What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

Fire

First Grade
I don't know if Lewis will play all eight games. But Gus mentioned at the presser today that he wants to do something special/have a farewell for Lewis' last home game. So it's likely he'll be playing in the Round 25 against the Titans.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Lewis to play out his final year with us with the only goal to finish 2nd last above Parramatta. It's a joke the way the club is run, even with Elliott gone it's still a ship with noone at the wheel.

Cliffhanger

Coach
With most players, you would worry they won't put the effort in given the circumstances (whatever they are) but Lewis I cannot see bludging for the rest of the season, if anything I think he will lift. He's always seemed to have a good attitude and to genuinely take pride in his side.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I would love to know what it is the Panthers are smoking. Now is not the time to be telling your best players to get stuffed.

I hope Lewis gets picked up pretty quick so he can tell Penrith to f**k themselves.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I've been hearing all over the news that Lewis asked to leave.

Bullshit. He was pushed and pushed hard. If that's the justification the Panthers are sheeting home and expecting people to believe then they're going nowhere and they're very badly led.

soc123_au

Staff member
It's all Part of the master plan for world domination. We will be bigger than Man U, if we can get rid of Jennings, Coote, McKendry & Grant. If we could somehow coax Purts back from pommieland all will be right with the world. I don't understand the fuss, we still have Brad Tighe & Cameron Ciraldo!!! ......................,

typicalfan

Coach
I've been hearing all over the news that Lewis asked to leave.

Bullshit. He was pushed and pushed hard. If that's the justification the Panthers are sheeting home and expecting people to believe then they're going nowhere and they're very badly led.
Yes and it wouldn't have been a recent thing either. Wouldn't surprise me if Gould sat down at the beginning of the year with a plan to nab a star half, he looks at the roster and sees Jennings and Gordon on relatively big dollars. Gordon is the first to go but Jennings doesn't sell as he is too overpriced, so he is forced to go down this path. Thurston kind of makes sense. Having Segeyaro would mean he doesn't need to form a completely new combination as well. A one club veteran player doesn't wake up one morning and go I want to leave, it is a decision that is made over a long period of time. And it doesn't make sense that he doesn't want to rebuild. Surely he would be there in 2014 playing alongside a hypothetical JT.

Taking the captaincy off him was a farce, wasn't it the next game he tore Manly to shreds? If you really wanted him there you would have given him the captaincy back then and there.

Manu, Brown and Austin even combined aren't equal to Luke Lewis.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Originally Posted by BunniesMan
How is this post not deleted...Cliffy do you want to get sued?

You can't just suggest something like that about someone whose never had their name even associated with cheating.
Originally Posted by Cliffhanger
Firstly, it's "who's".
Sorry, but whose is in fact correct.
You just got schooled by Bunniesman, no? :cool:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Firstly, it's "who's".

Secondly, Marion Jones never had her name associated with cheating. But you just had to take one look at her objectively and it was pretty damn obvious something was not right.

Thirdly, I said it was unlikely they hadn't been aided by special substances. really think about it, yes these guys train more than the average person. But, human beings still have physical limitations.

"Whose" is the abbreviation of "who has", not "who is" you dickwit.

age.s

First Grade
Only a merkin of Bunniesliar proportions would follow a merkin of Rothfield proportions. Reposting his vile vindictive drivel is a sure sign of LUs worst poster being a shittier person than anyones previously subterranean expectations.

guy incognito

Juniors
Rothfield is wrong a lot of the time.

But IMO he might just be accidentally right this time. They're supposedly building an empire but you don't build empires by taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.[/QUOTE]

When we get to 41 years without a premiership I'll be worried...until then I can just press play on the DVD and relive the games in colour and have a good lol@5(c)ouffs

Latest posts