What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

DJShaksta

First Grade
lol DT reporting Sharks and Dragons main contenders. I have a feeling someone has been looking through these forums. Dragons fans have expressed how good he would look in a Red V and Cronulla fans stated he was spotted having lunch with Gal and Graham. now DT is reporting it haha, where yesterday these 2 clubs weren't mentioned

Sharks have been talking to Lewis since he was stripped of captaincy.

natheel

Coach
Sharks have been talking to Lewis since he was stripped of captaincy.

so has Parra according to the Mole in RLW. So imo those 2 clubs would be the ones who he would go too. His manager denied an immediate release to Parra and in the article it said something like 'His manager bloked the trade at this time' for me that leaves the door open for him to come next year. I'd be happy if he came to parra but also Sharks as long as he doesn't go to those merkins like Dogs, Dragons or Tigers

natheel

Coach
Thing is he has incentives to go to both Parra and Sharks - Sharks for the chance of playing finals footy and with Parra to be part of a new era and to fill a starting spot straight away with hindy gone

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If Gus is selling a major dummy to Rothfield it will be the funniest thing in League history! Hahaha

Oak could be just announcing a new flavour or something!

Canard

Immortal
Thing is he has incentives to go to both Parra and Sharks - Sharks for the chance of playing finals footy and with Parra to be part of a new era and to fill a starting spot straight away with hindy gone

To fill a starting spot straight away? In what world would Luke Lewis go to ANY club in the NRL to play in the reggies?

natheel

Coach
To fill a starting spot straight away? In what world would Luke Lewis go to ANY club in the NRL to play in the reggies?

Mate he'd take Hindys spot no doubt!

and rumours of us getting a new coach may help us get him. Especially the favourite for the new coaching position is Stuart, Lewis publicly backed him to coach us and NSW prior to origin 3.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No way the Panthers would want to rid of him..surely? I really hope this is a dummy too, that would be awesome. Phil Ruddyface would look even worse

Canard

Immortal
Mate he'd take Hindys spot no doubt!

and rumours of us getting a new coach may help us get him. Especially the favourite for the new coaching position is Stuart, Lewis publicly backed him to coach us and NSW prior to origin 3.

Im saying the lure of a "starting spot" is hardly an incentive to a player the calibre of Luke Lewis.

How about the Cowboys offer Cameron Smith the "lure" of a starting spot as well?

LeagueLegend

Juniors
If Gus is selling a major dummy to Rothfield it will be the funniest thing in League history! Hahaha

Oak could be just announcing a new flavour or something!

Apparently it's blood flavour - there's been so much bloodshed out of that club that OAK can now package it up and sell.

natheel

Coach
Im saying the lure of a "starting spot" is hardly an incentive to a player the calibre of Luke Lewis.

How about the Cowboys offer Cameron Smith the "lure" of a starting spot as well?

Well if he came to Parra i wouldn't be suprised if he was straight into being Captain imo theres another incentive. But when i say starting spot i mean where will he play at the sharks do they shaft bukuya? Smith? Tupou? Galle? they have a solid backrow already. Dragons with Scott leaving would be another good option. honestly out of the 5 clubs that have been mentioned so far since the news broke only 3 clubs to me would be worth looking at in terms of a certain spot in the team. Tigers (No ellis), Dragons (Scott) Eels (hindy)

LeagueLegend

Juniors
"It's unfortunate but it's like a bad marriage - there's no point hanging on to someone when he doesn't want to be here," a Penrith official told thetelegraph.com.au.

The point has to be asked why doesn't he want to be there? And lets not stop at him, ask all the players who have left recently why they don't want to be there - would make for some damning truths that Gould and Feltis could not fathom.

Well if he came to Parra i wouldn't be suprised if he was straight into being Captain imo theres another incentive. But when i say starting spot i mean where will he play at the sharks do they shaft bukuya? Smith? Tupou? Galle? they have a solid backrow already. Dragons with Scott leaving would be another good option. honestly out of the 5 clubs that have been mentioned so far since the news broke only 3 clubs to me would be worth looking at in terms of a certain spot in the team. Tigers (No ellis), Dragons (Scott) Eels (hindy)

How about this scenario.

If Lewis signs with the Sharks. JS just might get his wish and reduce his travelling by Sharks doing a favour to big brother and release JS to them.

There is aways negotiations and plans going on behind the scenes

Latest posts