What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

He's had plenty of ordinary ones though.

Pritchard>>> The entire Brisbane forward pack.

He is integral to our attack, just because he isn't breaking the line, it does not mean he is playing ordinary, he has added passing before the line to his game, his work off the ball is also immense.

typicalfan

Coach
Pritchard>>> The entire Brisbane forward pack.

He is integral to our attack, just because he isn't breaking the line, it does not mean he is playing ordinary, he has added passing before the line to his game, his work off the ball is also immense.
He wouldn't make the Broncos forward pack.

He won't even be in the top 4 forwards in the Bulldogs pack next season with Tony Williams joining the Bulldogs.

You chooffin on the ice pipe again....?

Why are you defending the Brisbane forward pack? Your'e a Parramatta supporter dude.

You seem to have this weird love for Queensland, I don't understand why, since you live in NSW.

He wouldn't make the Broncos forward pack. .

:lol: Just no.

He won't even be in the top 4 forwards in the Bulldogs pack next season with Tony Williams joining the Bulldogs

Wow, I don't even...

typicalfan

Coach
Why are you defending the Brisbane forward pack? Your'e a Parramatta supporter dude.

You seem to have this weird love for Queensland, I don't understand why, since you live in NSW.

:lol: Just no.

Wow, I don't even...
Do you think Frank Pritchard is better than Tony Williams??? :lol: If so what facet? bigger? no...stronger? no....faster? no....

Hannant, McGuire, Civ, Glenn, Parker, Thaiday > Pritchard.

Luke Lewis >>>>> Frank Pritchard.

Do you think Frank Pritchard is better than Tony Williams??? :lol: If so what facet? bigger? no...stronger? no....faster? no....

Hannant, McGuire, Civ, Glenn, Parker, Thaiday > Pritchard.

Luke Lewis >>>>> Frank Pritchard.

Lol I didn't say Pritchard was better than Tony Williams, you have poor comprehension skills.

Anyways reasons listed:

• Hannant is a good player I'll admit that.
  • Civoneciva is passed it.
  • Glenn is a utility forward at best.
  • Parker is only good for super coach.
  • Thaiday is a fat gimp, who made his name off running third man in.
  • Lewis is an over-rated hack of Kurt Gidley proportions.

Pritchard >> All listed.

Fire

First Grade
  • Hannant is a good player I'll admit that.
  • Civoneciva is passed it.
  • Glenn is a utility forward at best.
  • Parker is only good for super coach.
  • Thaiday is a fat gimp, who made his name off running third man in.
  • Lewis is an over-rated hack of Kurt Gidley proportions.

Pritchard >> All listed.

Dude, if you're trolling I take my hat off to you. If you're serious, well, there's really nothing to say.

franklin2323

Immortal
I am sure if Luke Lewis is part of the problem teams would avoid him at all costs. Almost every team would have him instantly though if they could afford him.

Spot on. He has played under Royce, Lang, Elliott. Cleary, Stuart, Sheens, Bennett, Bellamy, Anderson some I missed. In either club or representative footy yet now he's got a problem. yeah right it doesn't make sense.

sharko

Juniors
Penrith are in huge debt as a leagues club and a football club..there debts are in the mnay millions and no amount of pokies or bigger pokies clubs can cover them..their management has been dodgy for some decade and now you are seeing the results.
Just look at the Panthers crowds this year..all this promotion of them and the Eels as bastions of western Sydney is a wank..they are rabble off the field and a very boring team on it.
Gould is a snake, watch for him to pull up stumps and head back to Easts by the end of this year..he likes to criticise others but will not cop any criticism of himself.

Hooch

Juniors
Taking the captaincy off him effectively indicated they had no confidence in him, and it was over from there on. He was not treated with the respect due a senior player so what is the point of sticking around? You move to greener pastures without the baggage.

Lewis acutally looked and sounded relieved in that press conference, like there was a load taken off his shoulders. They put him in an impossible position and they are smart enough to know it.

You could understand if they didn't think he played well with the responsibiltiy of captaincy, but it is very hard to believe that they couldn't get him on board with their plans for the future.

There was a power vacumn at Penrith under Elliot, and guys like Petero and Lewis are naive and end up getting pulled into the politics.

It's the job of a good coach to pull them out of that and have them focus purely on football.

It's very hard to believe that they couldn't have got Lewis on board with them and their direction, and focused on his game.

The truth is probably simpler in that both Gould and Cleary have fragile egos, and feel the need to totally rub out any reminders of the player power that had established itself in the club.

Hence Kevin Kingston as their club captain.

They will see improvement in a few years, but it certainly won't be because they punted Luke Lewis.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
They put him in an impossible position by giving captaincy to someone else during Origin?

FFS If Lewis is that pissweak no wonder Queensland have won 7 straight.

Again - Hindy is the benchmark. Whilst not stripped of captaincy, Tim Mannah did most of the captaincy duties earlier on.

Lewis sounds like the fragile ego that no club needs in it's leadership core. It never ceases to amaze me that the talent Penrith have had in recent years that they have not had better results. Sure, Elliot wears a lot of blame, but a side with Coote, Gordon, Jennings, Petero, Lewis, Pritchard and the likes of Grant and McKendrie coming through should have produced more seasons like 2010.

I dont think a talented sook is really useful in the long run.

If I was a Panthers fan and had someone want to run away after losing captaincy when their head is in Origin, I'd be giving him a good dose of F*CK OFF as a going away present.

to_ddeath

Coach
Why would you take the captaincy away from him? He'd served there longer than any other current player they have. Ridiculously poor player treatment from Penriff, & their fans know it.

T.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gould knew what the outcome would be when he strippred him without consulting with him. The motives for Pantehrs wanting rid of him who knows. I do know there will be a big scramble going on from 15 other NRL clubs and probably 4 or 5 SL clubs right now to try and fit him into next years salary cap!