the DT get hold of it, the same people who pay for footage of celebrities acting up.

adamkungl

Immortal
Has anyone had a look at the NRL forum thread? I refuse...don't feel like reading the thoughts of dribblers and Canbraaah f**kwits.

Mr Spock!

Referee
The cabbie was so concerned he rang the club--after he dropped them off and took their money, then amazingly the DT get hold of it, the same people who pay for footage of celebrities acting up.

Yep that's what I found weird TT. Find it ridiculous the cabbie would ring the club just to say your boys were on the turps and is now all over the net. Yet we (I) still don't know why Tuqiri was sacked from the rahrahs. They managed to hush that up. If it was players from my club, I wouldn't give a toss. So long as they're performing on the field. Whatever his history, I think sacking Carney would be a massive overreaction.

Mong

Post Whore
Cabbie obviously a bunnies fan..

And lol and TT for missing the point. WTF is wrong with them, especially Carney who has been down this road many times before, they may not have done anything illegal or caused any touble but they all would have known they were doing the wrong thing yet they did it anyhow.

Can understand the calls to sack him remembering it's not a one off and clearly he won't ever learn a lesson about these things.

Have to worry about him if that did happen and where the guy is going to end up from a personal point. It is likely not to be pretty.

Hopefully the NRL feels they have a duty of care and attempts to assist even if he no longer plays.

Yep that's what I found weird TT. Find it ridiculous the cabbie would ring the club just to say your boys were on the turps and is now all over the net. Yet we (I) still don't know why Tuqiri was sacked from the rahrahs. They managed to hush that up. If it was players from my club, I wouldn't give a toss. So long as they're performing on the field. Whatever his history, I think sacking Carney would be a massive overreaction.

Same thing happened with Brett Seymour, people getting paid to dob in a footballer

Mong

Post Whore
Carney isn't performing?

Strange.. TT told us that NSW would have won the origin ifCarney was playing..

How can that be? :)

evil_p091280

Juniors
By club policy are you referring to this "no alcohol pact"?

If so, then nowhere that i've seen has it been proven that he did anything yet.

The Roosters break pacts all the time:-

- Let's defend the line pact
- Let's score a try pact
- Let's win a game pact

No-one appears to get sacked for them breaking these ones...

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
TT - if certain conditions were placed on Carney after the last incident and he and his manager agreed to those conditions. eg: no alcohol then I don't see how he can claim unfair dismissal. I would be more disappointed in Myles and co. What type of mates knowing a young guy has alcohol related issues, goes out with him on the drink? Especially knowing his history.

The club never banned him from drinking actually.

hardbaby

Coach
They have done nothing illegal. The problem for Carney is that his team mates can't trust him or his word. Any NRL team will tell you to be successful you have to trust the guy playing along side you. How can Anasta and co trust anything that comes out of Carneys mouth.

It has nothing to do with some 'team pact' but everything to do with the conditions that the Roosters put on Carney after his drink driving incident and one of those conditions was no alcohol. Never mind the 'team pact' Carney should not have needed to be part of that because he shouldn't have been drinking to start with.

Yep that's how I see it. It's been a bad season for the Roosters. So the team makes a pact not to drink and three senior players blow it. Carney was lucky to survive last time. This time the management has to get rid of him. The players and supporters deserve more.

But it has nothing to do with David Gallop and the NRL. These comments about deregistering him are silly. It was an in-house decision and it should be an in-house solution. The culture needs to change at the Roosters. But if the management can't be bothered, well, they'll just keep on losing.

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
im just quoting this from someone else. "Todd carney is a local at the last chance saloon " He is a grub in $torm proportions. Maybe he can go there.

Me Again

Juniors
No way the Roosters sack him, another club (ala SouffZ) will just pick him up.

The NRL needs to step up and take care of this.

If it's even a problem that is.

ROFL !!!!! if the rooters sack him then another club will just pick him up ??? !!!!! :lol::lol:
You must be cracking jokes, Monk. You might like to talk to a Canberra fan and get their view on your unfknbelievable statement.

But seriously, Toddy is a protected species. Uncle Nick must be in the pockets of a lot of people.
Toddy breaks the law of the land a few months ago, and gets off with a finger tap. There is no such thing as low range DUI when you are on P plates. ( P plates at his age. there is the first alarm bell :?). ZERO alcohol means ZERO alcohol. Unless you are Toddy.
Despite a judge a couple of years ago warning him that if he appears before a magistrate on DUI matters again, that he will be severely dealt with . . . he gets off virtually scot-free.
Based on that, the rooters should give him an award for his latest indiscretion of breaking just a team agreement.
After all, if he gets no penalty for breaking real laws, then why the hell do you punish him for breaking a silly team agreement.

Face it . . . he is a train wreck with an alco problem. If he couldn't half play, we wouldn't even be discussing this.
But the likes of you, uncle nick, and the spineless PC hippy judges will defend him all day.
Until maybe he ploughs through a school crossing after another bender.
Then they will be asking why were all the warning signs ignored.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Whoever came up with the two week alcohol ban should be sacked, it's a ridiculous notion which never works.

Latest posts