What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

born an eel

Bench
That role is slowly being faded out with regards to responsibilites.

SK and Nolan are in charge of ALL recruitment, player signings, etc

The role of the footy manager is to make sure that the players have their oranges and answer questions from the press.

SK and Nolan signed Sandow, Tonga and Hoppa
so who runs the front office?

fair enough if SK and Nolan run the player recruitment etc but you don't want your coach involved in the day to day running of the office, sponsors, ticket sales, membership etc.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Zappia's appointment would be more than a few steps backwards. I would doubt if even the most staunch supporters of the Board would support that move.

Would be interested in hearing Pou Pou, Jake the Snake, Suitman, Mickdo or Bigfella's opinion on this. Yes or no guys ?

I don't really support the board, I'm just against anyone whingeing about them on the internet.

All I know of the board are that the media and whingers on the internet are trying to bring them down. Since I don't like journos or internet whingers, I figure the board can't be that bad.

But for all I know the board might well be a bunch of scumbags. However if that's the case then it's sad for the club, because as far as I can tell, all their opposition are whiny scumbags too.

Would you support the appointment of Tony Zapia as Football Club CEO ? No fence sitting please.

I don't know Zappia personally, but once again he's not very popular with the media or internet whingers. That could either mean that he's a top bloke with no time for idiots, or he really is a shitbag and he deserves everything he gets.

Basically I'm saying I don't know. I understand how important the position of CEO is but my interest in rugby league pretty much stops with the players and coaching staff. Beyond that I don't think anyone's qualified to judge unless they're proper rugby league insiders.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
bit early there Gronk, they can't comment until Roy tells them what the party line will be. :sarcasm:

You wouldn't expect them to show division in the ranks, one in all in. :lol:

You really think I give a f**k about Roy Spagnolo?

I only support him on here because it annoys you idiots. If he left tomorrow it wouldn't change anything in my world.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That role is slowly being faded out with regards to responsibilites.

SK and Nolan are in charge of ALL recruitment, player signings, etc

The role of the footy manager is to make sure that the players have their oranges and answer questions from the press.

Great idea.

Eels Dude

Coach
Zappia may well be qualified but his reputation is terrible after his dealings with Cronulla. The media would have a field day if he were to be made CEO. The suggestion of Buettner is an interesting one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If the position is just a bean-counter and a figurehead to give media announcements, then maybe someone like Buettner is perfect for the job?

bartman

Immortal
I don't really support the board, I'm just against anyone whingeing about them on the internet.
:lol: Wow, where were you on here in times gone by...?

Personally I believe that since we all winged about certain aspects of how our club was poorly administered in the past (which we all did), then now people should be free to whinge about aspects of how the club is poorly administered in the present (which some people do, but they have to suffer attempts like the above to silence them). Imo it's simply a person's right as a fan/member, to have and express an opinion about events and the direction of the club they care so much about.

But as for what happens if Osborne is asked to leave or resign tonight, as a fan/member I hope (same as last time) that the position is openly advertised, and that after granting interviews the club selects the best available person on their merits, and that they have a good year steering our footy operations.

If the review says that Osborne stays in place after tonight, then all well and good and as a fan/member I hope he has a successful year steering our footy operations.

MrT

Juniors
Eels deliver Osborne inquiry verdict

Written by: Parramatta Eels Media
Nov 14, 2011 6:54pm
The Board of the Parramatta National Rugby League Club met tonight to receive the report of an inquiry initiated on 6 October, 2011.

The inquiry was convened to investigate whether there were any probity issues concerning the administration of the Chief Executive of the Club, Mr Paul Osborne.

The issues raised included the Chief Executive's role in staff, sponsorship, and player contracts, together with the use of his Company credit card.

The Board authorised its Deputy Chairman Mr Sid Kelly OAM, Director Mr Mario Libertini, and the Club's solicitor Mr Bryan Belling of Middletons Lawyers to conduct the inquiry.

The report found that there were no probity issues arising with respect to staff, sponsorship and player contracts.

The report also explored in detail the Chief Executive's use of his Company credit card, and is satisfied that all personal expenditure had been reimbursed under his contractual arrangements.

The inquiry identified areas in which contract administration can be improved and action in that respect will be undertaken.

A previous complaint against Mr Osborne by a female staff member was finalised at a Board meeting on 6 October. Whilst that complaint was upheld by the Board, it was of insufficient grounds for any further action.

Source: League Unlimited

HevyDevy

Coach

All I know of the board are that the media and whingers on the internet are trying to bring them down.

That's factually incorrect. The Tele has a very good relationship with the board.

eels_fan

First Grade
Massoud just posted on twitter that Osborne is expected to resign in order for the club to move forward

Paul Osborne has survived the sack but is now expected to resign from @TheParraEels to help the club move forward. #stayofexecution

Source: josh Massoud twitter

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
:lol: Wow, where were you on here in times gone by...?

I never criticised Fitzgerald while he was at the club. Or Brian Smith, Jason Taylor, Michael Hagan, etc. I thought they all did some good things while they were here.

Personally I believe that since we all winged about certain aspects of how our club was poorly administered in the past (which we all did), then now people should be free to whinge about aspects of how the club is poorly administered in the present (which some people do, but they have to suffer attempts like the above to silence them).

Who's trying to silence them? I enjoy calling you a slimy turd, bart. And I love pointing out when you're a whiny little bitch.

If you were silenced I would have none of those pleasures.

So don't think you're not free to piss and moan about the club. But likewise understand that others are free to piss and moan about you.

Imo it's simply a person's right as a fan/member, to have and express an opinion about events and the direction of the club they care so much about.

You don't even need to be a fan or a member to have an opinion about things. Look at the threads in the NRL forum from late 2009. Some of the people with the strongest opinions about the Eels hate the club. ;-)

But as for what happens if Osborne is asked to leave or resign tonight, as a fan/member I hope (same as last time) that the position is openly advertised, and that after granting interviews the club selects the best available person on their merits, and that they have a good year steering our footy operations.

I don't think it makes much difference who they get, to be honest. The media will be sweating on them pulling a face while talking on the phone outside the Leagues Club.

If the review says that Osborne stays in place after tonight, then all well and good and as a fan/member I hope he has a successful year steering our footy operations.

I think whatever happens it was either a witch-hunt or a whitewash. Depending on whom you ask.

MrT

Juniors
Massoud just posted on twitter that Osborne is expected to resign in order for the club to move forward

mmmmm I have my own theories but I'm just speculating. Sounds like to me we'll let you walk with your credibility in tact

Latest posts