What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

st.phil

Bench
There's no f**kwits at our club, they're all decent blokes and pretty well behaved. If we did get Mortimer maybe the likes of Morris, Nighty, Merrin, Creagh, Weyman, the Stanley's, Soward, even Big Dell (if he's still around) will be good mentors for him.

I was a bit harsh on him earlier - this makes sense. He seems a bit "out" of the roosters a$$hole click

Mortimer.. hmmm... had so much potential in his first year and was an absolute balls-up in his second... but perhaps with the right coaching and some maturity... I saw him the other day (was it the roosters?) come off the bench I think, anyone know how hes going?

Prince would be a 1000x better signing though (obviously!).

Prince is the same age as Hornby...

Mr Red

First Grade
There's no f**kwits at our club, they're all decent blokes and pretty well behaved. If we did get Mortimer maybe the likes of Morris, Nighty, Merrin, Creagh, Weyman, the Stanley's, Soward, even Big Dell (if he's still around) will be good mentors for him.
agree they would be good mentors, but the kid is already very well spoken and well behaved... he simply cant play :(

The Nick

Bench
Got this from the parra forum, thread sounds like no chance.

Originally Posted by FAT570
Heard an intresting rumour yesterday regarding our number 1
Apparently dragons are to make a big play for Hayne to take care of
their fullback woes.....
They have the $ and IF Soward does leave to England will have even more
to "battle" with us in negotiations.

Hahahaha that will do me!

Fire

First Grade
Yep, point taken about Mortimer guys. I really dunno if he'll do good with us or not if we get him. Time will tell.

jenninga

First Grade
I don't think Mortimer would be a bad option. In 2009 he had a strong forward pack that provided him with gaps. He never had a decent pack since. I think he would be suited to us. Would give us some speed again and I think him and Soward would compliment well.
I agree,i never saw Mortimer as a 5/8th and at 7 he can be a competent half with Soward doing his stuff. Jeff Robson has proved you don't need to be flashy ,him and Carney work well together and i see something similar with Mortimer and Soward.

Mr Red

First Grade
mortimer is no better then our current half..
slow, cant kick, goes missing in games..., poor ball playing skills...

if mortimer was smart and wanted to play more first grade he would put on a few kilos and convert to hooker where i think he could get a first grade gig somewhere.

Elias1983

Coach

if mortimer was smart and wanted to play more first grade he would put on a few kilos and convert to hooker where i think he could get a first grade gig somewhere.

Not with us he won't give me rein/king any day!!!!!

st.phil

Bench
Rein and King are hookers...King might be capable but wants to be a hooker...pretty sure thats the plan. Rein could never play in the halves...he is closer to a lock than a half / 5/8th

jenninga

First Grade

Mortimer showed what he can do in 09 and was sharp,can tackle and always got involved during that short season with Parra.He has been poorly used.He is young and with Soward can form a good halves combo.I agree the bit we have seen lately shows a guy playing without hunger,but were you excited when the club signed Soward ,i don't think many of us were at the time.But he has had his chance and took it to become an Origin and premiership player.

Elias1983

Coach
Mortimer showed what he can do in 09 and was sharp,can tackle and always got involved during that short season with Parra.He has been poorly used.He is young and with Soward can form a good halves combo.I agree the bit we have seen lately shows a guy playing without hunger,but were you excited when the club signed Soward ,i don't think many of us were at the time.But he has had his chance and took it to become an Origin and premiership player.

Thanks to Wayne bennett.

Fire

First Grade
He went to Kogarah Marist i believe, should have been one of ours.

Nah mate. You're thinking of Josh Reynolds from the Bulldogs. He went to Kogarah Marist but went through the Bulldogs junior system (i.e., Mathews and S.G.)

I'm pretty sure Adam Reynolds is a Souths junior.

Elias1983

Coach
Adam Reynolds is a Souths Jr to the core.

Josh Reynolds is indeed a Kogarah Marist boy.

I'd take both of them.

I'm pretty sure that if Adam Reynolds keeps going the way he is, he will be replacing Pearce as halfback of the blues.

He's got the potential to be really good.

Very calm under pressure, good footy brain and good kicking game.

Latest posts