What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

Gronk

Staff member
Yep, it's about time that people around here stop posting negatively. It's a good thing then that punting Ossie will be a positive for the club.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yep, it's about time that people around here stop posting negatively. It's a good thing then that punting Ossie will be a positive for the club.

If it's found that he acted inappropriately, yes, he should go. I'm as sick as the next person of our club being dragged through the mud.
If however, he is found to have no case to answer, let's just get on with preparing for 2012 and show some excited anticipation and support not only of our new roster, but coach and club as a whole as well.

I'm really looking forward to next season. I'm just sick of people trying to drag the club down.

Suity

Parra are dealing with enough crap at the moment and are lucky the whole Manly fiasco is taking the heat off, but seriously, signing Zappia as CEO would be asking for negative press, in my opinion. The media would have a field day with his history at Cronulla.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Parra are dealing with enough crap at the moment and are lucky the whole Manly fiasco is taking the heat off, but seriously, signing Zappia as CEO would be asking for negative press, in my opinion. The media would have a field day with his history at Cronulla.

Don't worry mate. I don't think we would sign Zappia. I don't think any club would.

SDM

First Grade
One if the first rules I learnt was not punching women in the face, work the body.

Gronk

Staff member
Osborne's fate known tonight
Greg Prichard
November 14, 2011

Four Simple Steps to Making Your First Spot Forex Trade. Start Here.

PARRAMATTA board member Sid Kelly said last night the investigation into allegations of financial irregularities and harassment of staff that were levelled at chief executive Paul Osborne ''has not been the whitewash some people seemed to think it might be''.

Vice-chairman Kelly and fellow board member Mario Libertini have conducted the investigation over the past three weeks and Kelly confirmed the result would be tabled at a scheduled board meeting tonight.

''It's all but finalised,'' Kelly said. ''The board will know tomorrow night what the result of the inquiry has been. It's been a very thorough inquiry. We've gone down every lane and every avenue, and I'm happy with the outcome.''

When the Herald yesterday approached Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo for a comment, he replied via text message: ''I have not spoken to anyone on this issue as Sid Kelly is running the investigation with Mario Libertini and our solicitor and I am yet to receive my copy.''

Osborne said yesterday he was looking forward to the matter being resolved. ''I'm not making any other comment until the report is out,'' he said.

The Herald reported on Saturday that the board was moving to dismiss Osborne at tonight's meeting. Pressed on the issue of Osborne's future, Kelly refused to provide any insight into the outcome of the investigation.

But, in the event of Osborne either being sacked or resigning, the Herald has learnt that former Parramatta player Michael Buettner will be among contenders for the chief executive's job.

Buettner is the co-manager of the Star of the Sea resort at Terrigal, and is also a panel member on the NRL judiciary.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...own-tonight-20111113-1ndv6.html#ixzz1dcECtUvs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Buettner always seemed very professional but I'm concerned his eyes are too close together. This could attract negative media attention, like Brett Stewart.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lol @ the SMH for shooting blanks, I'm sure if Osborne is cleared they will call it a late minute reprieve..

As for the supposed leaks?? Please...,